Dolphins Trade for McKinnie | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Trade for McKinnie

Max Starks is a FA and is 3 years younger. Bring him in while were at it.

Should have traded for Branden Albert in the spring.

What you all don't realize is this....apparently McKinnie has pull in the club scene, and he was brought in to ensure that Incognito doesn't get wrongly accused of punching anyone while partying. Instant upgrade in my opinion

Maybe the move wakes up the line somewhat to play better.

That is why Garner should have gone in earlier, but I digress.

Man, this move reeks of desperate. He doesn't even seem like a 'fit' as a player/person with everything they've tried to do since Philbin too over...

McKinnie should have retired after last season, for the sake of his reputation. Lots of players would have retired once they got that ring but McKinnie obviously isn't the sentimental type. Another party awaits, along with paychecks that may not rival their former level but you've really got to be inept to get run out of this league if you can pass block a lick.

McKinnie knows he won't have to threaten last season's energy level, the playoff push. I'm still not sure how that happened. You don't see too many personnel flukes but that qualifies. He was a wreck two years ago. The playoffs are supposed to expose your weaknesses, not eliminate them.

There was no chance it would repeat. I was surprised the Ravens allowed him back.

Somehow I don't expect a big renewed emphasis on running the ball, if Bryant McKinnie is our left tackle.

When we lost Mike Dee, that wasn't enough.

Who's gonna roll McKinnie off the field the first time he falls down?

snowplow_display_image_display_imagejpg1-1.jpg

i'd bet money that clabo is getting cut in the next 24 hrs...

Is B. Mac ready to play though? When is he "ready" in terms of the playbook? I was wondering the Monday night game vs. TB? It is not that far way. Short week next week, but longer prep time. I am not sure.

This is a desperation move and not a very good one. How many draft picks over the years have been spent on offensive lineman? We have to resort to signing a washed up player who ends up costing us two games . Then have to trade for another washed up player to replace the guy who was drafted in the 2nd round , who has been pretty bad himself. Then replace him with the other washed up guy and move him to a different position. When are we going to get someone who can actually draft decent offensive lineman (other than in the 1st round) like other teams do?

We could have had him for free last year. Now we give up a pick I guess. He is old, but I hope better than clabo. McKinney is a Dolphins fan at heart.

by the way if this isn't an admittance that your offensive tackles are the problem and not the qb not much else is...although that should be obvious

martin on the right and mckinnie at left...ehhh we'll see...don't expect mckinnie to get to any stretch run stuff

i'd bet money that clabo is getting cut in the next 24 hrs...

That would be interesting to watch. I imagine we keep him. He's cheap, on a one year deal, and can provide backup insurance. Obviously Garner or Yeatman have earned zero confidence in the staff.

Back
Top Bottom