Dolphins Trade for McKinnie | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Trade for McKinnie

I like the move. Here is my rationale:

1. It is for a late round pick AT BEST. It has to be conditional. The Ravens might have cut him in time anyways.
2. All this McKinnie vs. Clabo talk...B Mac is at LT and Clabo as at an "easier RT"...yet Clabo is "grading out" worse.
3. McKinnie holds down LT, Martin flips to RT and maybe the line is a bit better in pass pro.
4. McKinnie's level goes up and down. I think he plays hard the remainder of the year. He will not play like a dog in South Florida.

i feel embarrassed for this organization today. such a desperate move for another team's clabo. everyone is mocking the move. wow.

I heard Tannehill mention that he needed a half second longer to throw, well maybe we just got back .25 of that half, any other brain busting trades we could possibly make before the stroke of midnight?

I hope this is nothing more than a 7th round pick. Both Clabo and Martin have been an embarrassment and a seriously negative mark against Ireland, Philbin and whoever thought against trading for Branden Albert for 2013, 3rd round pick which at the time Miami still had 2. The trade was still on the table even after Miami selected Jamar Taylor. KC and Andy Reid were desperate to trade Albert. In hindsight the lack of foresight by the F/O and Coaching Staff has turned this season into a possible nightmare. This is the main reason the team is imploding. Although I was unsure about Albert mainly because of his injury history, he was a huge upgrade over Martin who was a huge risk. Ireland may not be completely at fault here, I suspect the Coaching Staff played a part in the decision to move on without making that trade. All indications after the draft prove Miami figured they were going to roll with Martin at LT. Eric Winston should have been signed and NOT Clabo. Ireland Failed 2x's. Mckinnie IMO isn't going to be able to help right away. If this is for more than a 7th, I'll officially be on the Fire Ireland Bandwagon. I've help on my opinion of Ireland hoping and giving him chance after chance, but this OT situation and the Wheeler pick-up have really changed my mind!!!!

I have no problem getting McKinnie as a stop gap LT but there are some issues that Mgt. should answer:

1) Why wasn't this move made before the bye week - there would have been better options in game vs. Bills and even if McKinnie had not played he would have been familiar with plays and ready to play next week vs. NE. Can we really expect McKinnie to play this week vs. NE?
2) McKinnie may be playing better than Clabo but is be playing better than Martin at LT?
3) You're asking Martin to leave his comfort zone of LT (not great but has been steady) to play RT - essentially making two changes to the line at critical positions - LT & RT - is this smart?
4) Would it not have made more sense with an internal move - Garner to LG and Jerry to RT?

I don't usually second guess too much but these are obvious questions...but I'm sure we'll never get the answers!

This is the only way it works, however I would not be surprised to see the coaching staff have their weekly brain fart and put McKinney at RT.

Mckennie to LT Martin back to Rt

Also not sure why people are asking, why this move wasnt made during the bye week. Its plain as day that the coaches and FO wanted to give Clabo a chance. Its likely the team and Clabo had a meeting and in that meeting they told Clabo he was put on notice, and Clabo answered that he understands and will play better, and the coaching staff, as dumb as they have been all season, bought it. So two weeks and a loss later, they react.

I have no problem getting McKinnie as a stop gap LT but there are some issues that Mgt. should answer:

1) Why wasn't this move made before the bye week - there would have been better options in game vs. Bills and even if McKinnie had not played he would have been familiar with plays and ready to play next week vs. NE. Can we really expect McKinnie to play this week vs. NE?
2) McKinnie may be playing better than Clabo but is be playing better than Martin at LT?
3) You're asking Martin to leave his comfort zone of LT (not great but has been steady) to play RT - essentially making two changes to the line at critical positions - LT & RT - is this smart?
4) Would it not have made more sense with an internal move - Garner to LG and Jerry to RT?

I don't usually second guess too much but these are obvious questions...but I'm sure we'll never get the answers!

I would have expected some type of change like this.

Back
Top Bottom