Dolphins trade for Bradley Chubb | Page 60 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins trade for Bradley Chubb

It takes 'only one year to get out of cap Hell' only if you let a bunch of players walk at the same time... which knocks you waaaaay back in terms of being able to compete.
Then you are a rebuilding team and must get lucky on several drafts in a row in order to compete again.

Better to mind your finances and not get into the boom/bust cycle... which can end up being a 10 year bust.

Agreed.

But I think for Miami let's look at it this way.

Let's say the 1 year you decide to let players walk would be Ogbah, Howard, Jones, Baker and Armstead.

That right there would take us out of cap hell. However I think we could still be competitive somewhat.

Outside of Baker and Armstead the other 3 guys aren't doing much this year IMO.

Obviously Miami shouldn't go the NO route.

But it appears the players Miami will have to let go were most likely close to the end of the line anyway, minus Baker.

If Miami can come out of it with Tua, Waddle, C. WILLIAMS, Hunt, Wilkins, Chubb, Phillips, Kohou, Holland I think that's a nice start to a "rebuild"

T.Hill,dunno. That contract is funky after 2 more seasons.

Miami needs to nail the next 2 drafts though

I’ve never put anyone on this site on ignore but ol Swiss boy is getting dangerously close.

There’s something entertaining about him though, like watching a midget try to reach for a cookie jar on the top shelf.
I can't believe everyone doesn't have him on ignore. Seemingly over half this thread is people arguing with his obviously stupid takes, whatever they may be.

As a Broncos fan, I've watched every game that Chubb has played. I thought I'd pop in and give you guys an honest assessment of what you just traded for:

Positives-
1. Big time leader- loved in the locker room, voted team captain by his teammates
2. Sets the edge really well in the run game.
3. Very good pass rusher off the edge, which you desperately need.
4. 6'4 276 pound athletic beast
5. Just 26 years old, entering his prime.

Negatives-
1. He has 26 sacks, and 23 games missed due to injury.

So why did the Broncos trade him? They paid Randy Gregory in the offseason, draft Nic Bonnitto in the second round, and Baron Browning is a rising star that they want to get on the field more often. The Broncos have great depth at edge rusher so it was very unlikely they were going to give Chubb a 20+ million/year contract in the offseason. They also want to re-sign Dremont Jones soon. Interior pass rushers are harder to find than edge rushers. Plain and simple.

You guys got a big time leader that can dominate on the field- when he's healthy. If he stays healthy, it was a great trade for the Dolphins. I'd be excited about what Chubb can bring to your team. He's a pro bowl edge rusher with great character. I hope we look back and say that it worked out for both teams. Good luck Phins fans.
Thanks for that, a very fair and precise assessment. Excited that he should be able to be a big help. Him being injured fits in with what we like to juggle on the roster )

As a Broncos fan, I've watched every game that Chubb has played. I thought I'd pop in and give you guys an honest assessment of what you just traded for:

Positives-
1. Big time leader- loved in the locker room, voted team captain by his teammates

Negatives-

So why did the Broncos trade him? They paid Randy Gregory in the offseason, draft Nic Bonnitto in the second round, and Baron Browning is a rising star that they want to get on the field more often. The Broncos have great depth at edge rusher so it was very unlikely they were going to give Chubb a 20+ million/year contract in the offseason. They also want to re-sign Dremont Jones soon. Interior pass rushers are harder to find than edge rushers. Plain and simple.

You guys got a big time leader that can dominate on the field- when he's healthy. If he stays healthy, it was a great trade for the Dolphins. I'd be excited about what Chubb can bring to your team. He's a pro bowl edge rusher with great character. I hope we look back and say that it worked out for both teams. Good luck Phins fans.
Whats the run down on his injuries?

I can't believe everyone doesn't have him on ignore. Seemingly over half this thread is people arguing with his obviously stupid takes, whatever they may be.
I finally just added him. Jesus, between him - and the replies to him - nearly half this thread is toxic idiocy...

The simple truth of the salary cap is CASH solves the cap. It is the reason why teams like the Rams and Cowboys really do not care about the cap. The one thing this Ross does bring to the table is the CASH.

He is a Bozo, but he does spend and he does care about winning it seems. It could be worse....we could have had Snyder....

The simple truth of the salary cap is CASH solves the cap. It is the reason why teams like the Rams and Cowboys really do not care about the cap. The one thing this Ross does bring to the table is the CASH.

He is a Bozo, but he does spend and he does care about winning it seems. It could be worse....we could have had Snyder....
I wonder who is going to buy that train wreck now that's he's had to put them up for sale.

Looks like he’s put me on ignore after I made fun of him…

What will I ever do without the brilliant takes from a football mind as genius as Swiss!

Oh well.

He's still on here damn I forgot about him, the ignore feature is a wonderful thing. It has made this year much more enjoyable and my blood pressure much lower also.

Positives-

Negatives-

I haven't watch every game that Chubb played, but most. I agree with everything, and I would add energy. I don't think he takes plays off like some. The key is his health--that's the main reason that he was available. It will be a great trade for Miami if they resign him and he stays healthy. They were not going to find the equivalent with a 20ish draft pick in the next draft. He's only 26.

Back
Top Bottom