Don Shula has passed away (Dolphins will wear memorial patch) | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Don Shula has passed away (Dolphins will wear memorial patch)

Back in the 70's and early 80's when there wasn't NFL Sunday Ticket or the Internet watching Dolphins games was basically a treat for me. Living in NYC; I'd only get to see Monday Night Games, or when Miami would play the Jets or Giants and when they made the playoffs. Don Shula was as much of the treat as was watching the games. I remember begging my dad to get DirecTV just for the Sunday Ticket to see Miami play every week. Shula was always a topic of conversation during every game. I'll miss him greatly!!!

I was 4 when Shula retired, I don't have the personal connection to him many of you do.

But Shula is such an important part of the current Dolphins legacy, Shula's legacy and contribution to the Dolphins is immense and obvious even to a fan like me from a very different generation

Mr. Shula is the reason I became a fan of the Miami Dolphins. I was 10 years old when he was hired to coach the Dolphins and he made the City of Miami proud. What a great man, coach, and human being. His legend will live on forever. God bless.

i assume they will, unfortunately with the virus, not sure much else will be done now publicly either.

I’m sure it’s really extra hard on the family even,trying to make arrangements at this time...

Not in Florida.

Back
Top Bottom