Dolphins Will Try To Trade Jones? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Will Try To Trade Jones?

Thanks for everything...but if he won't be here for the turn-around he should be jettisoned.

And I like Jones...

Screenshot_20190331-172850_Chrome.jpg

I really like Jones but this team has fudged the safety situation the last few years. With getting two identical safeties with limited range in coverage in Jones and TJ McDonald... While putting their best safety in coverage as the slot corner.

We need to manage our roster better than this moving forward.

Makes sense. Love Jones, but how productive will he be by the time Miami is good? Might as well get some additional draft picks.

A trade would work, as there would be no dead money. The trade partner would inherit Rashad's contract... but I wonder if it would mean we had to SEND a draft pick instead of receiving one?

I don't see any team being dumb enough to fall for it, even if we did send them a 4th or a 5th round pick.

I would love for this to happen. Not that I don't love Jones, but he's getting older and is still very effective which means now is the prime time to get a good return for our former 5th round pick. Smart rebuilding teams do this

I agree we need to make this happen, I love Reshad Jones but he's not part of the future and we need to get something in return for him while we can.

If Miami is somehow able to trade Jones, Chris Grier should become executive of the year. Jones contract may prohibit anything happening in 2019. 2020 could be a different story!!!

I do not think this is gonna happen given Flores’ history with secondary coaching and his success there with all the 3 Saftey looks Pats used last year.

A trade would work, as there would be no dead money.

There is plenty of dead cap:

Pre 6/1 Trade:
2019 Dead Cap: $12,135,0002019
2019 Cap Savings: $5,025,000

Post 6/1 Trade:
2019 Dead Cap: $4,045,0002020
2020 Dead Cap: $8,090,0002019
2020 Cap Savings: $13,115,000

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/miami-dolphins/reshad-jones-6969/

Last edited:
A trade would work, as there would be no dead money. The trade partner would inherit Rashad's contract... but I wonder if it would mean we had to SEND a draft pick instead of receiving one?

I don't see any team being dumb enough to fall for it, even if we did send them a 4th or a 5th round pick.
Even with a trade you are on the hook for alot of 2019 money for Jones. You would save some with trade but who would want his contract. A deal would be centered around Jones restructuring I would think and why would Jones do that

Reshad’s 2015 season was legendary. I would hate to lose him in the same year we lose Cam, but if we find someone willing to give us good value to trade him...we should pull the trigger. As others have said while he is still a Pro Bowl caliber player now, it’s unlikely he will be when we are competing for a playoff spot in 3 years.

Jones will not restructure he cried hard to get that contract/ raise...selfish player! I’m all for post June cut though.

Back
Top Bottom