Dolphins Trade for McKinnie | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Trade for McKinnie

Is Ireland really this stupid? Seriously. Is he intentionally trying to run the Dolphins into the ground??!! WHat did he do, look at video of McKinnie from 8 years ago and say "he looks good, we should trade for him". Ireland obviously must not realize that McKinnie has been total garbage this year.

People have been complaining that anything would be better than Clabo and that the organization would be crazy to not try and fix the situation with other personnel. Now they do and the move is condemned here.

I don't think Mckinnie is gonna be great, but it's gonna be hard not to be an improvement on Clabo. This could be a season saving move not just for the results at the line position, but also because its gonna gonna give the offense a little confidence boost and encouragement.

Two wrongs dont make a right.

McKinnie isnt going to eat Clabo and transform into a competent player. That said, if anyone could try and pull off that feat, its McKinnie.

People have been complaining that anything would be better than Clabo and that the organization would be crazy to not try and fix the situation with other personnel. Now they do and the move is condemned here.
Don't worry, people will soon start to propose situational factors to explain his poor play in Baltimore, and the pendulum will swing the other way. :)

McKinnie played exceptional in the Ravens playoff run last year and was very important in helping get the Ravens a Super Bowl win.
That said, he has looked awful this year.

It would be foolish to expect that McKinnie to show up again. The dude just doesn't care except under very specific circumstances (Ed Reed and Ray Lewis -- old teammates from the U -- were both in Baltimore last year and not this year... not a coincidence in how McKinnie came into this year).

Furthermore I doubt that sitting on the bench has been kind to his fitness, and it's not like Jim Turner has proved he can work miracles with a similar player in John Jerry.

This is hilarious. We could have had McKinnie for free in the offseason. Now give up a pick for him when he isn't even performing much better.

Garner must be atrocious in practice.

This is a serious failure on Ireland's part. Just awful. Rolled he dice on the wrong guy, then trade for the other wrong guy. The only thing worse would have been trading for jake long, lol.

The coaches also get blame.

But hey, at least they are trying something!

FA have a choice bro, he chose Balt. Clabo to the bench is a win folks.

This is like winning 10 cents in the Lottery....

Don't worry, people will soon start to propose situational factors to explain his poor play in Baltimore, and the pendulum will swing the other way. :)

Yes in Baltimore Michael Oher, being a movie hero, always gets TE help while McKinnie was left on an island to deal with overload blitzes to his side. They expected him to block 2 or 3 guys alone (which is why they traded for Monroe they were gonna try 2 LT's). It's really not his fault he's one spot better then T. Clabo on PFF.

McKinnie was done two years ago. The guy is lazy, parties all day and just doesn't take care of his body. The Ravens signed him late last year to make a run, partly at the urging of Ed Reed, who was a teammate of McKinnie's at the U. Somehow he managed to put together a very nice stretch run through the end of the year and the playoffs and the Ravens foolishly expected him to come into this year motivated.

Didn't happen. He was back to being done. And now here we come, with 2/3rds of the season left to go, expecting him to care. Unless he's a superfan who's always dreamed of playing for the Dolphins I wouldn't count on it. The guy is a big, immobile piece of slab bacon, totally unsuited to a zone blocking scheme.

Unless I'm mistaken he's never been an RT so I think this kicks Jonathan Martin over to the right side.

Well in all fairness he actually has from what I've heard.

Hallelujah !!!!!!

Now cut Clabo.

Oh wait....they both equally suck. My god.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom