Dolphins Waiver Claims/Signings/Practice Squad | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Waiver Claims/Signings/Practice Squad

Andrew Abramson ‏@AbramsonPBP
Teams can put one player a season on short-term IR list. Ajayi can't practice with #Dolphins until 6 weeks after injury occurred.

I really like Logan Thomas, he's just the kind of backup we need, a mobile strong armed beast. I think he offers a lot of upside compared to Moore, plus I think we all agree that if Thill goes down for any long term were screwed. But I hope Lazor can coach him up for the future

2 point play. Wildcat 2.0 maybe ?

Logan is a big cat who excelled at the QB sneak and has a strong arm to boot.

Still think his value is on the scout team memicing opposing QB's

At this point why not Thomas over Moore I guess... Sucks Ajayi can't practice 6 weeks too

That sucks. I want to see him play with the 1s so this sets that back of course but at this point having a healthy Alberts is more important than having Ajayi healthy

Ozzy rules!!

Logan Thomas signing is bizarre. Getting Ajayi back even a week or two earlier, plus having that short term IR in your back pocket is much more valuable than having Logan Thomas as your third stringer,

Logan was the worst QB of his class statistically, and usually athletic QBs get a boost in passer rating for whatever reason. So to have a bad passer rating as an athletic QB means you are really bad. On top of that the Cardinals had hot garbage at QB for the playoff game and chose that garbage over Thomas. He does have huge hands though.

Moves like this and the Sanchez extension really makes me question Tannenbaum as the self proclaimed analytics guru.

I trust michael thomas to be in position more...i dont trust him to be a solid overall every day starting safety option though...i think hes more ideal as a package play

Upside wise over the long term i think thats aikens...but if hes out of position a lot or trying to cut downhill runners and not getting them down or falling off as the last line of defense i think miami may yank him

You got to be a sure tackler at safety...

Alden Darby is the only developmental guy out there I like. Im hoping they try Bowman at FS, he would suit the position and we're scary shallow there.

Unless they think ajayi needs 6 weeks to heal BEFORE he can even practice im not much of a fan of this move...especially for a developmental qb that doesnt much fit the offense

Oh well

Logan thomas would have been fine for the ps but the 53? Yikes

I don't get a 3rd QB. he won't play and we lose a spot

Hal Habib ‏@gunnerhal · 4m4 minutes ago
What stinks for Jay Ajayi, from London, is missing game at Wembley.

Too bad we can't play a University of Miami defense every week. Logan Thomas would look like an all-pro. UM always made him look like a better QB than he really is. He does have ALL the physical tools though. I have to think this is an attempt to find a guy to replace Moore as the backup next year.

Back
Top Bottom