Dolphins Trade for McKinnie | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Trade for McKinnie

if jon martin wasn't young and cheap i'd be cutting his ass too...he sucks also...although it may not show as much at right tackle...we may get by

Hoops whats your take on the F/A class at OT in 2014. I'm thinking both Brandon Albert and Eugene Monroe are going to get the franchise tag. If so who the hell is left? I also think if Miami continues this horrid pace they'll be picking in the top 10-15 again.

This is hilarious. We could have had McKinnie for free in the offseason. Now give up a pick for him when he isn't even performing much better.

Garner must be atrocious in practice.

This is a serious failure on Ireland's part. Just awful. Rolled he dice on the wrong guy, then trade for the other wrong guy. The only thing worse would have been trading for jake long, lol.

The coaches also get blame.

But hey, at least they are trying something!

Its ridiculous because it was evident week 1 that this wasn't going to work and they let it go until the beginning of week 7 when teams would want a kings ransom for anyone decent and so we end up with a dude that we should've gotten as a FA and all we would've lost was $$$ on a one year deal....now we lose $$$ AND a Draft pick...

**** John Martin, McKinnie to LT and Garner to RT. Clabo cut and Martin moved to backup were he belongs.

You know Garner sucks, right? He has been buried on the Dolphins bench for a reason for all these years.

clabos been a disaster...i'd rather lose and learn with some young guy with upside still than run with that hot garbage anymore...i don't see how it's any more trouble than what this unit has put on tape for 6 games now...

cut clabo now

For example?

These attitudes are all well and good when you have options. But right now as bad as Clabo is he's still better than other offensive linemen on the roster. Telling him to pack his bags does nothing, solves nothing.

It can get worse than it is right now. Relying on a 36 year old, fat ass, unmotivated Bryant McKinnie is one of those ways. The dude might last two games before he gets hurt.

Cutting Clabo would be nothing more or less than a temper tantrum.

There are 3 positives that come from acquiring McKinnie.

1. He's from the U
2. He's better than Clabo
3. If nothing else he's a long time pro-bowler to mentor Martin and Thomas.

There is distinct value in having an old dude who's been there before pull you aside and say "boy you are f'ing up. Here's how you fix it."

There are 3 positives that come from acquiring McKinnie.

1. He's from the U
2. He's better than Clabo
3. If nothing else he's a long time pro-bowler to mentor Martin and Thomas.

There is distinct value in having an old dude who's been there before pull you aside and say "boy you are f'ing up. Here's how you fix it."

i don't think McKinnie is the mentor type

Hoops whats your take on the F/A class at OT in 2014. I'm thinking both Brandon Albert and Eugene Monroe are going to get the franchise tag. If so who the hell is left? I also think if Miami continues this horrid pace they'll be picking in the top 10-15 again.

i think we have to look to the draft...monroe is not worth top 5 tackle money and who knows he may command it as a free agent...he's not that good to me...not really interested...yeatman may be ready next year i'd give him another camp to see...he's a rare physical talent...martin gets a camp also...i'd bring in 2 tackles to compete this offseason...one in the draft with a high damn pick that fits the scheme and one as a free agent...

i don't see paying the top ots as free agents top money...i'd be interested in doug free if he got out of dallas as a right tackle

Just heard the news as it's been a busy Monday for me....WQAM said it's for a 6th rounder? My question is why did we move up to draft an injured Dion Jordan, trade Jake Long, decide that J. Martin was capable of playing LT, after looking like a turnstyle last year, and then we pick up Crapbo to play RT and don't draft anyone to help our O-line. Sorry but this is on Ireland. He needs to go and so does Sherman.

i think we have to look to the draft...monroe is not worth top 5 tackle money and who knows he may command it as a free agent...he's not that good to me...not really interested...yeatman may be ready next year i'd give him another camp to see...he's a rare physical talent...martin gets a camp also...i'd bring in 2 tackles to compete this offseason...one in the draft with a high damn pick that fits the scheme and one as a free agent...

i don't see paying the top ots as free agents top money...i'd be interested in doug free if he got out of dallas as a right tackle

What do you think of Scaffold from the Rams?

Back
Top Bottom