Dolphins wanted Wirfs & Ruiz | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins wanted Wirfs & Ruiz

Like others have said SF didnt want to lose out on Kinlaw falling in their laps after trading Buckner. Falling back to 18 would have been a risky play for them so unless Miami offered a price all of us would have been pissed about they did the right thing. And the Saints choice makes no sense to me. they just PAID their LG they have McCoy who was a very good C last year and their RG was top half of the league. SOOOO where does Ruiz play? They were the linchpin, most everyone thought they would go a different direction they didnt so Miami adjusted traded back got another pick and the #3 rated CB (not making it up check out someone other then Mel Kiper who btw never has a day of playing or scouting for a FO) and people are stilllll bitching.

Well to be fair they know who everyone is taking like weeks beforehand right...whats that??...They DONT :eek: oh well I mean then you are just a bitter fan who thinks they know best...hmmm interesting.

Why do so many people want this? He fits in our cap fine. If you have every played sports elite players feed off elite players. Our corners might be almost impossible to pass against. Then you look at our Edge rushers we got in free agency. They don’t get sacks very often, but they stuff the run like animals. That is a 2 pronged attack. I was crushed though when Ruiz got drafted way higher than I thought he would just in front of us. My gut tells me the Dolphins were eyeing him and were blindsided by that pick as well.

I think it's based on Howards attitude, his legal stuff even though it was dropped or dismissed. He just doesn't strike me as Flores type guy. I question Howards work ethic now that he has been paid. Since he has been paid we really haven't seen him play at a high level much. And I also just didn't expect us to pursue Byron Jones so agressivley if Flores really liked Howard. We have a lot of money tied up at CB now. And now we spend a 1st on another CB. I just wouldn't be surprised if Howard is traded. I would try to get something out of him now, I feel like it's not going to end well for him here. Just his personality, great player but I do wonder how X and Flores get along.

Sometimes it seems like fans think the draft works like it does in Madden. I’m sure we wanted Wirfs. SF got a 4th round pick from TB and the guy they wanted. Nothing we could offer them would keep Kinlaw on the table until 18. NO picking a C at 26 when they already have McCoy was unexpected. Ruiz is a reach in the 1st as a G prospect.

So you heard they swung for the fences for Tua despite getting him at 5 but you don't know if they made any other attempts?

You understand my point
Taking a risk for the injured "it" qb but congratulating yourself after that

Obviously I cant know what did happen but I was posting trade up prior to us getting snipped for Ruuz then Wirfs
With all that capital make some damn aggressive moves

Trade up today big time we don’t need 12 more guys or however many picks we have left

I bet If we could go back and do it again, we would take Ruiz at 18 and then a tackle 39

I would bet not. Miami will be in prime position to snag Creed Humphrey next year with either of their firsts, if Karas doesn't workout. Karas is no slouch himself as he turned down a more lucrative offer from New England to prove he's worth big money next year. It's easy to see why they took the LT over the C.

Austin Jackson has all the upside and talent you'd expect from a 20 year old LT picked 18th overall. No one will be surprised if he has a better career than 1 or 2 of the OT's that went ahead of him.

You can't be looking back already and wishing you undid selections before the 2nd round even started.

It is interesting that for the second year in a row the Saints took a center with their first pick overall selection, in both cases likely preventing a guy from being our selection.

With 3 quality centers still on the board I am not about to cry over spilled milk now. If we get locked out of the position completely this year, Humphrey becomes a top target next year. Creed Humphrey goes before Ruiz this year, had he declared.

I bet If we could go back and do it again, we would take Ruiz at 18 and then a tackle 39
Maybe, but neither of those guys strike me as "must haves." Nice players for sure. Wifts's best position is RT and that would help Tua. Ruiz is the best interior lineman from this class. But there is talent out there to be had.

Why did we sign Carrots if we want a rookie center so badly? We could have gotten him if we moved up. Perhaps we wanted him but only if he fell to us.

I think this means we will get another O linemen in round 2 or 3......

When i saw TB trade up, i knew it was bc Miami was trying to move up for Wirfs. SF called and said make me an offer or i'm trading out. Curious what Miami offered.

It would have been real nice to get Wirfs as a plug and play guy Day 1.

Kills me as I wanted both and we were so damn close. Imagine coming away w Tua, Wirfs, and Ruiz in round one and it probably only costing a mid-round pick. Trying not to be depressed about it. Instead we got a project LT, and another CB. So close to coming away with a shored up Oline for the future.

Kills me as I wanted both and we were so damn close. Imagine coming away w Tua, Wirfs, and Ruiz in round one and it probably only costing a mid-round pick. Trying not to be depressed about it. Instead we got a project LT, and another CB. So close to coming away with a shored up Oline for the future.

So close with those, also with CeeDee Lamb. Would you ever have imagined going in we would be 1 pick away from having the Tua-Lamb connection?

I guess we weren't willing to pay the price. I'd imagine more olineman are on the way. Tua should sit this year. Gives them another season to tweak the line. Jackson however should be starting. We need an idea of what we got with him before season ends.

Back
Top Bottom