Dolphins win over the Pats last year is a better victory than the 'Miami Miricale' | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins win over the Pats last year is a better victory than the 'Miami Miricale'

DisturbedShifty

Peace out
Reaction score
1586180478550.jpeg

Seriously. I was just browsing the Dolphins subreddit and found a post talking about how this person had just re-watched one of the greatest moments in Dolphins history/NFL history and it just irritated me. Was that play awesome? Yes. Was that win awesome? Any time they can beat the Pats it is awesome. But the way this play is hyped is just annoying. In the end it meant a whole lot of nothing. The Dolphins didn't make the playoffs and they didn't cost New England anything other than a loss.

Now the win last year is much more impressive. First of all they went into Ne England and won. Something that every team struggles to do because you have to fight the refs as well as the Pats (plus their malfunctioning sideline equipment). Secondly, by winning Miami cost New England a top playoff seed that lead to them getting bounced in the first round of the playoffs. I would even go as far as saying it is also something that lead to Brady leaving New England as well. So while the 2019 win may not have been as flashy as the 'miracle' win, it was a better win because it had actual consequences in the grand scheme of things. Plus, living outside of Miami, it was one of the few times that other team's fans were telling me how happy they were Miami won because screwed the Pats.

So yeah. The 'Miami Miracle' is nothing more than a moral victory for a fan base that has had nothing great to cheer for over a decade.

I can't judge the Miracle because I missed it, despite only missing a handful of games over the last 20 years ☹️. But this last game was one of my favorite games ever. Winning in Foxboro in December, with the Pats playing for a first round bye is a no small feat.

It shocked the league being the biggest upset in 20 years. And of course as Shifty explained, all the collateral consequences made it that much sweeter.

On top of it all, the game itself was entertaining throughout and ended on a great drive.

The Miracle in Miami wasn’t a good game. It was one of the single best, walk off, game winning plays you will ever see in sports. Those kind of plays simply don’t work at the NFL level. The win in NE was a great game. Fitzpatrick played darn near perfect. Heck, there were a few drops that could have led us to more points and an even better stat line for him. On a side note, it’s funny you made this thread because I watched both of these games on the free NFL gamepass yesterday. I didn’t get to see either of them live (I live in Upstate NY so the Bills/Giants/Jets are always on).

Yeah while the Miami Miracle is awesome & seeing that stupid meathead Gronk laying face down in the dirt at the end of the game lol, I gotta agree with ya. Last season we screwed over the Pats with them having a bye on the line. And got a shout out from Andy Reid in the process "HAIL TO THE DOLPHINS!" haha

The only two games that really have mattered in Dolphin history have been the two wins in the Super Bowl. The goal of every NFL team is to win the championship and while a win here or there might seem special at the time. Unless the wins end up with the team getting to and winning the SB, nothing else matters. Every year in the NFL when the season is over, there is one winner and 31 losers.

Absolutely it was. Much bigger, and much more important.

The Miami Miracle was a great play and actually bounced NE from homefield advantage, the Chiefs couldn't line up on the right side of the line of scrimmage.

This past one was a better victory though

Both are meaningless and both are situations only a win starved fanbase could look for a silver lining in.

What a travesty for this franchise. And a complete let down for people who grew up watching consequential games.

The only two games that really have mattered in Dolphin history have been the two wins in the Super Bowl. The goal of every NFL team is to win the championship and while a win here or there might seem special at the time. Unless the wins end up with the team getting to and winning the SB, nothing else matters. Every year in the NFL when the season is over, there is one winner and 31 losers.

Well some of us weren't alive to witness the Phins win a Superbowl so we have to settle for lesser stakes games that brought us excitement and entertainment.

Back
Top Bottom