Dolphins trade for Kiko Alonso and Byron Maxwell pending physicals | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins trade for Kiko Alonso and Byron Maxwell pending physicals

watch him pull a Louis delmas in training camp

would be just our luck although not exactly a surprise

He was NOT good. But because of his salary & being 2 years removed from injury worth a shot as long as we do not give up any real pick

They are all real picks.

That's why you don't see any of the successfully run franchise's being talked about right now. This is not how you build a football team.

This smells more of what types of players Vance Joseph wants more than Tannenbaum plucking players just for the hell of it.

"Hopefully this physical checks out".

In the entire history of the Miami Dolphins franchise, have things after that phrase EVER gone well?

I can't think they are too high. Alonso is a non starter for them and Maxwell has a anchor of a contract for them. Maybe a 5th and 7th. I hope our two 7ths with a chance to go up to a 6th. That would make it awesome.

I think tannenbaum just hears a name he might recognize and that the player might of been good at one point and goes from there. I'm not sure he actually saw either player play last year

Barry Jackson ‏@flasportsbuzz 27s27 seconds ago
If Dolphins can bring Maxwell's salary down from $8.5 M, combo of Maxwell and Alonso (less than $1 million) would be good value if play well

They are all real picks.

That's why you don't see any of the successfully run franchise's being talked about right now. This is not how you build a football team.

This is exactly the type of trade the Pats do. High reward, low risk. If, big if the picks are low round picks.

Barry Jackson ‏@flasportsbuzz 32s33 seconds ago
... Expect Dolphins to continue looking for 2 additional CBs (FA, draft) and another LB for significant roles.

I'm ok with a 3rd if it's an attempt to address two issues with the team. The injury risks are there but your also acquiring youth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is all about what the comp happens to be.

They might have filled two holes with a mid to late round pick.

Alonso is a legit MLB that the team needs. Maxwell was a bad fit in Philly. He can play and has the physical dimension to matchup vs. big receivers.

I would guess they would be late picks, but it is happening so early I wonder if they are higher than we think.

I'm afraid we gave up too much. We're taking on a hugh contract of a guy that was just average last year and we're getting yet another injury prone player. We should not give up anything higher than a 6 for doing the eagles the favor of taking them off their hands

Ozzy rules

He tore the same one twice so I'm guessing he rushed back before it was ready. Still depressing to hear though. Hopefully he returns to rookie form. If so, I can finally stop bitching about MLB.

He also had a torn ACL in college that caused him to miss the 2010 season, and a wrist injury that caused him to miss the combine. So yeah...

This is exactly the type of trade the Pats do. High reward, low risk. If, big if the picks are low round picks.

2016700_orig.gif

Barry Jackson ‏@flasportsbuzz 27s27 seconds ago
If Dolphins can bring Maxwell's salary down from $8.5 M, combo of Maxwell and Alonso (less than $1 million) would be good value if play well

Any restructure would probably mean Miami wants him for more than one year. The guy is guaranteed 8.5 million, he won't back off that unless he gets some guarantee for 2017.

Back
Top Bottom