Donovan McNabb on AJ Feeley | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Donovan McNabb on AJ Feeley

The guy is in a club, the last thing he wants to do is talk football.

Any guy with a brain would have blown you off and been a dick

grendel said:
AJ=Absolute Joke, that's why Philly is laughing so hard!

Absolute Joke is Dry Heaving in the final minutes of the biggest game so far in his career costing his team a chance to win.

enigmatics said:
.............another take it for what it's worth thread. But as alot of people know Donovan McNabb spends quite a bit of his offseason training here in Scottsdale,AZ where I reside. Not only does he train here, but he can be seen kickin' it at all the clubs here in Scottsdale, much of the time at this place called Suede where I saw him again tonight. I decided to just go up to him and shoot the sh*t with him and boy let me tell you he's a d*ckhead..........no doubts about that. I told him upfront that I was a Dolphins fan and I wanted to know his opinion about AJ Feeley starting for us and he laughed his butt off. I'm not lying. The funniest thing is he honestly couldn't remember AJ's full name. You'd think ok maybe he was drunk or something, but there was no drink near the man, not surprising either.

I'd also like to comment that dude's head is bigger than anything I've ever seen sitting atop a neck and shoulders.
Question so what are you mad about that he did'nt know AJ's name or that he laighed at him.

The rips on McNabb being labeled as "overrated" and "lacking heart" have to stop. I mean WTF are you ppl smoking. Wasnt McNabb the guy who threw for 4 TDS on a broken ankle. Wasnt McNabb the guy who won a game while being so sick that he actually puked on the field. I dont know about you, but what more can a player do to prove his love for the game. Secondly, him being overrated is so BS. The man has consistently put up good numbers w/ or w/o TO so get your facts straight. The comment that really threw me off my chair was about choosing Feeley/Gus over McNabb. WTF ARE YOU PPL SMOKING???? Stop hanging out with Rick goddammit. We would be truly blessed to have a QB like McNabb. Just ask Chambers about who he would rather have throwing the ball: McNabb or Feeley. Man, ppl really need to start thinking before posting on this forum.

BenchFiedler said:
Obviously, he is known and famous for chocking during big crucial games, during the superbowl, he had one of his chunky soup moments...What a joke this guy!!

i'm not going to be a dolphins homer and turn on my opinions of mcnabb (who i think is a good talent and valued leader for his teammates) just because of what he said about a dolphin player, but that superbowl performance was awful. after that lame duck interception in the endzone, i had no more confidence in him that night. it didn't get any better. he looked bewildered the entire night. okay so he puked on the field. personally, it looked like he was white as a ghost and couldn't handle the pressure. that may not be the case, but he definitely didn't appear confident.

jake delhomme showed more confidence and performed better against the same team last year.

Gitrdone said:
Absolute Joke is Dry Heaving in the final minutes of the biggest game so far in his career costing his team a chance to win.

likewise, an absolute joke is recieving a high 2nd round pick for an emergency qb, looks like the joke's on us.

MikeO said:
The guy is in a club, the last thing he wants to do is talk football.

Any guy with a brain would have blown you off and been a dick

............just like I'm doing to this post?

DAFINZ said:
The rips on McNabb being labeled as "overrated" and "lacking heart" have to stop. I mean WTF are you ppl smoking. Wasnt McNabb the guy who threw for 4 TDS on a broken ankle. Wasnt McNabb the guy who won a game while being so sick that he actually puked on the field. I dont know about you, but what more can a player do to prove his love for the game. Secondly, him being overrated is so BS. The man has consistently put up good numbers w/ or w/o TO so get your facts straight. The comment that really threw me off my chair was about choosing Feeley/Gus over McNabb. WTF ARE YOU PPL SMOKING???? Stop hanging out with Rick goddammit. We would be truly blessed to have a QB like McNabb. Just ask Chambers about who he would rather have throwing the ball: McNabb or Feeley. Man, ppl really need to start thinking before posting on this forum.

...amen.

Phishstix said:
likewise, an absolute joke is recieving a high 2nd round pick for an emergency qb, looks like the joke's on us.

I will wait until after this season to judge AJ. So far he wasn't worth a #2. Things could change, yet they might not.

DAFINZ said:

:yeahthat:

Pitcure perfect ownage...

If McNabb is so great and AJ is a "third stringer",why did AJ step in, in a very tough part of the season as a rookie and step out with a winning % 0f 800. and the only loss was in OT? Seems to me playing QB in Philly is like being a RB in Denver. I know all you Philly lovers here think McNabb is god's answer to football, but I gotta tell ya McNabb is not as good as the hype.

Here's what I think, he's not as bad as most of the hate posts, but he's not as good as all the love posts either. Above avg....yes! Without a doubt. But great, I don't think so. So much is made about winning on a broken ankle, I broke my foot in a pickup BB game in the first part of the game and finished with no problem the next day I woke up my foot was three times the size of normal. Plus McNabb was playing the Cards in the game he threw the four TD's, and the Cards were still division rivals at the time of that game I believe, so the Eagles new them very well...give me a brake. Also Ty Detmer steped in for one Game against the 49ers on a Monday night and light them up. If I'm not mistaken I don't believe anyone thinks detmer is a probowl QB but he took the same team the McNabb runs and ran them just as well and just as efficigently down the field the whole game before breaking his arm simply by falling to the ground because he weighs 139 pounds soaking wet. Something was brought up earlier
about McNabb having the worst recieving core in the league and still one a lot of games, that right there should tell you it's more the system then the players in it. We couldn't have won more games with that WR core, but we don't run that system.

My point, McNabb, Detmer, Feeley all ran the same offense with a ton of success McNabb is just a more physicly talented player then the other two. So naturally you'll play him over the others, none the less, the other two that everyone thinks are unworthy of starting over McNabb are just as capable at running the O in Philly.
McNabb is a good QB but he would struggle in many other systems because his strenght is not as a thinking QB but as an elusive one. The coaching staff in Philly do all the thinking and the players just execute the game plan. It's a plug and play system so to speak.

I live in South Jesey and I see more Eagles football then Dolphins. I know just as much about the Eagles as I do about the Fins. A good system and a weak schedule adds up to a lot of wins. Lets look back at the Bills of the early 90's, does anyone here think the Eagles today were better then the Bill's of the 90's...I don't, I think the Bills D was twice as good and the Bill's O was twice as efficent as the Eagles today. But becuase the AFC as a whole during that time stunk they made four stright SB appearances.
This is the Same for the Eagles a good sytem with a weak schedule =4 NFC title games and one SB appearance.

jlfin said:
If that's true, so what. IMO McNabb is one of the most over rated QB's in the league.He's an improved version of Randall Cunningham. Good athlete, with good mobility, but missing a certain intangible when it comes to winning big games. T.O was his savior this past season. Without an elite receiver he will struggle.

Please, dont give him that much credit. Cunningham was better than McNabb.

feelthepain said:
If McNabb is so great and AJ is a "third stringer",why did AJ step in, in a very tough part of the season as a rookie and step out with a winning % 0f 800. and the only loss was in OT?

This is an extremely poor argument and has been beaten, obviously not to death, but close. A.J. played against very poor defenses, and the one decent defense he played against he lost. There's nothing more to say.

Back
Top Bottom