Dolphins vs Patriots...based on Giants-NE game. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins vs Patriots...based on Giants-NE game.

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Reaction score
Well the news isn't that good. The Giants run a passing offense that is very similar to what Norv Turner is trying to have this year with Randy Mac and the rest of our guys. The major difference of course, is Ricky Williams.

But I'll say this, hopefully we can run it straight up the gut because its gonna be HARD to run on the edges against these guys. Even that will be hard, because the Patriots like to blitz off the edge and will catch Ricky in the backfield some....where he usually puts on a nice spin move to get out but sometimes he wont be able to get away.

Weird thing is with Lawyer Milloy and Rodney Harrison, nobody is gonna want to pass the ball deep in the middle. Fortunately for us, passing the ball deep in the middle isn't exactly our specialty.

But on the other hand, with both Milloy and Harrison always cheating toward the line of scrimmage, and both a step or two slower than Tebucky Jones, if we can beat off the 3-4 blitzes and coverage schemes, a play-action deep down the sidelines to Chambers SHOULD pay dividends.

Also the other place the Pats appear to be soft is over the middle short, because their linebackers constantly vacate the area.

But either way the news doesn't look good overall cuz the Giants offense was largely stifled under severe pressure from Belichick's 3-4 defense.

Colvin looks as good as advertised. Wonderful rusher, horrible in pass coverage.

And Richard Seymour, is a BEAST. I dont know about Ty Warren, he could be a year or so away from making a good impact, but Richard Seymour as a defensive end in the 3-4 is just SCARY. Belichick keeps reverting a 4 man rush that consists of 3 linebackers and one DLman and guess who the DLman is...Richard Seymour. And guess which guy is always gettin into the QBs face? Richard Seymour. On one play they used Colvin and Seymour together bunched up on one side, Colvin rushed to the lineman that was blocking Seymour, pushed him out of Seymour's way, and Seymour had such incredibly quick acceleration off the OL he ran right in and grabbed a sack. It was good coverage but its not like Collins sat there forever. He only had a few seconds before being pummeled.

And Belichick knows how to get those linebackers into the backfield too. Colvin got a little pressure, but Teddy Bruschi collected a sack.

On offense pretty much same old same old. Brady is still the cream of the AFC East along with Pennington. followed closely by Bledsoe and then Fiedler. RB situation still iffy. Daniel Graham looks a little better but still nothing special. Troy Brown as always looks good.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Well the news isn't that good. The Giants run a passing offense that is very similar to what Norv Turner is trying to have this year with Randy Mac and the rest of our guys. The major difference of course, is Ricky Williams.

But I'll say this, hopefully we can run it straight up the gut because its gonna be HARD to run on the edges against these guys. Even that will be hard, because the Patriots like to blitz off the edge and will catch Ricky in the backfield some....where he usually puts on a nice spin move to get out but sometimes he wont be able to get away.

Weird thing is with Lawyer Milloy and Rodney Harrison, nobody is gonna want to pass the ball deep in the middle. Fortunately for us, passing the ball deep in the middle isn't exactly our specialty.

But on the other hand, with both Milloy and Harrison always cheating toward the line of scrimmage, and both a step or two slower than Tebucky Jones, if we can beat off the 3-4 blitzes and coverage schemes, a play-action deep down the sidelines to Chambers SHOULD pay dividends.

Also the other place the Pats appear to be soft is over the middle short, because their linebackers constantly vacate the area.

But either way the news doesn't look good overall cuz the Giants offense was largely stifled under severe pressure from Belichick's 3-4 defense.

Colvin looks as good as advertised. Wonderful rusher, horrible in pass coverage.

And Richard Seymour, is a BEAST. I dont know about Ty Warren, he could be a year or so away from making a good impact, but Richard Seymour as a defensive end in the 3-4 is just SCARY. Belichick keeps reverting a 4 man rush that consists of 3 linebackers and one DLman and guess who the DLman is...Richard Seymour. And guess which guy is always gettin into the QBs face? Richard Seymour. On one play they used Colvin and Seymour together bunched up on one side, Colvin rushed to the lineman that was blocking Seymour, pushed him out of Seymour's way, and Seymour had such incredibly quick acceleration off the OL he ran right in and grabbed a sack. It was good coverage but its not like Collins sat there forever. He only had a few seconds before being pummeled.

And Belichick knows how to get those linebackers into the backfield too. Colvin got a little pressure, but Teddy Bruschi collected a sack.

On offense pretty much same old same old. Brady is still the cream of the AFC East along with Pennington. followed closely by Bledsoe and then Fiedler. RB situation still iffy. Daniel Graham looks a little better but still nothing special. Troy Brown as always looks good.

Well I doubt the Giants had more than 2 running plays and 3 passing plays that they used all night. Pre-season means nothing.

Oliver...

Preseason doesn't mean nothing. If preseason meant nothing then coaches wouldn't allow their teams to play four of them. You think coaches like risking the bodies of their players in games that dont count toward the Super Bowl? You think that they are making a bunch of money on the gate with these games compared to the cost of putting on a game at the stadium?

Preseason means something alright. It means a whole lot more than anyone gives credit for. The only thing that is insignificant, is the final score...so long as you know what you are looking at.

Yeah the Pats defense worries me, but I think we can succeed. Their offense doesn't bother me a bit. Our defense will dominate thier offense, as long as our offense can put up 14 points, I am sure we can win the games.

I think our offense is more potent than their offence, I also think our D is superior to there D they have great Linebackers but our Secondary is just plain scary add to that JT and Wally rushing the QB and I see Tom Brady eating alot of grass and there D getting Tired of always being on the field.. Miami 21 Pats 10!!!!!!!!!!! WOohoo... go Canadian psychic Boy! go... (someone has to cheer me on)!

Wooo! :lol: Yeah I think we win it but we do not score alot againts the Patsies.

I was trying to figure out...

how to post my thoughts about the NE game and make it Dolphin related and CK you couldn't have said it better. NE looks down right scary. Their Defensive line is completely dominating Gaints OL. and forget about the pre-season doesn't count garbage. This was their forst team against NYG first team and they completely disrupted everything the NYG tried to do offensively.

I hope Nails is a 100% and our line is intact for the NE game. Cause it's gonna be brutal

Preseason doesn't mean nothing. If preseason meant nothing then coaches wouldn't allow their teams to play four of them. You think coaches like risking the bodies of their players in games that dont count toward the Super Bowl? You think that they are making a bunch of money on the gate with these games compared to the cost of putting on a game at the stadium?

Preseason means something alright. It means a whole lot more than anyone gives credit for. The only thing that is insignificant, is the final score...so long as you know what you are looking at.

It doesn't mean a thing, when there is a game plan in place like the 3rd pre-season game then I'll take these games seriously.

Day to day practices at this point mean a heck of alot more than a pre-season game. It may mean something to a bubble player or the 3rd string long snapper, but outside of that it's a day off for most of these players.

Oliver...

You guys see that Punt Return by Ward? How come he couldn't do that when we had him?

Well, here's what I thought. The Giants have some real OLine problems. They lost two starters and replaced them with a couple of guys who looked absolutely lost out there especially that right tackle.

Notwithstanding that, I think New England looks pretty good. Brady looks like he has command of the offense, but their running game is still going to be suspect. I think they are best when they know you are passing and can blitz off the edges, but are probably still vunerable to runs especially when they are inside traps or misdirections.

Well it wasn't the NE defensive line, it was the linebackers. Belichick was literally rushing 3 LBs and one DL...the DL being Richard Seymour.

The Patriots lack quality defensive linemen. Seymour is there and he's awesome. Ty Warren is there. But who is the NT? Ty Warren is looking ok, but Dan Klecko is looking like a BEAST.

Toss it up to Bill Belichick, he's taking this defensive lineman Klecko and he's turned him into a 290 lbs LINEBACKER from rush end and the guy is just dominating the 2nd teamers.

Pats had a darn good draft. Eugene Wilson looks good at man coverage, Asante Samuel the 4th round corner looks like he can make plays. Ty Warren, not sure how he'll do vs starters but he did grab a sack in Richard Seymour's role during the second half. And Dan Klecko is a player man. Not convinced that Bethel Johnson is anything but fast. And the Patriots redzone offense, still not very good.

Their running game looks HORRIBLE..

It doesn't mean a thing, when there is a game plan in place like the 3rd pre-season game then I'll take these games seriously.

Day to day practices at this point mean a heck of alot more than a pre-season game. It may mean something to a bubble player or the 3rd string long snapper, but outside of that it's a day off for most of these players.

Oliver...

Whatever man think what you will, its your opinion you're entitled. I'm satisfied knowing you're wrong.

Whatever man think what you will, its your opinion you're entitled. I'm satisfied knowing you're wrong.

If you say so CK. I'm not sure where I'm wrong, but OK. :D

Oliver...

Originally posted by Oliver

Oliver...

No, they don't really mean anything. The Vikings were the only team in the NFL in 2001 to win all of their preseason games and finished the season 5-11.

Back
Top Bottom