Dolphins Waiver Claims/Signings/Practice Squad | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Waiver Claims/Signings/Practice Squad

I could see thomas a developmental tight end but i think hes here as a developmental qb...terrific physical tools lots of upside big arm...but cant read a defense pre or post snap to save his life

And i doubt that ever changes

You might sign a guy to try and change his position during the off season, but you don't have the time to transition a player from qb to te in the regular season. If Logan stays on the roster it will be as a qb. They could claim him today take a look at him for a week or so and then release him.

Aaron Wilson ‏@AaronWilson_NFL 19s19 seconds ago
Mike Gillislee to Falcons practice squad, per a source

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley 14s15 seconds ago Fort Lauderdale, FL
So if the Dolphins did indeed sign Semisch and Stoneburner to their practice squad, they can get away with just two tight ends on 53.

I guess you can't look at it as keeping a player like Hazel on the active roster instead of one of two fringe TE's.

Let the falcons have him gilly sucks

Enjoy your joe mcknight at rb atl

You might sign a guy to try and change his position during the off season, but you don't have the time to transition a player from qb to te in the regular season. If Logan stays on the roster it will be as a qb. They could claim him today take a look at him for a week or so and then release him.

Whatever happens we have a glaring need for a young ATHLETIC QB to develop behind Thill and also potentially come in situationally and run pig real hard outta the read option (with a simple option to throw).

This dude looks like he's big and strong and capable of filling a slot need as well as some legit developmental upside.

Definitely in the direction we need to go.

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

Aaron Wilson ‏@AaronWilson_NFL 19s19 seconds ago
Mike Gillislee to Falcons practice squad, per a source

Good for him.

They had to cut two to make room for Logan and Hubbard. No news who got cut yet?

I think at this point its a waiver claim right? not a guy who cleared waivers and is able to sign on the practice squad. 2 very separate things

Yeah you can't force players on to your practice squad. If he was claimed he has to be a part of the 53.

Except we need a #3 TE and Logan could be designated for that role.

I was wondering about that myself. He could be a short yardage option QB and be transitioned to a TE. They guy is a freak of an athlete.

Yes but if someone gets dinged up during the game there goes the two tightend sets.

For that game correct...miami will just go 11 personnel in that event for the rest of the game

Only thing you dont want to do is call across the formation post snap pa protection pick ups vs des or olbs with cameron if sims gets dinged up in game...that wont be pretty

I could see thomas a developmental tight end but i think hes here as a developmental qb...terrific physical tools lots of upside big arm...but cant read a defense pre or post snap to save his life

And i doubt that ever changes

I think there's a good chance that you're right about him not developing his ability to read the D, but you never know. More realistically, as one of the backups, Miami can put in zone/read packages for Thomas to supplement Moore - if Tannehill were to suffer an injury. Obviously, the zone/read concepts fit very well into a running game modeled after Chip Kelly's system.

For that game correct...miami will just go 11 personnel in that event for the rest of the game

Only thing you dont want to do is call across the formation post snap pa protection pick ups vs des or olbs with cameron if sims gets dinged up in game...that wont be pretty

It's not pretty now with Sims. They need to take that stupid play out of the play book. Sims gave up a sack during the season last year cause he was late and he did the same thing in the preseason.

He was recruited to VT as a TE and Zona even told him he was a TE.

Seriously doubt this is to develop as a QB.

He was the #1 TE prospect coming out of HS in one publication and #3 by Scout,com...so yeah, I think this is exactly where Miami is going with it.

It's not pretty now with Sims. They need to take that stupid play out of the play book. Sims gave up a sack during the season last year cause he was late and he did the same thing in the preseason.

I agree against 43 des especially but misdirection pa is a big part of what we do in lazors offense and so i doubt its going anywhere...tannehill also this year needs to understand when the call comes in that the front side will be suspect out if his pa drop vs a 43 de and climb forward immediately to help out sims...

Main thing sims cant do if tanny does that is give away the inside...if the rusher has to go around sims on the outside we should be fine provided tanny doesnt turn into a statue going thru progressions

Qb in year 2 of the o needs to show awareness and where the potential holes relative to the opposition are in any play call that comes in

Back
Top Bottom