Dolphins trade for Bradley Chubb | Page 56 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins trade for Bradley Chubb

We are signing him long term.

Yeah, I don't understand that line of thinking

Is it possible they don't? Sure.

Miami has to know what Chubb is looking for contract wise.

Miami does not make the trade, on the fly, not thinking about a contract.

He's gonna be resigned

Much like Smith in Baltimore. You don't make these trades unless you're plan is to resign them.

We shall see. But I am not worried.

How about more than 5 games, and 3 which were bottom 20 defenses (1 being dead last)? Problem is when you are constantly out, numbers can get inflated. This happened last year with him as well when he missed the difficult part of the schedule and came back into the soft part. How about stay healthy and play the difficult games too? That is what an actual QB1 does.
Yet if he had a bad game against a bottom 20 defense you’d start a thread saying how he’s not it. You’ll never be satisfied. You’re just waiting for the moment he slips so you can say I told you so.

Yet if he had a bad game against a bottom 20 defense you’d start a thread saying how he’s not it. You’ll never be satisfied. You’re just waiting for the moment he slips so you can say I told you so.
Whole lot of conjecture.

Yeah, I don't understand that line of thinking

Is it possible they don't? Sure.

Miami has to know what Chubb is looking for contract wise.

Miami does not make the trade, on the fly, not thinking about a contract.

He's gonna be resigned

Much like Smith in Baltimore. You don't make these trades unless you're plan is to resign them.

We shall see. But I am not worried.
They always can use the franchise tag on him as well. The difference with the Ravens situation is they might be forced to use the franchise tag on Lamar Jackson leaving Smith free to sign elsewhere.

He's the QB1 on the roster. Doesn't mean he is a QB1. It's a low bar.
Such a dumb, troll comment. Tua knocking it out of the park in nearly every single statistical category. You're clearly here on a windup, because spewing that kind of tripe, it's clear you have no interest in being taken seriously, nor having serious debate.

They are 3-5, have no long term QB, older cap restructured players, no draft picks...

And people STILL try to use them as an argument about how restructuring isn't damaging.

Just... wow!

If it didn’t only take 1 year to get out of cap hell then I’d be more inclined to agree with you. The Saints for some reason just refuse to rip the bandaid off.

All of the young teams who have legit starting QBs are making their run. Everyone due in part to having 1 shitty year where they cleared the books and then drafted a QB. Cinci, Miami, Chargers, Eagles and somewhat the Cheatriots all are using the strategy where you surround your young qb with a strong nucleus and then make the push when the QB play is deemed Super Bowl worthy.

IMO one year of having to cut cap is worth a lifetime of fanhood if you win just one SB.

The real questions now are; are the back end of the D and the o-line going to hold up?

They always can use the franchise tag on him as well. The difference with the Ravens situation is they might be forced to use the franchise tag on Lamar Jackson leaving Smith free to sign elsewhere.
Yeah - Miami could steal Smith for next year - it’s very exciting to see this team go ALL IN at a time when we actually have a window….

Yeah - Miami could steal Smith for next year - it’s very exciting to see this team go ALL IN at a time when we actually have a window….
I would love to see that but how are the Dolphins going to be able to afford him and Chubb?

Good post on reddit. Sums up my feelings well:

"I said it on another post but by the numbers, his best year for pass rushing was 57 pressures in 456 pass rushing snaps his rookie year, then 57 pressures in 421 pass rushing snaps in 2020. 13 sacks and 8 sacks respectively. Ogbah's best years were 66 pressures in 522 pass rushing snaps in 2020, and 61 pressures in 524 pass rushing snaps in 2021. 10 and 11 sacks respectively.

So Ogbah's best year he had pressures in 12.5% of his pass rushing snaps, Chubb 13.5% of his pass rushing snaps. Unless Chubb takes a jump right after we trade for him, we gave up a 1st+4th, and will probably be paying 17M+ for someone who will be a marginal upgrade over Ogbah.

Not only that, but Chubb missed significant time in both 2019 and 2021 due to injuries.

Not only that but we'll have to pay 20M+ a year for him since he needs a new contract.

Not only that but it'll shift Ogbah to being more of a rotational pass rusher since only two guys can be on the edge. We just gave Ogbah a 16M+ a year extension and now he'll be more of a rotational guy."
This idea reads way too far into the future for me.... too many things can happen. Our GM has improved our team right now. The FO can figure out where/how we go into next season and, again, they will get it done. We should all enjoy this ... moments like this have been few .... for awhile.

How about more than 5 games, and 3 which were bottom 20 defenses (1 being dead last)? Problem is when you are constantly out, numbers can get inflated. This happened last year with him as well when he missed the difficult part of the schedule and came back into the soft part. How about stay healthy and play the difficult games too? That is what an actual QB1 does.
Hilarious. But your "QB1" just has to do it against .. pre-season calibre players. Tua needs to do it repeatedly, against top defences. But Skylar needs to do it in pre-season against guys who aren't even in the NFL anymore. Classic.

But you’re making a judgment on the whole team right now.
I guess moving the goalposts for Tua has no off-season
This is hilarious. YOU brought up Tua. I didn't mention him. The post you responded to was: "Unfortunately, you are only as good as the statistics say, and this team ain't that good."

I'll wait here while you try to find the "Tua" in that post.

This is hilarious. You brought up Tua. I didn't mention him. The post you responded to was: "Unfortunately, you are only as good as the statistics say, and this team ain't that good."

I'll wait here while you try to find the "Tua" in that post.
Like you didn’t know who’s stats those were :chuckle:

You say this team “ain’t good“ because of their stats, but you just can’t make a judgement yet on Tua’s.
1667400219068.gif

Hilarious. But your "QB1" just has to do it against .. pre-season calibre players. Tua needs to do it repeatedly, against top defences. But Skylar needs to do it in pre-season against guys who aren't even in the NFL anymore. Classic.
Glad we are in agreement (except for the spelling of that word).

Back
Top Bottom