Dolphins trade for Aqib Talib | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins trade for Aqib Talib

I’m glad I’m not the owner. Taking on salary for 5th rounders lol
We have the room, plenty of unspent money and it goes away at the end of the year. We're left with a 5th rounder, let's see what we gave them, my guess is a 7th. Good deal especially if they are going to bury X away on IR to protect that knee till next year, another smart move.

I think you are capped at what you can roll over and we have more space than the cap this year - not sure but I think thats how it may work

Well if that’s the case ok. But I’m not sure it is when we salary dumped all over the place already

Cap space we could have rolled over I imagine.

This isn’t as warm and fuzzy as it’s being made out to be.

Not at $8 mil it’s not.

I don't think it will really matter. I don't think they spend big until before the 2021 season, and they will want to roll over as much as possible at the end of 2020. With the 89% rule they probably have a bit of cap space to burn.

It's not $8m, it's $4.2m ... LA is on the hook for $3.8m. He's an UFA after this year. We take on a little bit of salary and get a 5th (probably give a 7th). How is this bad at all?

It's not $8m, it's $4.2m ... LA is on the hook for $3.8m. He's an UFA after this year. We take on a little bit of salary and get a 5th (probably give a 7th). How is this bad at all?

That helps.

Back
Top Bottom