Dolphins Willing To Eat Salary In Robert Quinn Trade - Visiting Cowboys | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Willing To Eat Salary In Robert Quinn Trade - Visiting Cowboys

tough call on Quinn. We have Hayes, Quinn, Harris, Woodard....not much pass rush as it is. Of all those guys Quinn is the best pass rusher. Harris isn't going anywhere. Hayes is a good run defender. Quinn is only 29, but 11 million off the books if he's gone sounds good.
actually we don't have hayes. he is a fa

I believe @ckparrothead brought up this possibility when we traded Tannehill. Makes sense to me. If we're tanking, we've got salary cap to do that sort of thing, assuming the league allows it.

I know I’m in the minority on this one, but I’d like to keep him. It’s not like we need the cap space.

For what reason, exactly? So he can get 4-5 sacks in a lost season and then walk for nothing in return? Utterly pointless.

tough call on Quinn. We have Hayes, Quinn, Harris, Woodard....not much pass rush as it is. Of all those guys Quinn is the best pass rusher. Harris isn't going anywhere. Hayes is a good run defender. Quinn is only 29, but 11 million off the books if he's gone sounds good.
When did we sign Hayes??

IMO I expect him to be traded during the draft.

I would be shocked and very disappointed to keep a 29 year old for $12M in a rebuilding project, and then get nothing for him. Makes no sense (or dollars) at all.

If anything I would have cut him and paid his $12M to sign a OLB/DE like Preston Smith (26) for the same money.

What would our starting Dline line look like without Quinn? Harris, Godchaux, Taylor, and ?????? Woodard? Oline is bad but the dline is the worst position group on the team.

Cowboys have a hole at RDE due to Gregory being suspended again.

They did ship off their first in this draft, so not sure how eager they are on giving up a mid range 2019 pick for Quinn.
Maybe a 6th this year and a conditional pick in 2020 depending on his production?

Cowboys have a hole at RDE due to Gregory being suspended again.

They did ship off their first in this draft, so not sure how eager they are on giving up a mid range 2019 pick for Quinn.
Maybe a 6th this year and a conditional pick in 2020 depending on his production?

I suspect you can forget about mid range picks. A 6th would be a win

Back
Top Bottom