Dolphins trade for Bradley Chubb | Page 59 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins trade for Bradley Chubb

My point was they aren't going to let Chubb leave after this season. They are going to keep him one way or the other even if they have to use the franchise tag on him.
I agree. I was just posting what generally happens in these deals since some people seem so worried that this deal was done with no consideration about extending him.

We will run a lot of Odd front with Phillips and Chubb at OLB and some 4-3 Elephant with Chubb and Ogbah at DE and Phillips as the OLB (Elephant) is my guess. Ingram is a rotation guy now.
yeah Phillips has the speed and athleticism to be that rover elephant guy..frees him up to showcase his talents.

I have put several people on ignore and it's made my experience here much better. For example, I really like Thompson (I think he'd be great as a back-up next season and potentially a starter, though probably not for us), but if I listen to too much drivel about him from an idiot and then I'll end up (unfairly) resenting Thompson.
I like Thompson too. I think if he doesn’t get hurt against the Vikings we potentially end up winning that game.

I see no reason to keep TB on the roster next year. I’m comfortable rolling with ST as a backup. He’s been a pleasant surprise.

How about more than 5 games, and 3 which were bottom 20 defenses (1 being dead last)? Problem is when you are constantly out, numbers can get inflated. This happened last year with him as well when he missed the difficult part of the schedule and came back into the soft part. How about stay healthy and play the difficult games too? That is what an actual QB1 does.
Stay healthy Swiss.

I would love to see that but how are the Dolphins going to be able to afford him and Chubb?
Worry - that"s for the capologist. Just be happy Grier pulled off another couple of great deals. The cap is always rising just like the morning sun Ryan! And there's always fat to trim! Keep going this way and we'll have a true contender.

Last edited:
I like Thompson too. I think if he doesn’t get hurt against the Vikings we potentially end up winning that game.

I see no reason to keep TB on the roster next year. I’m comfortable rolling with ST as a backup. He’s been a pleasant surprise.

Thompson will be cheap on his rookie deal. This is a way we save 6 or so million dollars next year.

I am comfortable with him being a good backup.

Worry - that"s for the capologist. Just be happy Grier pulled off another couple of great deals. The cap is always rising just like the morning sun Ryan! And there's always fat to trim! Keep going this way and we'll have a true contender.
Having Chubb and Smith on the same defense would be a dream!

Chubb said shortly after being traded that he wants to sign a long term deal in Miami. It’ll get done. If you don’t think Grier and his agent were discussing what it would take before pulling the trigger on the trade then I’m not sure what to tell you.

This kind of thing happens in the NFL all the time.

Agree. It happened w/ Tyreek.

Another example is Matt Olsen (Braves (MLB)).

Back
Top Bottom