Dolphins Win! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Win!

Couldnt agree more. I think its because people just dont understand....
That could be the case...I don't think so.

My vote is that with all the numbers quoted in favor of Tannehill, if I were a leper...I could count on one hand the amount of times Tannehill struck fear into the hearts of the Bills.

Enjoy the week being miserable that the Tannehill led Dolphins won.
I will enjoy the win the Xavien Howard led Dolphins had against the team I hate the most...

The only thing enjoyable about Tannehill is the hope that springs etrenal that he'll be in another uniform sooner than later.

I love this place. I get to laugh a lot. Yes we "won" but now some people think our team is just fine. The sad thing is Ross might start to believe that too and he'll make no changes so we can look forward to another 7-9 season next year. I know lots of people here think 7-9 is great so they'll be happy rooting for more of the same.

We have lists of positives here that include names like Kilgore. It was more sad than laughable.

Most pathetic of all is the notion that our offensive line is not NFL caliber, and that we would magically zoom to the top of the league or nearby if we had a top offensive line.

Meanwhile the talent gaps in this league are very narrow, especially in categories that include multiple players. Quarterback is only one starting player so the gap between one and another can be considerable, and dictate outcomes. But once you get to positions with multiple starting players the gap logically lessens. Offensive line features the greatest number of starters so there is less variance there than at any other position. Defensive back is now similar at 5 and sometimes 6 starters due to change in defensive strategy.

I'm sorry if people don't want to accept that, that offensive line performance does not vary nearly as much as they prefer, but it is the reality of the matter. Go to any fan message board these days and it is rare to see them not complaining about the offensive line. Year after year there are fewer top grades at offensive lineman than any other position, and the SPARQ grades can be awful as a group. The offensive linemen are not as athletic as their defensive counterparts and that gap has slowly continued to widen.

I will enjoy the win the Xavien Howard led Dolphins had against the team I hate the most...

The only thing enjoyable about Tannehill is the hope that springs etrenal that he'll be in another uniform sooner than later.

We can agree on one thing:

Someone needs to make a “Do not throw at X” shirt.

We can agree on one thing:

Someone needs to make a “Do not throw at X” shirt.
The Phins should mount a campaign for X to be:
  1. In the Pro Bowl
  2. 1st team All Pro
They should have also been doing this for Zach Thomas to be in the HOF...but that's another story.

It's amazing the Dolphins win a game Tannehill threw three touchdowns yet all I see on here is negativity.

RT won this game behind one of the worst O line play in the league!

10-1 at home is a great stat.

I also like how gase learned from some of his mistakes and called a good game.

D needs to keep getting better but glad they worked on stoping the run.

It's negative feeling around here because if you actually watched the game, Gase is still making bad play calls, tannehill is still staring WRs down, never improvises, continues to throw into double and triple coverage, held the ball too long which almost led to a safety. And we were a dropped pass away from losing.

Overall the consensus right now is that the future isn't bright, very murky. And like you said we have so many injuries right now which means our chances aren't good for a chance to make the playoffs.

We are heading straight for another 8-8 season which leaves us in limbo, again. I want to change this franchise into a winning franchise and stop settling for 8-8 and pretend to be happy or OK with it.

If losing is what it takes to make those changes happen soon, then sign me up. I'd rather lose this year since its basically a lost season anyways.

If I want to view works of art, I'll go to the museum...I'll take an Ugly Win over a Hard fought, shoulda, coulda, woulda loss every Sunday.

Revenge for last December in Miami. 3-1 in the division. A shot at the playoffs still...meaningful Home game in December against the Pats coming up. Play better next week and get over 500!

I'll also take hope for more Ws and a shot at the playoff over better draft position. Not wired to root for my team to lose...

It's negative feeling around here because if you actually watched the game, Gase is still making bad play calls, tannehill is still staring WRs down, never improvises, continues to throw into double and triple coverage, held the ball too long which almost led to a safety. And we were a dropped pass away from losing.

Overall the consensus right now is that the future isn't bright, very murky. And like you said we have so many injuries right now which means our chances aren't good for a chance to make the playoffs.

We are heading straight for another 8-8 season which leaves us in limbo, again. I want to change this franchise into a winning franchise and stop settling for 8-8 and pretend to be happy or OK with it.

If losing is what it takes to make those changes happen soon, then sign me up. I'd rather lose this year since its basically a lost season anyways.
Actually, we're in "the hunt". I prefer us not to be...but I have to deal with what is.

So were the browns last week if that tells you anything.
Make no mistake I'm 100 in for tanking NEXT season, releasing/trading Tannehill in the offseason, trading Branch, Parker, James, Kiko at the deadline...get the kid from Bama after we draft correctly and bring in quality FAs.

Now I have to cheer the squad.

Make no mistake I'm 100 in for tanking NEXT season, releasing/trading Tannehill in the offseason, trading Branch, Parker, James, Kiko at the deadline...get the kid from Bama after we draft correctly and bring in quality FAs.

Now I have to cheer the squad.

I agree with everything except for getting the kid from Bama if it’s their QB. I think that there are better QBs coming in the 2020 draft. But definitely pull a John Gruden in 2019 lol.

They got lucky with the Philips nonsense, then double dipped and got lucky with Clay.

I'm sure most of us are happy with the result but anyone watching that game should not be happy with the execution.

I understand the tanking POV, but I've said all along, if we have a playoff shot, you absolutely play to win.
I am always happy when we win, but like it was stated, the execution was not good. We had no business being close in this game. The only reason we won is because we played a team that is possibly worse than us, the refs bad calls, and we were at home. I think you might see a totally different outcome in Buffalo. I don't want us to lose, but we may be dejected post game.

Back
Top Bottom