Dolphins will retain Ireland (per rotoworld) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins will retain Ireland (per rotoworld)

I don't feel like looking for a link. Ross said it after the Jax game. It's not a surprise to anyone though. We knew he was staying regardless.

Good thing you dont feel like looking for one, because there isnt one :up:

We knew this for a couple of weeks but I must confess I was hoping Ross would have changed his mind after the New England game and all the firings from today. Oh we'll :boohoo:

It wasn't an announcement. There was an interview after the Jax game that confirmed Ireland was staying. Had we lost that game to Henne at home, it's possible Ross changes his mind.

Not surprised but very disappointed ownership is OK with 4 straight losing seasons and a team with huge holes all over the field. This off season better be filled with changes that are wildly popular with fans or the stadium with be embarrassingly empty. If our first pick or two in the draft is over 300lbs, Ross deserves what he gets.

I know a lot of people hate Ireland, but if we did get rid of him, who exactly are you replacing him with? srs (save the "replace him with a bag of chips" humor)

I know a lot of people hate Ireland, but if we did get rid of him, who exactly are you replacing him with? srs (save the "replace him with a bag of chips" humor)

People have thrown around names such as Eliot Wolf(Packers) and Eric DeCosta(Ravens asst GM). DeCosta at least has drawn heavy interest. Dont know if these guys are better or worse than what we have, but after 5 years, the one thing we do know is the guy we have isnt getting it done. Heck, even Bill Polian has expressed interest in coming back, he has one of the best track records in league history.

I'd personally be more than happy with that bag of chips you mentioned.

Obviously not unexpected but still.... Same old bull**** pathetic team management with it's head completely up it's collective ass. I find myself saying this every year but here goes. I HOPE I'M WRONG, but we're never going to go anywhere with this **** head running the show. He's a Parcells flunkie and he doesn't know which end is up when it comes to evaluation of NFL talent.

People have thrown around names such as Eliot Wolf(Packers) and Eric DeCosta(Ravens asst GM). DeCosta at least has drawn heavy interest. Dont know if these guys are better or worse than what we have, but after 5 years, the one thing we do know is the guy we have isnt getting it done. Heck, even Bill Polian has expressed interest in coming back, he has one of the best track records in league history.

I'd personally be more than happy with that bag of chips you mentioned.

what flavor?

While I can't excuse what Ireland has done in the past, I will give him kudos on a decent draft last year, the combination of Ireland and Philbin should be given at least a few years before you call for their heads.

we made progress last year, one more win then last year (literally 2 makeable field goals short of a 9-7 season), a rookie QB, a younger squad, 50mill cap space, 5 picks in the first 3 rounds... Everything points in the right direction with Ireland/Philbin combo

Ireland was stuck with Tony in 2011, and was pretty much the assistant GM under the Tuna... While Ireland has made some mistakes on his own, he's also made some good ones. People can call for his head all they want if thats what helps them sleep through the night, but I'm not ready to replace him just yet. Replacing somebody just for the sake of replacing them isn't always the best move, just ask the Raiders that.

Bill Polian, while the guy might be considered one of the best in the game, how many years do you think he has left in the tank to do such a high demanding job? (don't get it twisted, I'm not saying Ireland is better)

That was clear when we beat Jax. If we lost to a Chad Henne lead Jax team, I don't think Ross would have been as confident in Ireland as he is now. Even then, as much as a lot of us dislike Ireland, we knew he was staying another year. If anything, Tannehill saves his job.
I think you are giving Ross too much credit, not even a Jax/Henne win would have gotten Ross to make a smart football decision.

Looks like we're doomed to at least four more years of mediocrity (one more year to fire Ireland, three further years for his successor to do a complete rebuild). This guy simply can't evaluate talent. Be prepared for two more corn-fed offensive linemen and a defensive tackle in the first two rounds of the draft.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom