Donovan McNabb on AJ Feeley | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Donovan McNabb on AJ Feeley

FiN.in.RI said:
Nervous? :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: ....:m83: Your Credibility
What is this pop warner league? :lol:

Just looked like he was sucking wind to me. Looked like a guy without the drive to win. I just can't seem to envision other champion quarterbacks sucking wind(poor clock management or otherwise) on a drive in the 4th quarter, can you, philter? There are a slew of other QBs in the NFL that I would rather have over AJ and Gus but Donovan McNabb is not one of them for a variety of reasons.. anyway, I don't have the time or energy to argue about your orignal post in this thread and why it was wrong on so many levels.

my credibility is shot? :lol: Your credibility was shot when you said you rather have AJ and Gus over McNabb. :roflmao:

You said he has no heart, I said he got nervous and choked. Having no heart is what Ricky Williams does and what Randy Moss does. Those players have no heart. What the Eagles as a team did was choke, their coaches did a horrible job at clock management and thats choking. That has nothing to do with their heart and their will to win. Its the fact that they were in a national spotlight and couldnt handle the pressure and choked.

And Yes, I can name a few QBs who did the same thing. Peyton Manning, the best QB in the NFL, choked and was sucking wind in the playoffs every year that Indy lost to NE. Mike Vick against the Eagles when he couldnt run for crap, did you see the look on his face when they showed him in the 4th quarter? That was the look of a guy sucking wind. How about Culpepper when he lost to the Eagles also?

I think Randall Cuningham was much better than Mcnabb. Cunnigham was a helluva player and had much less talent on the offensive side of the ball to work with than you think.

Even if what McNabb said about Feeley was true, I think it would be classless to make a public remark like that to a stranger. Therefore, I think the remark reflects more negatively on McNabb than it does on Feeley.
Saying someone is over rated doesn't neccessarily imply that they are a bad player. It simply means that they don't live up to their media hype.
It seem like anytime someone refers to a particular player as over rated someone will post a sarcastic retort especially this Bills fan (whatever his name is)

BSQX4 said:
McNabbs 2 minute offense was the worst I've ever seen. In the Super Bowl, down 10 points, with like 5 minutes to go, he couldn't get the O functioning at a fast rate at all. I know I grew up on Elway, Marino etc. but he was horrible. He didn't even go to the shotgun formation to try and negate the Pats blitzes. With the game on the line he threw a pick to Rodney Harrison. Mr. Big Shot at the bar, you should have asked him where his ring was.

Is that McNabb or the playcalling fault? Its not McNabb, its the team as a whole. Plus McNabb isnt a shotgun QB. The choaching staff, you know the guys that call the plays, obviously felt he was better dropping back than in the shotgun so they went with that, which is a bad call IMO.

fishypete said:
Nervous? How can a NFL player late in the game be nervous? Maybe he was out of shape....maybe we'll never know the real reason....maybe some of us don't really care....only Eagle fans should....right?

:lol: Youve obviously never played sports. All thoughout highschool and college when I was in a tight game I always got nervous. When you are in a spotlight situation for the first time, a lot of people get nervous.

And maybe we will never know the reason, and maybe a lot of people do care or we wouldnt be having this conversation. :lol:

PhinDude88 said:
If you looked at the NFC championship games that they went to before TO got there. They played very poorly on offense because their WR's got handled down by the CB and S. McNabb was a good QB, but he was never great. Now that TO got there, McNabb started to play like a great QB.

Well Terrell Owens did not play in the NFC championship game this season. Unfortunately the likes of Freddie Mitchell and Alligator arms Pinkston don't strike fear in any secondary, Peyton Manning has not been able to get past New England but would you think he's not an elite player? The Eagles would have made the SB without Terrell Owens this year IMO, he did not play during the NFC playoffs and I don't think you took that into consideration with your statement.

PhinDude88 said:
If you looked at the NFC championship games that they went to before TO got there. They played very poorly on offense because their WR's got handled down by the CB and S. McNabb was a good QB, but he was never great. Now that TO got there, McNabb started to play like a great QB.
You dont just start to play like a great QB. He just had a WR that could get open and therefore allow him to make more plays in TO. The Eagles WR corps were one of the worst in the NFL IMO before TO. It should be a testiment to McNabb and Westbrook that they even made the NFC championship game in the years before TO was my point. If he was just a "decent" QB, they would have lost in the first round of the playoffs. The Eagles made it to the Superbowl WITHOUT TO this year, remember! :lol:

Yeah Mr. Chunky Soup really has a lot to talk about after his "splendid" performance in the Superbowl...I am still wondering exactly what happened to Donovan in the 4th quarter of the SB when he choked. Even Donovan said he was NOT sick...so what happened? T.O. also said Donovan choked, so let Mr. Ego continue to smile and grin...we all know he is a punk. :yell:

Philter25 said:
You dont just start to play like a great QB. He just had a WR that could get open and therefore allow him to make more plays in TO. The Eagles WR corps were one of the worst in the NFL IMO before TO. It should be a testiment to McNabb and Westbrook that they even made the NFC championship game in the years before TO was my point. If he was just a "decent" QB, they would have lost in the first round of the playoffs. The Eagles made it to the Superbowl WITHOUT TO this year, remember! :lol:

You just like to get on peoples nerves dont you?...... :wink:

Muck said:
And with that last post, let me remind everyone that this is NOT a political forum and to be on your best behavoir.

I doubt any of them were in awe of Rush Limbaugh. He was political radio show host sitting in on a football program. This was their domain. Rush has little or no experise on the subject of football. So they probably didn't respect his opinion very much.

What a joke Muck. You tell the guy this isn't a political forum then post your political opinion. I don't completely agree with what Rush said but I would have liked him to stay on longer than he did.

PhinDude88 said:
You just like to get on peoples nerves dont you?...... :wink:
No, not at all. Most people who have had conversations with me would probably attest that I am a pretty laid back poster and intentionally try to see both sides of arguments. None of my posts are ever meant just to tick someone off.... If they were, Im sure I would have been banned numeous times which I can say that I have never been banned from this board in my posting history.

You on the other hand just made a silly statement IMO and I had to remind you that the Eagles made it to the NFC championship AND the Superbowl WITHOUT TO. :lol:

I would think that Booker , Chambers and MCmike would rather have Mcnabb throwing to them than AJ. I'm pretty sure D's would rather have Feely throwing though just so that they have better chances of scoring TD's and hopefully getting better contracts from their respective teams.

enigmatics said:
.............another take it for what it's worth thread. But as alot of people know Donovan McNabb spends quite a bit of his offseason training here in Scottsdale,AZ where I reside. Not only does he train here, but he can be seen kickin' it at all the clubs here in Scottsdale, much of the time at this place called Suede where I saw him again tonight. I decided to just go up to him and shoot the sh*t with him and boy let me tell you he's a d*ckhead..........no doubts about that. I told him upfront that I was a Dolphins fan and I wanted to know his opinion about AJ Feeley starting for us and he laughed his butt off. I'm not lying. The funniest thing is he honestly couldn't remember AJ's full name. You'd think ok maybe he was drunk or something, but there was no drink near the man, not surprising either.

I'd also like to comment that dude's head is bigger than anything I've ever seen sitting atop a neck and shoulders.

Sorry, I think you're full of ****. And if you are telling the truth, maybe it was the way you approached him. I live in Syracuse but I am not an SU fan. I met Donovan McNabb and he was the nicest guy. He gave me an autograph and we talked about the city of Chicago. I know several other people who have met Donovan before and said he was a nice guy.

i don't see how mcnabb was being a d*ck. he just told his honest opinion. He thinks aj feeley is a joke he backed up koy detmer, also he was probably drunk. Hes just at a club chilling, i doubt he wants to talk in depth about aj feeley, and have a serious conversation about what his opinioin is on the man.

Back
Top Bottom