Don Shula has passed away (Dolphins will wear memorial patch) | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Don Shula has passed away (Dolphins will wear memorial patch)

The Football Life of Don Shula is tougher to watch today.
Amazing how often he evolved as a coach over the years. Always adapting.

This year has been awful so far. It’s a nightmare. I myself lost my Grandmother January 6th then the loss of Kobe Bryant, Kenny Rogers, Joe Diffie and Now Don Shula. Oh and you can add on this Global Pandemic and it’s like I want to rewind the clock back to 2019. Heck the 80s and 90s were the best time period.

This year has been awful so far. It’s a nightmare. I myself lost my Grandmother January 6th then the loss of Kobe Bryant, Kenny Rogers, Joe Diffie and Now Don Shula. Oh and you can add on this Global Pandemic and it’s like I want to rewind the clock back to 2019. Heck the 80s and 90s were the best time period.
Sorry about your Grandfather. My mother died last January. She always tolerated and even indulged my obsessive love of the Dolphins growing up. My older brother, who was a Viking s fa, always complained that our mom loved me more than him because she liked the Dolphins better than the Vikings. In truth, my mother was a clean freak and liked their all-white uniforms.

Sorry about your Grandfather. My mother died last January. She always tolerated and even indulged my obsessive love of the Dolphins growing up. My older brother, who was a Viking s fa, always complained that our mom loved me more than him because she liked the Dolphins better than the Vikings. In truth, my mother was a clean freak and liked their all-white uniforms.
LOL sounds like there was favoritism. Sorry about your Mother too buddy. You doing ok now?

LOL sounds like there was favoritism. Sorry about your Mother too buddy. You doing ok now?
I'm well, thank you. Still not liking the whole "being your own parent" thing, but such is life. (And yeah, there was a wee bit of favoritism.)

Stay safe!

One of my favorite Don Shula stories was told by Larry Csonka. Csonka talked about finding the Raiders game plan against Miami in the locker room at the Oakland Coliseum. He gave it to Monte Clark, the Dolphins offensive line coach at the time. After Miami lost to Oakland, Csonka asked Clark "what happened?" Clark said he showed it to Shula and Shula told him to "throw it away."

That Shula had that much fire and desire to win, but also always played by the rules speaks volumes for his character.

I've posted here (now) more than anytime over the years. But I have to agree with all that said 2020 sucks. I'm going to go back a bit farther and let ya'll know my father died right about the same exact time that Drake was entering the endzone in the miracle in Miami. I've kept it to myself all this time. I'd like to think he might have had a little to do with it :up:.
Anyway, Shula passing has been tough on me even now. I always wanted to meet him, just never had the chance. My hat is off to all of you that did.
Well, two of my hero's are now gone. Getting old sucks.

One of my favorite Don Shula stories was told by Larry Csonka. Csonka talked about finding the Raiders game plan against Miami in the locker room at the Oakland Coliseum. He gave it to Monte Clark, the Dolphins offensive line coach at the time. After Miami lost to Oakland, Csonka asked Clark "what happened?" Clark said he showed it to Shula and Shula told him to "throw it away."

That Shula had that much fire and desire to win, but also always played by the rules speaks volumes for his character.
Yes, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a fake plant though. And Shula probably knew that. Not that I think he would have used it even if that wasn't the case.

I've posted here (now) more than anytime over the years. But I have to agree with all that said 2020 sucks. I'm going to go back a bit farther and let ya'll know my father died right about the same exact time that Drake was entering the endzone in the miracle in Miami. I've kept it to myself all this time. I'd like to think he might have had a little to do with it :up:.
Anyway, Shula passing has been tough on me even now. I always wanted to meet him, just never had the chance. My hat is off to all of you that did.
Well, two of my hero's are now gone. Getting old sucks.
2020 has definitely sucked but it's been a walk in the park for me compared to 2019. Like you, I lost my dad last March after a brief illness. Then 2 weeks after my dad passed my girlfriend of 2 1/2 yrs. that not too long before that I thought I would marry, told me, "Sorry it's over." So 2020 is simply an annoyance at this point. I used to take football very seriously when I was younger and let losses affect me way too much but as I got older that gradually subsided because in the grand scheme of things it's not that important. Not to say I still don't enjoy the wins and anticipate the bright future but I don't let a game affect me that much any more.

And it's almost like Shula's passing is already old news out there. Hell, it took that stupid "Good Morning Football" show on the NFL Network 45 minutes to even mention it this morning and I don't know if it was even mentioned on Total Access tonight. Even on this board the "Charles Harris Traded" thread has more replies than this one about Coach Shula passing away.

Back
Top Bottom