Dolphins trading Ellerbe for WR Kenny Stills | Page 27 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins trading Ellerbe for WR Kenny Stills

I think the rotoworld report sums it up:

" Dolphins acquired WR Kenny Stills from the Saints in exchange for LB Dannell Ellerbe and a 2015 third-round pick.
We're not sure what the Saints are thinking here. Stills is a soon-to-be 23-year-old playmaker with two years left on his contract at minimum salary. It's a great get for the Dolphins, who were going to cut Ellerbe and his inflated salary anyway. Stills isn't just a deep threat, either; he was fourth in the league among receivers with his 78.8 percent catch rate last season. Acquiring Stills may mean the end is near for Mike Wallace in Miami."

Considering his age, fit, salary and skills, I'm not sure why the saints let him go. I thought losing a third would be huge until I realized stills is pretty much like grabbing the exact deep threat type wr we hoped mike wallace would be for a third rounder. And we don't have to wait two years for him to develop! Year already there and ready to start for us! I love it. wallace can stay or go now for all I care. If I had to bet I'd way he's a goner.

agreed.... but Stills still needs to come in and show himself... he needs to work and develop with us!!! lets get him going

i love this trade and move... Ellerbe perfect!!! it could be great for us, and confusing for NO who basically signed older Colston instead.

I think the rotoworld report sums it up:

" Dolphins acquired WR Kenny Stills from the Saints in exchange for LB Dannell Ellerbe and a 2015 third-round pick.
We're not sure what the Saints are thinking here. Stills is a soon-to-be 23-year-old playmaker with two years left on his contract at minimum salary. It's a great get for the Dolphins, who were going to cut Ellerbe and his inflated salary anyway. Stills isn't just a deep threat, either; he was fourth in the league among receivers with his 78.8 percent catch rate last season. Acquiring Stills may mean the end is near for Mike Wallace in Miami."

For all the Wallace lovers compare that stat to Wallace and you'll see why Wallace is the most overhyped Dolphin ever.

Wallace is the king of inefficient WRs. Time for him to go.

Considering his age, fit, salary and skills, I'm not sure why the saints let him go. I thought losing a third would be huge until I realized stills is pretty much like grabbing the exact deep threat type wr we hoped mike wallace would be for a third rounder. And we don't have to wait two years for him to develop! Year already there and ready to start for us! I love it. wallace can stay or go now for all I care. If I had to bet I'd way he's a goner.

Makes you wonder what's behind the curtain.

I love this trade. We can always trade down and recoup the third rounder. We got rid of Ellerbe, and I would have been happy just cutting him altogether. This removes his cap money. Stills is good at catching the ball in traffic. Wallace (for now), Landry and Stills.....you gotta love that. I think we can now focus on a defensive player at #14....I would try to trade down maybe to the early 20's and get another pick.

Yes man!! Let's get AP. This offense is a running back away. I'd like to get AP and then trade up to wherever to get Kevin White or Devante Parker, and we are SET.

AP would be mind blowing... then focus G, LB.......it would make everyones job so much easier especially Tannehill but I would not hold my breath....

Hey Mr Tannenbaum ...AP is visiting Tampa

I'd still keep Wallace personally. Wallace and Stills on the outside opens up the field a TON for Landry and Cameron...and hopefully Clay.

Love the trade....

We keep Wallace and we are a very dangerous team.

4.38 40yd time, 63 receptions and 931 yds in an offense that primarily featured Jimmy Graham and M. Colston

For

A hot pile of LB garbage and a 3rd round pick

Deal!

I have a feeling our 1st rounder is going to be a bit of a surprise.
I personally think it will be Gurley.

I have to admit....I am getting a funny feeling in my gut that they are trying to fill enough holes to draft a playmaking player....or maybe a pass rusher or corner.

If we somehow obtain Evan Mathis....it would not surprise me at all if they took Gordon or Gurley.

Love the trade....

We keep Wallace and we are a very dangerous team.

Agree, but as much as I like Tanny, he MUST work on his deep ball or having Stills and Wallace mean nothing. NFL defenses will eventually catch on and take the middle and underneath routes away.

I hope Stills is the kind of guy who will throw some stuff in a bag real quick and get out there with RT, Matthews and Landry.

Back
Top Bottom