Dolphins trade for Bradley Chubb | Page 57 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins trade for Bradley Chubb

If it didn’t only take 1 year to get out of cap hell then I’d be more inclined to agree with you. The Saints for some reason just refuse to rip the bandaid off.

All of the young teams who have legit starting QBs are making their run. Everyone due in part to having 1 shitty year where they cleared the books and then drafted a QB. Cinci, Miami, Chargers, Eagles and somewhat the Cheatriots all are using the strategy where you surround your young qb with a strong nucleus and then make the push when the QB play is deemed Super Bowl worthy.

IMO one year of having to cut cap is worth a lifetime of fanhood if you win just one SB.

The real questions now are; are the back end of the D and the o-line going to hold up?
It takes 'only one year to get out of cap Hell' only if you let a bunch of players walk at the same time... which knocks you waaaaay back in terms of being able to compete.
Then you are a rebuilding team and must get lucky on several drafts in a row in order to compete again.

Better to mind your finances and not get into the boom/bust cycle... which can end up being a 10 year bust.

So you believe giving up a 1st, a 4th and a RB for a player let's say he was the greatest player ever to play any sport, for possibly only 8 games is an ok trade because we don't always hit on our draft picks? Come on, you're smarter than that.
It’s already been reported that a long term contract with Chubb is in the works. He’s 26 and in his prime. We‘lol have J Phillips and B Chubb locked in as our edge rushers for the foreseeable future.

It’s already been reported that a long term contract with Chubb is in the works. He’s 26 and in his prime. We‘lol have J Phillips and B Chubb locked in as our edge rushers for the foreseeable future.
I understand. I hope it works out. Still not a guarantee and not the chance they should be taking.

I understand. I hope it works out. Still not a guarantee and not the chance they should be taking.
They can use the franchise tag on him if they have to. You don't give up a 1st round pick for a guy and then let him leave for nothing the following year. He isn't going anywhere.

They want to sign him. He also loves Denver. Anyone that knows business you don't give up the farm without having a guarantee. It's not a difficult process.
Chubb said shortly after being traded that he wants to sign a long term deal in Miami. It’ll get done. If you don’t think Grier and his agent were discussing what it would take before pulling the trigger on the trade then I’m not sure what to tell you.

This kind of thing happens in the NFL all the time.

Let's please not act like a late first round pick is the world. It's not like all first round picks are equal. There is every reason to believe that the 49ers pick is going to be late in the first round. Take a look at draft from 2018 -- of the last 11 picks, 5 players had their teams decline their fifth year contract.
Ok, I'll go with some extremes here - So you believe giving up the last pick in the 1st, the last pick in the 4th and a terrible RB for a player let's say he was the greatest player ever to play any sport, but for possibly only 8 games is an ok trade because we don't always hit on our draft picks? I know there is talk about working on a long term deal, however, that is not guaranteed. You do know, he loves Denver and this scenario has happened before. I will be happy when he signs, I never said I didn't like picking him up, but I am sorry gambling with what we gave up is bad business, there is no argument.

Back
Top Bottom