Dolphins to win th AFC east in 2020??? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins to win th AFC east in 2020???

How does that work? Shouldn't Miami have an easier schedule than the Patriots, Jets and Bills? I mean we all play the same AFC and NFC West teams, plus Miami gets the 4th place Bengals and Jags. Is that negated by the fact that Miami has to play four games against 10 win teams in the Bills and Patriots, while they both get to play 4 win Miami? The AFC west could be interesting too from the standpoint you could have the NFL champion Chiefs and the Broncos with a 2nd year qb and the Charges and Raiders with new quarterbacks. A lot could come down to who's at the helm for the Raiders and Chargers.
Meh. It's a early February SOS ranking. It's meaningless click bait. WE could have 3rd easiest by week 2.

I caution downplaying the Bills who will also draft and have free agency to fortify their weaknesses. They have a much stronger roster than ours and now have some playoff experience.

I like some of the Bills defensive pieces, but I could see Miami having the better qb, rb and recivers on the offensive side.
I would take Josh Allen over Fitzpatrick any day of the week. I really don’t see the Dolphins having a better RB because at this time they really don’t have a starting caliber RB on their roster. As far as the WR position is concerned, I would certainly favor the Dolphins at this time.
Where the Bills have a huge advantage over the Dolphins is on defense. The Bills have one of the best defenses in the league and the Dolphins have one of the worst defenses in the league.

While the draft and free agency might close some of the talent gap between the Dolphins and the Bills. The reality is the Bills have plenty of cap space to upgrade their talent too. At this time I think the Bills are clearly better than the Dolphins. I think the Patriots will be better than the Dolphins, with or without Brady
and the Jets should be better next year.

I think the Dolphins should do whatever they can to try to get out of the AFC east and move to the AFC south. There were rumors of the Jaguars moving the London (which I think is a terrible idea), but if that happens I think the Dolphins should do everything they can to try and move to the AFC south.

I think the AFC east is going to be pretty good for a while with both the Bills and Jets looking like they both have franchise QB’s in Allen and Darnold. I think especially the Bills will be good with their Defense. The Pats are just the Pats and as long as Belichick stays there with or without Brady they will be decent. I think that the AFC east will be a very hard conference to compete in in 2 or 3 years, and I think that the Dolphins need to do everything they can to get out of the AFC east.

I just noticed Draftkings has the Dolphins at 18-1, the longshot, to win the AFC east next season. Does anybody else think that might be worth a nibble, seeing that those odds could change drasticly if Miami drafts Tua and Brady leaves the Patriots? I'm feeling like a few good free agency moves and a solid draft could go a long way in closing the gap between the Dolphins and the Jets and Bills, so if the Patriots slip back to the pack it could be anyones race to win come December. So a $2,000 bet would net you $36,000 if you make the bet now before the payoff changes. More likely thinking $200 to win $3,600 as a more relaxed fun bet. Anybody else think Miami has a decent chance of going from last to 1st if the dominoes fall in their favor?

I definitely make the $200 bet for good fun. Plus, you can’t win the lottery without buying a ticket.

Unfortunately, it would require the luck of a lotto winner to cash out. We don’t have the power yet.

I get the fereling that after free agency and after the draft the odds will fall to 10-to-1 or 11-to-1. Especially if Brady leaves New England and they don't replace with a grade A qb.

It's a good question. I would say that once we have the QB position set can we talk about divisional championships. I hope, if we do indeed pick Tua, that he can take us into the promise land. Next year, or maybe year three of the new franchise.

The Patriots are not the team they have been … and we split with them last year …. The Jets suck and Adam Gase loves him some him … The Bills defense gives me pause but that's about it … Strength of schedule doesn't mean much to me … the Dolphins put 5 wins together with mediocre guys after needing nearly half of the season to figure things out .... strength of coaching and strength of team is greater than strength of schedule IMO ...

We don't need to be 12-4 to win the AFC EAST .... 10-6 should do it ... splitting the Pats and Bills while sweeping the Jets gives us a 4-2 record in the division ... Pats will be split twice ... Jets will be swept twice ,,, Bills are the outliers as they could sweep the Jets and the Pats ....

Dolphins win the AFC East IMO with a quicker start than last season and a stronger finish 9-7 or 10-6 should suffice ... with a new offense in place (gonna surprise folks early) and an O-line that WILL BE fortified we will have a running game we lacked last year (thank you Fitzpatrick but you won't be our leading rusher)

This is all, of course, my opinion and screams homerism lol ... but it's my bold take pre-FA and Pre-draft

The Bills can't beat the Patriots. At BEST they would split.

They are like 3-17 against the Pats since 2010. and 5-35 since 2000.

I just noticed Draftkings has the Dolphins at 18-1, the longshot, to win the AFC east next season. Does anybody else think that might be worth a nibble, seeing that those odds could change drasticly if Miami drafts Tua and Brady leaves the Patriots? I'm feeling like a few good free agency moves and a solid draft could go a long way in closing the gap between the Dolphins and the Jets and Bills, so if the Patriots slip back to the pack it could be anyones race to win come December. So a $2,000 bet would net you $36,000 if you make the bet now before the payoff changes. More likely thinking $200 to win $3,600 as a more relaxed fun bet. Anybody else think Miami has a decent chance of going from last to 1st if the dominoes fall in their favor?
What does it feel like to hate money?

My big question is, who is QB'ing the Patriots? Been waiting a long time for their demise. :D

If Brady leaves who is the best FA candidate?

Back
Top Bottom