Dolphins Waiver Claims/Signings/Practice Squad | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Waiver Claims/Signings/Practice Squad

Dolphins should take him with them when they go over even though he won't be playing.

Too bad we can't play a University of Miami defense every week. Logan Thomas would look like an all-pro. UM always made him look like a better QB than he really is. He does have ALL the physical tools though. I have to think this is an attempt to find a guy to replace Moore as the backup next year.

That's why I like the pick up. He killed my team every time we played. No one could tackle him on those QB keepers.

We should sign a RB to the practice squad if we are only carrying 3 on the 53 for the first half of the year. You want somebody ready to go who knows your system. I suppose we could always poach Gillislee off Atlanta's PS if we are short of bodies due to injuries.

Greg Likens ‏@GregLikens 12s13 seconds ago
Hickey says #Dolphins have signed Hull, Stoneburner, Brenner, Semisch, MBT, Aundrey Walker, Deandre Coleman & Ced Thompson to practice squad

4 qb's????

That's why I like the pick up. He killed my team every time we played. No one could tackle him on those QB keepers.

The potential is there, but like Hoops said, he struggles with the mental side of the game. I'm a UM fan too. I think he did all of his good work against us.

Logan Thomas signing is bizarre. Getting Ajayi back even a week or two earlier, plus having that short term IR in your back pocket is much more valuable than having Logan Thomas as your third stringer,

Logan was the worst QB of his class statistically, and usually athletic QBs get a boost in passer rating for whatever reason. So to have a bad passer rating as an athletic QB means you are really bad. On top of that the Cardinals had hot garbage at QB for the playoff game and chose that garbage over Thomas. He does have huge hands though.

Moves like this and the Sanchez extension really makes me question Tannenbaum as the self proclaimed analytics guru.

I hear ya, but...

We are committed to the read option AND in serious need of a young top shelf athlete to develop behind Ryan @QB.

In addition, contingent on the creativity of our offensive coaching staff (predominately Lazor with an assist by Philbin), I think we could utilize a dude like Thomas in certain situational opportunities while at the same time limiting contact for Ryan.

Perhaps and consider -- certain short yardage packages are the first that come to mind.

Key point is -- we have an athlete behind Ryan that can potentially add more luft to the greater circumference of our offensive balloon AND create additional complexities and contingencies for the competing defense to address.

Either that, or he looks JUST AS GOOD as Moore holding a clipboard.

My opinion. Of course.

BNF.

Hal Habib ‏@gunnerhal 1m1 minute ago
Hickey: We tracked Logan Thomas in draft prep last year. Like skill set, size, arm, talent. Saw progress from Year 1 to Year 2.

---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

Hal Habib ‏@gunnerhal 18s19 seconds ago
Hickey on Franks: We feel like NFL quality leg, like way he approaches game and what he did in preseason games and practice.

Greg Likens ‏@GregLikens 2m2 minutes ago
Hickey on Logan Thomas: Like the skill-set, size, arm strength, development last season. Anxious to get him to learn from our coaches

Logan thomas would have been fine for the ps but the 53? Yikes

I'd rather put our time and reps into a player with once in a lifetime atthletism than scrubs like Devlin and Moore.

Green Bay is doing the same thing with Brett Hundley, he looked great in Pre season. It's stupid to waste time on QBs with no upside, who would be lucky to 1/3 of the games they start it.

Greg Likens ‏@GregLikens 8s8 seconds ago
Hickey on 6 WRs: We liked what Hazel brought to the table. Made great growth. Showed up every preseason game & made plays #Dolphins

Hal Habib ‏@gunnerhal 2m2 minutes ago
Hickey: Liked kickoffs as well as FG performance.

Greg Likens ‏@GregLikens 6s6 seconds ago
Hickey on 2 TEs: Great confidence in Cameron & Sims. Like our young TEs on practice squad, Stoneburner & Semisch #Dolphins

Hal Habib ‏@gunnerhal 15s16 seconds ago
Hickey on Will Davis' 2 INTs vs. TB: Obviously, he did play well. We based it on body of work, like way he finished off strong.

Greg Likens ‏@GregLikens 14s14 seconds ago
Hickey says Will Davis coming back from injury played a role in keeping him. Like his athleticism & play-making ability. Finished strong

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

Hal Habib ‏@gunnerhal 18s19 seconds ago
Hickey, on using short-term IR: Obviously those are tough decisions. As we went through it, it was best move for Miami Dolphins & player.

Greg Likens ‏@GregLikens 7s8 seconds ago
Hickey on Parker: Credit to medical staff & DeVante. Great to get his feet wet in game situation. Young player, like where he is talent-wise

David Dwork ‏@DavidDwork 15s16 seconds ago
#NFL practice squads can have 10 players. #Dolphins have 8 confirmed and GM Dennis Hickey says team is still working to finalize the rest.

Hal Habib ‏@gunnerhal 7s8 seconds ago
Hickey on 23 offense, 27 defense: Definitely was considered.

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

Greg Likens ‏@GregLikens 14s14 seconds ago
Hickey says that after 6 wks, Ajayi can return to practice. After 8 wks, he can play in games. See no issue in him being ready at that time

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley 21s22 seconds ago
Hickey said that Ajayi should be ready to play after eight weeks. Said that Albert playing in Week 1 is a "coach's decision."

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

Alain Poupart ‏@apoupartFins 6s7 seconds ago
Hickey on 7 CBs: Felt like those guys earned it.

Greg Likens ‏@GregLikens 28s28 seconds ago
Hickey says that Branden Albert's availability vs. Washington will be a coach's decision with assistance from the medical staff #Dolphins

---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

COP-AktWIAAE7Dp.jpg

With four quarterbacks on the team, they must be trying to send Moore a message.

With four quarterbacks on the team, they must be trying to send Moore a message.

Well one is on practice squad most likely as an extra arm.

And one is a high upside project, my bet is they want Thomas to take over the backup job by next season.

Logan Thomas signing is bizarre. Getting Ajayi back even a week or two earlier, plus having that short term IR in your back pocket is much more valuable than having Logan Thomas as your third stringer,

Logan was the worst QB of his class statistically, and usually athletic QBs get a boost in passer rating for whatever reason. So to have a bad passer rating as an athletic QB means you are really bad. On top of that the Cardinals had hot garbage at QB for the playoff game and chose that garbage over Thomas. He does have huge hands though.

Moves like this and the Sanchez extension really makes me question Tannenbaum as the self proclaimed analytics guru.

Listen...I can agree mostly on your points. I am not a big Logan Thomas guy..really did not like him coming out of college. Just his demeanor and his style of play. I would not have given him a position on the 53. I dont like putting Ajayi on IR for half the season....especially with him not being able to practice. Two valid pointe YET with that being said...

1) Logan Thomas is the 3rd string QB. We claimed him off of waivers...did not give up a draft pick and gives him some time to develop
2) Ajayi right now was the 3rd string RB and even if he would have dressed early in the season, would have been nursing that rib and taking a chance of getting hurt again

As for comparing the Extension of Sanchez, who went to 2 AFC Title games and was CLEARLY the starter, to the signing and evaluating of Logan Thomas, 3rd stringer is way off. You evaluate and sign guys based on your needs. We needed a 3rd QB, they see him as one. I do not think they view him as a future star...just an intriguing player. I dont see it but someone does

Back
Top Bottom