Dolphins' Wright cooking now | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins' Wright cooking now

If he is serious about staying in Miami btwn now and TC working with the strength and conditioning coach then I would have to believe he will be in better condition come the opening of camp. If he was just blowing smoke (uh sorry Ricky) saying what people want to hear he wont last long with Saban.

I think we should nick name this guy BABY HUEY, after the cartoon character of the same.

PhinFan0202 said:
It was mad disapointing to have Manny Wright come in out of shape but i'm over it now. Everyone makes mistakes, that includes a 2nd year NT who really has not played all that much. He's learning his lesson the hard way and as long as he comes into camp weighing what he should i could care less.

Agree 100%

23Ronnie23 said:
manny is lazy

I don't know if I would go that far. Lazy people don't subject themselves to the riggors of the many training camps and daily practices it requires to reach the level of competition Manny has reached.

Manny has a problem with self disipline and maturity. I think his size and quickness has made football relatively easy for him all his football life.

The only price he has ever had to pay up to last year, his rookie year, was from what it required to be competitive against a teammate fighting for the same job. He never out and out won a starting job at USC. Did he?

From some of the articles I read about him last year, it seems his parents cottled and pampered him to keep him off the mean streets.

It's not a sure thing yet, but I believe NS will teach Manny the meaning of sacrifice, so that he will be able to understand his potentual and develope it into obtaining a higher goal of becoming the teammate that can be relied upon to be there, in condition, when his team needs him most.

Obtaining fame and fortune is not a good motivator for everyone, but learning to sacrifice for the success of the team could be. Fathers and Mothers do it everyday for the success of their families.

I think by NFL standards Manny is lazy...but by normal standards Manny can't possibly compete with the laziness of pot smokers in general.

ckparrothead said:
I think by NFL standards Manny is lazy...but by normal standards Manny can't possibly compete with the laziness of pot smokers in general.
He is so lazy he is 2nd string NT behind Traylor and Nick has enough confidence to not have signed Wilkinson yet. Some of you people can't get over your wrong impressions of our players. I'm sure Manny isn't the only guy over 300+ that don't practice as hard as others. They are more suspect to fatal accidents and heat strokes. That is the NFL's fault because the teams don't look at most people under 285 for OL or DL. If they don't want the big men taking it easy they shouldn't draft them. BTW that POS reporter that got all of you stirred up never gave a source and if people were so disappointed in him why is Zgonina being moved to DE and Manny is right behind Traylor now?

G-Force said:
He is so lazy he is 2nd string NT behind Traylor and Nick has enough confidence to not have signed Wilkinson yet. Some of you people can't get over your wrong impressions of our players. I'm sure Manny isn't the only guy over 300+ that don't practice as hard as others. They are more suspect to fatal accidents and heat strokes. That is the NFL's fault because the teams don't look at most people under 285 for OL or DL. If they don't want the big men taking it easy they shouldn't draft them. BTW that POS reporter that got all of you stirred up never gave a source and if people were so disappointed in him why is Zgonina being moved to DE and Manny is right behind Traylor now?

maybe we should ask Saban.. he IS the source...right?

On if Jeff Zgonina is playing more defensive end) – “He’s playing exactly like he played last year - he played both last year. It probably appears that way in practice only because between Frederick Evans and Manny Wright, we’re trying to give those two guys the majority of the work at nose to see if we can develop a young nose that can play nose. Last year, when Keith (Traylor) couldn’t play at the end of the season, we had two noses, but none of our young guys knew how to play nose. We played Manny in there – and he did a good job – but it was a tough adjustment for him. What we’re trying to do now, regardless of where they end up on the front because Manny is still a defensive end for us and still practices at that position, we want to have one guy ready in an emergency situation. Jeff needs some work in there, but he’s a very experienced player so I don’t think that he needs to do it everyday. He played both for us last year and I think that’s the value that he has is his dversity, in terms of the positions that he can play up front.â€Â

cnc66 said:
maybe we should ask Saban.. he IS the source...right?

On if Jeff Zgonina is playing more defensive end) – “He’s playing exactly like he played last year - he played both last year. It probably appears that way in practice only because between Frederick Evans and Manny Wright, we’re trying to give those two guys the majority of the work at nose to see if we can develop a young nose that can play nose. Last year, when Keith (Traylor) couldn’t play at the end of the season, we had two noses, but none of our young guys knew how to play nose. We played Manny in there – and he did a good job – but it was a tough adjustment for him. What we’re trying to do now, regardless of where they end up on the front because Manny is still a defensive end for us and still practices at that position, we want to have one guy ready in an emergency situation. Jeff needs some work in there, but he’s a very experienced player so I don’t think that he needs to do it everyday. He played both for us last year and I think that’s the value that he has is his diversity, in terms of the positions that he can play up front.â€Â

Hey Marty. Speaking of Noses...in the grand scheme of things, We are all just Boogers in the nose of life! :wink:

ckparrothead said:

:confused: Well, you've lost me on that one. I have no idea, who, what, where, when or how that applies.

I don't think the boy has learned how to deny himself today, for the greater good of things to come.

I suppose laziness could be a sidereel word for undisiplined.

I don't see this as a big deal at all.
When TC rolls around I'm sure we all will get continuous updates to Manny's progress or lack of progress.

Right now whats being reported is that he is working extra days and the weight IS coming off.

Phins28 said:
our OL will be the biggest in the NFL.

LT- L.J. Shelton 6-6 345
LG- Jeno James 6-4 320
C- Rex Hadnot 6-2 325
RG- Bennie Anderson 6-5 345
RT- Vernon Carey 6-5 335

Dt- Manny Wright 6-6 329 to 340
Can someone tell me why that this is one of the biggest O-Lines and everyone here loves it, but Manny is a fat usless slob (not how I feel)?

Kadiddlehopper said:
Dt- Manny Wright 6-6 329 to 340
Can someone tell me why that this is one of the biggest O-Lines and everyone here loves it, but Manny is a fat usless slob (not how I feel)?

Forget biggest offensive line.

We are going to have the biggest offense in the league when you add in Daunte Culpepper, Fred Beasley and Ronnie Brown.

Plus Chris Chambers and Marty booker are two receivers who are 210+ lbs!

:eek:

DolphinDevil28 said:
Forget biggest offensive line.

We are going to have the biggest offense in the league when you add in Daunte Culpepper, Fred Beasley and Ronnie Brown.

Plus Chris Chambers and Marty booker are two receivers who are 210+ lbs!

:eek:

:yeahthat: We will be explosive :tank:

Back
Top Bottom