Dolphins trade for Kiko Alonso and Byron Maxwell pending physicals | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins trade for Kiko Alonso and Byron Maxwell pending physicals

Wow, Alonso out in 2014 with acl injury and last year only 11 games with another knee injury. Maxwell fell off... more tannebaum madness.

Well both are upgrades over players we currently have on the roster. So as long as the comp isn't more than I would say a 4th then cool...Kiko is one hell of a player when he's healthy. Easily one of the best LBs we've had around here in a long time.

you nailed it. they are upgrades. the goal this offseason was to upgrade positions, like corner and LB. Alonso is 25, Max is 28

so not 1 torn acl for Alonzo but 1 1/2

gets better by the minute

He tore the same one twice so I'm guessing he rushed back before it was ready. Still depressing to hear though. Hopefully he returns to rookie form. If so, I can finally stop bitching about MLB.

Chris Trapasso ‏@ChrisTrapasso 33s33 seconds ago
#Eagles PR just should have tweeted: "Every player acquired by Chip Kelly last year is on the trading block."

Oh boy... Waiting to see compensation.

I'm surprised about Kiko. Did he have a down year last year? That would help us, but I don't want for us to sacrifice high picks for players that will be on their THIRD team in 2 years...

He was NOT good. But because of his salary & being 2 years removed from injury worth a shot as long as we do not give up any real pick

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero 35s36 seconds ago
Kiko Alonso's dad is Cuban. This is an AWESOME trade Dolphins are about to make!!!

He tore the same one twice so I'm guessing he rushed back before it was ready. Still depressing to hear though. Hopefully he returns to rookie form. If so, I can finally stop bitching about MLB.

I think he was a little overrated frankly his rookie year although he was a hell of a size athlete...I don't think he had great inside read and diag but was more the nickel and coverage athlete backer...we better hope he hasn't lost any of that athleticism...I can tell ya the player I saw in 2015 sure didn't have it

Chris Trapasso ‏@ChrisTrapasso 56s57 seconds ago
Legit reminder: Schwartz was #Bills DC in '14 when Kiko tore ACL training before camp. Schwartz was never Kiko's DC when he was on the field

It is all about what the comp happens to be.

They might have filled two holes with a mid to late round pick.

Alonso is a legit MLB that the team needs. Maxwell was a bad fit in Philly. He can play and has the physical dimension to matchup vs. big receivers.

I would guess they would be late picks, but it is happening so early I wonder if they are higher than we think.

Depending on the Compensation, this is a great look and see trade by the Dolphins. Alonso has one year left for cheap. IF he comes in and can play, great. Maxwell, he has an out in his contract that next year we can walk away from him for 3.4Mil. If both suck, they are gone. If they both work, we have them here and can move forward.

Back
Top Bottom