Don't Give Up Yet!! Here's Why I'm Actually Getting EXCITED Now!! Read On.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Don't Give Up Yet!! Here's Why I'm Actually Getting EXCITED Now!! Read On....

This post was originally in another thread. So excuse the context. But I decided to copy it and some of the responses and create a new thread. Hopefully it helps. :) Anyway, here goes.....

Oh I agree. This is DEFINITELY not a good thing. We had a "triangle" offense so to speak. You gang up on Ricky, we've got the studs to kill you up top and outside. You double up out there, we rip you apart with Ricky. Well, that ended before it began.

BUT....there is a chance that good things could come of this. Perhaps the rest of the team/coaches finally step up because, without Ol' Reliable, everyone involved is forced to elevate themselves for this thing to work. They have no choice but to make themselves accountable.

Remember guys, we've still got an excellent defense. We've still got two outstanding WRs, a dangerous TE, a solid FB, and an OL that can't possibly be as bad as last year's. Plus, our QB play is also very likely to improve immediately. Competition breeds better play. And having a QB coach (and a good one at that) also helps.

This isn't what we wanted to happen. And there are a lot of unknowns in that offensive backfield. But I think Travis Minor has the ability to make some plays. He is quick, fast, and always seems to fall forward and gain bonus yardage. And we will finally see if Leonard Henry was as good as the 9.1 ypc he boasted his senior year at East Carolina.

So while today is a bad day, I'm actually growing excited again. We have nothing left to lose at this point. Nothing is expected of us. We are now the great unknown. And that's a potentially dangerous combination.

Muck said:
Oh I agree. This is DEFINITELY not a good thing. We had a "triangle" offense so to speak. You gang up on Ricky, we've got the studs to kill you up top and outside. You double up out there, we rip you apart with Ricky. Well, that ended before it began.

BUT....there is a chance that good things could come of this. Perhaps the rest of the team/coaches finally step up because, without Ol' Reliable, everyone involved is forced to elevate themselves for this thing to work. They have no choice but to make themselves accountable.

Remember guys, we've still got an excellent defense. We've still got two outstanding WRs, a dangerous TE, a solid FB, and an OL that can't possibly be as bad as last year's. Plus, our QB play is also very likely to improve immediately. Competition breeds better play. And having a QB coach (and a good one at that) also helps.

This isn't what we wanted to happen. And there are a lot of unknowns in that offensive backfield. But I think Travis Minor has the ability to make some plays. He is quick, fast, and always seems to fall forward and gain bonus yardage. And we will finally see if Leonard Henry was as good as the 9.1 ypc he boasted his senior year at East Carolina.

So while today is a bad day, I'm actually growing excited again. We have nothing left to lose at this point. Nothing is expected of us. We are now the great unknown. And that's a potentially dangerous combination.
I share your same thoughts Muck, Cheers.

Thanks. Maybe I should have created a new thead for that.

thank you muck...after reading your post i really feel much better about this...this is what i had to wake up to today...and already with the tumult that the dolphins had this offseason i thought it can get no worse, but alas it has, hey maybe now we can cign Ogun

As always, Muck, you are right on. I always felt that the fins always believed a little too much of their own pre-season press clippings. No worry of that this year. We will be predicted to be last in the NFL...

Unless we trade for Bennett or Davenport or something...

We've got the money to sign Wale and probably Chambers now. Now that Ricky is gone, we absolutely MUST lock up Chambers soon. We can't afford to risk losing another one of our best players on offense.

I agree muck.....especially in the beginning of the season...cause now teams will be guessing what the "new" game plan will be! Also.....guess this will be a team character check up time!......Ricky had the strenghth of character to leave......what will the strength of character of the team and coaches will be?

I agree muck! More young players we get to watch and it will be interesting to see who steps up. At least we dont have to worry about having to jettison Russel if h is as good as we think he'll be. Now Sammy Morris can play back there too. He did some good numbers on us then they doidnt play him. At least we can use him in short yardage. Travis is a good solid kid that can make plays in the pass game as well...maybe a west coast type of altered scheme will suite what we now have. Oh well, as bad as it is it is over and could have been worse...Ricky could have shown up for a playoff game stoned out of his mind. I'm not so upset at his retiring as I am for the reasons....seems to be a lost soul and maybe getting is best....oh well, the line must block now and AJ and DB better step up cause I think we'll be chuckin it a bit more than we have....time to burn my 34 jerseys and 15 inch RW action figure....go Phins!

Another maybe positive is that we almost have to rebuild. Not completely but atleast a little overhaul after this year. I love hte core of this team, but at the same time they have had the teams to win and never have. I thikn its time to go in a new direction and trim some of the older guy off for some younger players....maybe ever a QB. Maybe sacrifice the next year or two (not totally just try to get some early picks) and get some youth to start this team over again.

This unit has had plenty of chances and we haven't gotten close, maybe this will push us to the point where we HAVE to be bold.

While I am an very optimistic fan by nature this is a serious blow to the team. I can't see Minor or Henry coming close to what Ricky offered. Travis is a solid 3rd down back but this conservative offense Dave run's is going to be hurting when we can't run between the tackles effectively. Locking up chamber's now will be a boon, maybe the defense will step and carry the team more-so than usual. I'm actually frightened by this event. We could be terrible, Wanny always stated Ricky was the best player on the team.

great post! It almost forces us to be more agressive on offense. So maybe ther is a silver lining. Still wish this was all a bad dream though

Agree, with the exception of Travis Minor. Leonard Henry would be more likely to be an every down back than Minor. I've never been a fan of Minor though, so take that for what it's worth (just never see him as anything but a scat back type who's too slow to be a scat back)

Back
Top Bottom