Dolphins Update: Team trying to Lure Carroll | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Update: Team trying to Lure Carroll

ck is right. carroll is and always has been an nfl guy, and certainly much more than saban ever was.

i'm not as opposed to carroll as others.

too many people on here scream and holler about getting an nfl assistant (which both carroll and saban were, btw) like they're some kind of automatic slam dunk.

for every mangini and payton there's norv turner and dave wannstadt and ray rhodes and chan gailey and jim haslett and gregg williams and mike martz and dom capers and mike sherman and mike mularkey and dave mcginnis and dick lebeau. . .

the list goes on.

I have no assumptions that an assistant would be a slam dunk, but I think its safer than a college guy, whom i am going to keep calling Pete. There is good and bad around every turn, this is no different. But I think our best shot at revitalization lies in the coordinator path.

If you dont want Carroll, then dont want him because of his coaching ability. You can't sit there and say that you dont want him because your afraid of what Saban did to this franchise.

That is like saying well my girl cheated on me, I guess I'm going to have to become a monk because I can't ever trust another girl.

We can't limit our search of coach's to just guys in the pro's because Nick sold this team out. I dont know that Carroll is the right pick and this post isn't even about wanting him to coach this team. I just dont think we can cut out every college coach because Saban screwed us.

"Capers was on vacation in Jacksonville" I live in Jax. Who the hell would vacation here!!

Pete is probably my 3rd or 4th choice down the line. I don't think he got a fair shake in NY and was ousted quickly in NE. I just get the feeling he's a "college" guy.

Caroll wouldn't be a bad choice IMO but someone younger would be great. I would love to get someone that turns the franchise around and is able to seei tthrough for a long time. I would love nothing more than to have a 15 to 20 year head coach although that is not too likely in the NFL these days.

Back
Top Bottom