" Dolphins’ up-tempo offense leave tight end Anthony Fasano down and out?" | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

" Dolphins’ up-tempo offense leave tight end Anthony Fasano down and out?"

Nobody is saying he'll put up the exact same #'s as Finley. However, Fasano's #'s would definitely increase given more opportunities. Just look at this YPC for cryin' out loud. You won't though because your argument is lazy.

Again, you're carrying on with this non-existent argument of people saying Fasano is Finley. He is not. Finley you can flex out wide. However Fasano still is able to consistently find soft spots in the intermediate/long areas of the secondary as well as run great routes, making great catches, and gaining a couple steps on LB's in this league who run 4.5-4.6's. Fasano is also one of the best blocking TE's in the NFL, something Finley cannot say.

They're two entirely different athletes.

you said its about ''opportunities" and i said that's horse ****...and it is

Last edited by a moderator:
you said its about ''opportunities" and i said that's horse ****...and it is

What is horse-sh**t about opportunities? Read the numbers ace. You're talking out of your backside if you think his #'s can't improve with more opportunities.

Even though some think of Fasano as a run blocking TE, he still finished 2011 with 451 yards and 2010 with 528 yards. Those numbers come in an offense where Miami often asked Fasano to be an extra blocker even on passing downs. Fasano may have ranked 23rd in receiving yards for TEs in 2011, but he was the only TE ranked in the top 25 to be targeted less than 50 times (42). Only four of the TEs ranked above him in receiving yards had a higher catch percentage (71.1%) than Fasano did as well. Even though he's not a TE to stretch the seam, only three of the TEs ranked ahead of him in yards had a higher YPC (14.1) than Fasano. Fasano also only had one dropped pass in 2011. All of this lends hope that Fasano can be an effective TE in 2012 if Miami wishes him to be more involved in the passing game.

http://www.thephinsider.com/2012/6/...ling-and-floor-player-analysis-anthony-fasano

What is horse-sh**t about opportunities? Read the numbers ace. You're talking out of your backside if you think his #'s can't improve with more opportunities.

are you smart enough to realize ace that you don't get many more opportunities unless you are a focal point of the offense...jermichael finley is a focal point of the offense...i guess you think miami just puts together crappy game plans thus fasano is not more used in the passing game...ha ha...you'd be wrong...he's not a big enough of a weapon and if they did do that the defense would pay attention and shut him down...the d tries to shut down jermichael finley he's just so damn good that he still gets his...

you put fasano in finleys place in that green bay o and dollars to donuts he doesn't produce anywhere near the same level doesn't command as much respect AND and this is the kicker in this stupid argument the pack is looking for a vertical more athletic seam threat te in the draft or elsewhere

are you smart enough to realize ace that you don't get many more opportunities unless you are a focal point of the offense...jermichael finley is a focal point of the offense...i guess you think miami just puts together crappy game plans thus fasano is not more used in the passing game...ha ha...you'd be wrong...he's not a big enough of a weapon and if they did do that the defense would pay attention and shut him down...the d tries to shut down jermichael finley he's just so damn good that he still gets his...

Finley is the main focal point of the offense? That's news to me with the likes of Greg Jennings and Jordy Nelson.

Those defenses you're talking about can't even shut Fasano down on his limited opportunities. Again, he's not asked to run as many routes as a Finley because the team needed him in other areas ..... keep denying this though. We all saw what a matador that O-line has been. To think it doesn't impact how we use Fasano is absurd.

"Sparano said Fasano's lack of targets isn't because the Dolphins don't trust him as a receiver. In fact, it's the opposite - the Dolphins trust him so much, they need to use him in other areas. This season Fasano has stayed in to block on about 20 percent of passing plays. Sparano also continually praises Fasano's run-blocking skills, and singled him out for making the block that sprung Bush on his 18-yard touchdown run. "He always came into this league, from the time that I've known him, of being a complete player," Sparano said. "Meaning, 'I'm going to block, I'm going to protect, I'm going to do all the dirty work and the things in the pass game that you need me to do.'"
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/s...ns-tight-end-anthony-fasanos-catches-a/nLzg4/

you put fasano in finleys place in that green bay o and dollars to donuts he doesn't produce anywhere near the same level doesn't command as much respect AND and this is the kicker in this stupid argument the pack is looking for a vertical more athletic seam threat te in the draft or elsewhere

That's because Fasano doesn't man all the same routes that Finley does. It's just like you wouldn't get anywhere near the blocking quality of Fasano if Finley was on the Dolphins and asked to block as much as he does.

Keep running your mouth though with this fictional argument that anyone is saying Fasano is Finley. All you do is take the argument into random tangents.

Fasano isn't a vertical passing threat like Gates, Finely etc...but he is a solid TE who doesn't get much respect for doing all the little things a TE is supposed to do for an offense. He blocks better than 90% of the TE's in the league, his drop percentage is always low, he routinely makes positive plays for the team be it first downs, tough catches over the middle or TD's.

Just remember Fasano had just as many TD's and a similar Y/A over the last two seasons as compared to our so called number 1 receiver we just sent packing to Chicago.

Finley is the main focal point of the offense? That's news to me with the likes of Greg Jennings and Jordy Nelson.

Those defenses you're talking about can't even shut Fasano down on his limited opportunities. Again, he's not asked to run as many routes as a Finley because the team needed him in other areas ..... keep denying this though. We all saw what a matador that O-line has been. To think it doesn't impact how we use Fasano is absurd.

"Sparano said Fasano's lack of targets isn't because the Dolphins don't trust him as a receiver. In fact, it's the opposite - the Dolphins trust him so much, they need to use him in other areas. This season Fasano has stayed in to block on about 20 percent of passing plays. Sparano also continually praises Fasano's run-blocking skills, and singled him out for making the block that sprung Bush on his 18-yard touchdown run. "He always came into this league, from the time that I've known him, of being a complete player," Sparano said. "Meaning, 'I'm going to block, I'm going to protect, I'm going to do all the dirty work and the things in the pass game that you need me to do.'"
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/s...ns-tight-end-anthony-fasanos-catches-a/nLzg4/

That's because Fasano doesn't man all the same routes that Finley does. It's just like you wouldn't get anywhere near the blocking quality of Fasano if Finley was on the Dolphins and asked to block as much as he does.

and now you're quoting sparano in your argument...ha ha too much...i heard a lot of hot air out of sparanos mouth when it came to the way guys were used etc when he was here but fasanos best place is primarily in line anyways so i think they got that one right for a change...and yeah before finley hurt his knee in 2010 he was the focal point of the o....

and seriously how much can you guys overrate fasano as an in line blocker anyways...sure he was solid but he got owned a plenty one on one in pass pro...if he was the end all be all of blocking tes maybe we could have gotten away with a few man up snaps in the steelers game a couple years ago without giving up 2 sacks to woodley in a nanosecond...that crap was a joke...never impeded him in the slightest...bad protection scheme sure but still if hes all world as a blocker hold him up for a tad maybe...

as for the routes fasano doesn't run the same routes cause he's not close to the same athlete not close to the same mismatch player...not close to the same weapon period...i feel like you're trolling me with this dumb stuff

i'm not gonna argue that they kept fasano in more than finley again totally different strengths players here but thats because we had the worst right tackle in football in colombo...and i knew that was goin down that way the moment we signed him...but that still doesn't add up to if we had better blocking up front and could send fasano out more and him catch more balls which in turn means teams pay him more attention that he could sniff finley as a pass receiving weapon...and to suggest such is garbage...if teams went into a game with a plan to shut fasano down he wouldn't do squat

and now you're quoting sparano in your argument...ha ha too much...i heard a lot of hot air out of sparanos mouth when it came to the way guys were used etc when he was here...and yeah before finley hurt his knee in 2010 he was the focal point of the o....

and seriously how much can you guys overrate fasano as an in line blocker anyways...sure he was solid but he got owned a plenty one on one in pass pro...if he was the end all be all of blocking tes maybe we could have gotten away with a few man up snaps in the steelers game a couple years ago without giving up 2 sacks to woodley in a nanosecond...that crap was a joke...never impeded him in the slightest...bad protection scheme sure but still if hes all world as a blocker hold him up for a tad maybe...

as for the routes fasano doesn't run the same routes cause he's not close to the same athlete not close to the same mismatch player...not close to the same weapon period...i feel like you're trolling me with this dumb stuff

Says the King Troll ..... Still walking around with a pitchfork and torch over this idea that anyone is saying Finley and Fasano are the same player. You're basically arguing with yourself. It's hilarious. I give you proof positive with stats all you can do is ridicule them for you own childish reasons .... and overrated as a blocker? LOL You get better with each post. :chuckle:

Says the King Troll ..... Still walking around with a pitchfork and torch over this idea that anyone is saying Finley and Fasano are the same player. You're basically arguing with yourself. It's hilarious. I give you proof positive with stats all you can do is ridicule them for you own childish reasons .... and overrated as a blocker? LOL You get better with each post. :chuckle:

i'll take that as you feel stupid for bringing any of that crap up...and you should...good day

You're making my mind numb with your analysis of active NFL players. Why would I want to subject myself to your college ones?

fair enough...

i get that if you go to fasano more the #'s go up thats common damn sense there buddy but you could never make him a focal part of your offense and expect to make hay consistently...the more you went to him the more likely the rest of your weapons on o blow for one and for two the more attention the d would pay him...and you got to really not know this game and not know what you're looking at and what a real weapon looks like if you think the opposition could not just shut down fasano whenever they want to...if they wanted to lock up fasano they could...but to date they never have not because he doesn't get enough use but because he's not a big enough threat to warrant more than primarily single coverage all over the field...you do the same thing with finley you get murdered...hell fasano can't even squeeze the safeties in cover 2...if he was a real seam threat or technician with his seam routes or whatever stuff you guys float the opposition would squeeze the middle of the field more...

he is what he is...primarily an in line player that you can float out underneath coverage and on some crossing type stuff and occasionally sneak down the seam when the d isn't looking...its not gonna change

that goes for you too crazy...bring it

Not once have I ever relied on a statistical analysis in any discussion with you. This is an incredibly close minded way to dismiss any opinion that goes against your own. And I'm not even sure what you're really even challenging people to. A mock draft-off or something? Tell you what, I'm never really posting in this forum, but I used to be into the coaching side of football and I'll see what I can do in regards to that. If my work schedule will allow it (the time to actually watch prospects... my work can take me away from everything so I can't make any promises)

I'll take you up on it it because why not, I feel like a lot of experts on here don't even know the basics in regard to player development/tools. But there are absolutely some who do, so maybe you're one of them.

Not once have I ever relied on a statistical analysis in any discussion with you. This is an incredibly close minded way to dismiss any opinion that goes against your own. And I'm not even sure what you're really even challenging people to. A mock draft-off or something? Tell you what, I'm never really posting in this forum, but I used to be into the coaching side of football and I'll see what I can do in regards to that. If my work schedule will allow it (the time to actually watch prospects) I'll take you on it it because why not, I feel like a lot of experts on here don't even know the basics in regard to player development/tools. But there are absolutely some who do, so maybe you're one of them.

i wasn't referring to you with the statistics bit...i only told you to bring it cause you said i didn't have the credentials for the "guru" badge...and i beg to differ...just that simple

i haven't read/seen enough of your posts yet to know your knowledge of the game...

Fasano is a big target.... Anyone else ever think about sitting him down in a hole and moving the sticks.
Or going back to using him in the middle of the football field.

things are getting chippy and i like it :lol: but c'mon guys lets not get carried away with this Fasano stuff, he was the beneficiary of B Marsh most def.

The primary difference between how Finley was used in Green Bay and how Fasano was used in Miami, especially on those catches I showed in the video, was the Finley could be split out wide like a wide receiver and thrown either the fade or the back shoulder route. That's pretty much it, running the same routes up the seam that I showed in the video except perhaps a minor difference in spacing at the snap. I don't know that I remember Finley getting much in the way of screen action, I think that's been more of an Andrew Quarless role. Finley was only thrown the ball twice behind the line of scrimmage.

Fasano will never take Finley's full role because I don't know that you ever really want him split out wide to the perimeter as an X or Z and running fade routes or back shoulder plays, slants, etc. I think that's what Egnew and Clay will more likely be doing.

Back
Top Bottom