Dolphins Update: Team trying to Lure Carroll | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Update: Team trying to Lure Carroll

If Huizenga hires Carroll, I will lead the campaign to convince him to sell the team. Honestly. I will dedicate my life to convincing Wayne Huizenga to sell the team to anyone with enough money and a semi-clue. It's bad enough there is no football mind in place that has any say in this hiring (and I've heard nothing that makes me think Mueller has ANY say at all). But if he goes and hires yet another college coach- this one with prior failings- failings PLURAL- on the NFL level- I will denounce him as the owner of my football team. He will be dead to me. I will dedicate my free time to making him sell our beloved franchise.

THANK YOU!!!

dear god i hope not or this team will never improve.

All this speculation about Carroll is frustrating the hell out of me. Why are we even considering this guy? I am 100% against this move. Lets get the message to Huizenga that if he hires Carroll we boycott the team. I`m disgusted just thinking about it. I absolutely cannot stand this guy.

I agree. If WH hires this guy after what he went through with Saban and after Carroll's lack of success in the NFL, then WH is an idiot.
He deserves whatever failures await this team and he deserves to see season tix renewals decline.
It seems that WH tries to make a big name hire every time, perhaps hoping it will boost ticket sales.
An intelligent man will study each candidate carefully and will sometimes trust his instincts and pick a relatively unkown up and comer. That's what Fisher and Cowher once were.
Picking the guy with name recognition is the easy way out and doesn't require much thought. It would confirm that WH has no idea how to run his team.

Pete Carroll

makes me want Jim Moran somehow

:barf:

If Carroll becomes our head coach, I am not re-newing my season tix for the first time since I was about 4-5 years old. I'd still be a fan because I'm loyal, but I wouldn't support this organization AT ALL financially to pay that P.O.S.

I also think that hiring Pete Carroll would be a HUGE mistake. The guy already showed he couldn't get it done with the Jets or the Patriots. Plus, he's a punk. I'll never forget his "choke" gesture to P-Stoy in 1992. SAY NO TO CARROLL!!!!

I agree. If WH hires this guy after what he went through with Saban and after Carroll's lack of success in the NFL, then WH is an idiot.
He deserves whatever failures await this team and he deserves to see season tix renewals decline.
It seems that WH tries to make a big name hire every time, perhaps hoping it will boost ticket sales.
An intelligent man will study each candidate carefully and will sometimes trust his instincts and pick a relatively unkown up and comer. That's what Fisher and Cowher once were.
Picking the guy with name recognition is the easy way out and doesn't require much thought. It would confirm that WH has no idea how to run his team.

Spot on. If Huizenga understood his fans, he'd know that we don't care about a big name. We care about getting the RIGHT GUY. If the RIGHT GUY has a big name- then fine. But if his name is Mike Tomlin of Ken Whisenhunt- that's fine too. I don't care. We don't care. And as far as that big name goes- HUIZNEGA SHOULDN'T CARE. If he wants to win as badly as all of us, he should only care about what WE care about- getting (DRUMROLL PLEASE)... THE RIGHT GUY!! All I care about is winning a ****ing Super Bowl. That's IT. That's ALL. Hell, it's only been 34 ****ing years. :fire:

Puke. Man, it seems like Huizenga is just determined to repeat the same mistakes over and over again. I don't even care about it being a college coach-I just don't want it to be Pete Carroll. Wayne just seems so bent on the "hire one guy who does it all" approach. I am not at all sold on Carroll's coaching ability, let alone how proficient he would be at personnel decisions and such.

Wayne needs to be trying to hire a strong GM and THEN getting a coach. The cart is being put before the horse, and sadly, it is nothing new.

WAYYYNNNNEEE NOOOOO!!

God, please help us. No Carroll. Let him sing christmas songs in LA, but not here.

All this speculation about Carroll is frustrating the hell out of me. Why are we even considering this guy? I am 100% against this move. Lets get the message to Huizenga that if he hires Carroll we boycott the team. I`m disgusted just thinking about it. I absolutely cannot stand this guy.

I agree whole heartedly! This guy would be an unmitigated disaster! He is a two time AFC EAST LOSER! He is a punk. A college success and pro-football LOSER! If Wayne hires this guy I will have to end my subscription to the NFL package and put my entire NFL fanship into the deep 6 until he passes.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE NO NO NO!

Good lord. I get the feeling that for every candidate, unless nobody's ever heard of him, there'll be 15 posters claiming it would be the end of the world if we hired him.

Pete Carroll is a freaking fantastic X's and O's guy, known as a player's coach, and his time in NE was marked by a period of New England's worst personnel moves in the history of the franchise, led by their personnel guy Bobby Grier, who quite possibly is the worst draft picker I've ever seen...ever.

Bobby Grier is the entire reason why Pete Carroll won't even go back into the NFL unless he has full control. It isn't because he thinks he can do everything himself, it's because he doesn't want some jack@ss ruining his chances at being a good head coach the way Bobby Grier did in New England.

You want to get a laugh? Go look at New England's drafts in 1997, 1998, and 1999.

I guess New England made a horrible mistake hiring Bill Belichick, seeing how he was already a proven failure as a head coach in Cleveland. I guess the Broncos made a horrible mistake hiring Shanahan, seeing as how he was already a proven failure in Oakland.

Good lord. I get the feeling that for every candidate, unless nobody's ever heard of him, there'll be 15 posters claiming it would be the end of the world if we hired him.

Pete Carroll is a freaking fantastic X's and O's guy, known as a player's coach, and his time in NE was marked by a period of New England's worst personnel moves in the history of the franchise, led by their personnel guy Bobby Grier, who quite possibly is the worst draft picker I've ever seen...ever.

Bobby Grier is the entire reason why Pete Carroll won't even go back into the NFL unless he has full control. It isn't because he thinks he can do everything himself, it's because he doesn't want some jack@ss ruining his chances at being a good head coach the way Bobby Grier did in New England.

You want to get a laugh? Go look at New England's drafts in 1997, 1998, and 1999.

I guess New England made a horrible mistake hiring Bill Belichick, seeing how he was already a proven failure as a head coach in Cleveland. I guess the Broncos made a horrible mistake hiring Shanahan, seeing as how he was already a proven failure in Oakland.

I know you probably know more about this type of stuff than anyone else here (not being sarcastic), so I've got a question for you.. who do you think Carroll would bring in as his OC & DC, unless he keeps Mularkey & Capers? And do you think Mueller/Carroll or Pioli/Carroll would work?

LOL, Andy Katzenmoyer and Chris Canty.

Back
Top Bottom