Don't Give Up Yet!! Here's Why I'm Actually Getting EXCITED Now!! Read On.... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Don't Give Up Yet!! Here's Why I'm Actually Getting EXCITED Now!! Read On....

InMyChambers said:
you people can't be serious? our coaching staff is gonna step up? :roflmao: that might be the funniest thing i've ever heard. when has this coaching staff ever stepped up? wouldn't you think if they were ever going to step up it would be when we had RW?????

we lost our best player, period. Not only was he our best player, but the talent behind him at that position is very very very far away from being as good as he was.

our defense is aging and is big piece of it is still unsigned. we are gonna be terrible this year. LAST PLACE. GUARENTEED

can't be mad at you for being an optimist but i'm a realist (not a pessimist). nothing has gone right this offseason, so why should we think the team will pull a 180 and win games. it doesn't work that way in miami.

Nice post :D

FishFryer said:
obviously, since you have no faith left in your team, and now you are going to hop onto the panthers bandwagon since they are contenders :roflmao:

You shouldn't speak of things you know nothing about. If was the case, you and the rest of the bills fans would be mutes.

I live in NC. I live in Charlotte, NC. I went to the Panthers games when they played in death valley on the Clemson campus in the first season. I went to 1 panther game every season. I was a fan from the inception of the panthers.

That being said, they are and all ways will be 2nd to the phins.

I am not a bandwagon panther fan.. But atleast the Bills dont have to worry about getting bandwagon fans because their never that good.

pgsmelt said:
I agree muck.....especially in the beginning of the season...cause now teams will be guessing what the "new" game plan will be! Also.....guess this will be a team character check up time!......Ricky had the strenghth of character to leave......what will the strength of character of the team and coaches will be?

Strength of character? :confused: Lack of is more like it. A player of strong character would have played out his contract OR quit at the END of the season not a week before camp stats. :mad:

Everyone else on offense will step up now just like they did the last time the offensive franchise player retired. Everyone was so much better after Danny quit. Get real....the only possible positive result out of this mess is that it will hopefully hasten the removal of the current administration, from GM to towelboy.

This isn't what we wanted to happen. And there are a lot of unknowns in that offensive backfield. But I think Travis Minor has the ability to make some plays. He is quick, fast, and always seems to fall forward and gain bonus yardage. And we will finally see if Leonard Henry was as good as the 9.1 ypc he boasted his senior year at East Carolina.

So while today is a bad day, I'm actually growing excited again. We have nothing left to lose at this point. Nothing is expected of us. We are now the great unknown. And that's a potentially dangerous combination.

I agree 100%!

Ricky Williams had (has) soft hands and he caught passes well and did not fumble too often. Now, who in our current RB squad has the better hands? I can't wait for the season to start. I am excited for the preseason also. Who will step up? Soon we will all know.

I believe in the Dolphins and I will never, ever stop cheering for them every year. I would not be at all surprised if we make it into the playoffs without Ricky. I am still fired up for my Dolphins and my support will never die.

Go Dolphins!!!!!!!

_

Muck said:
This post was originally in another thread. So excuse the context. But I decided to copy it and some of the responses and create a new thread. Hopefully it helps. :) Anyway, here goes.....

Oh I agree. This is DEFINITELY not a good thing. We had a "triangle" offense so to speak. You gang up on Ricky, we've got the studs to kill you up top and outside. You double up out there, we rip you apart with Ricky. Well, that ended before it began.

BUT....there is a chance that good things could come of this. Perhaps the rest of the team/coaches finally step up because, without Ol' Reliable, everyone involved is forced to elevate themselves for this thing to work. They have no choice but to make themselves accountable.

Remember guys, we've still got an excellent defense. We've still got two outstanding WRs, a dangerous TE, a solid FB, and an OL that can't possibly be as bad as last year's. Plus, our QB play is also very likely to improve immediately. Competition breeds better play. And having a QB coach (and a good one at that) also helps.

This isn't what we wanted to happen. And there are a lot of unknowns in that offensive backfield. But I think Travis Minor has the ability to make some plays. He is quick, fast, and always seems to fall forward and gain bonus yardage. And we will finally see if Leonard Henry was as good as the 9.1 ypc he boasted his senior year at East Carolina.

So while today is a bad day, I'm actually growing excited again. We have nothing left to lose at this point. Nothing is expected of us. We are now the great unknown. And that's a potentially dangerous combination.

Thanks for posting this!

I think that we will be okay and maybe even better. As a Magic fan too, I just went through something like this with McGrady leaving after forcing a trade to the Rockets. At first I was a little disappointed, but after thinking about it, I am more excited about the Magic this year then I have been in a long, long time. Not because I think we will win the championship this year, but because I think our guys will stop relying on McGrady and start playing team ball!

I think the same thing will happen for the Phins. I believe that Minor, Henry and Russell have something to offer. Because the aren't the typical work horse type of back they will force us to be more diversified on offense. Which will actually make it tougher on the defense then just keying in on Ricky. I also think the OL will work much harder to open up holes and substain their blocks as they know Minor and Co. need a little more help to be effective. I think Minor will be surprised at the holes he has to run through.

Steve

Muck I understand but I also believe Ricky has some serious issues of a madical nature, remember he stop taking paxil last year so he replaced it with pot.
Only a pot head do this now, so I understand.
Now if Ricky was gone due to injury instead of this, what are the coaches gonna do.
give up? I doubt it and I think they'll be more creative than last year and also the fins may be more balanced.
I love Ricky but its time to find out how impaortant he really was.

yankeehillbilly said:
Everyone else on offense will step up now just like they did the last time the offensive franchise player retired. Everyone was so much better after Danny quit. Get real....the only possible positive result out of this mess is that it will hopefully hasten the removal of the current administration, from GM to towelboy.

You're not comparing apples to apples. We've got better skill players than we did then.

Gadsden/Shepherd vs Chambers/Boston??
Goodwin/Weaver vs McMichael/Lee?? - The 2000 crew combined for 16 recs.
2000 Konrad vs 2004 Konrad - Vastly superior blocker nowdays

Not even close.

Muck said:
This post was originally in another thread. So excuse the context. But I decided to copy it and some of the responses and create a new thread. Hopefully it helps. :) Anyway, here goes.....

Oh I agree. This is DEFINITELY not a good thing. We had a "triangle" offense so to speak. You gang up on Ricky, we've got the studs to kill you up top and outside. You double up out there, we rip you apart with Ricky. Well, that ended before it began.

BUT....there is a chance that good things could come of this. Perhaps the rest of the team/coaches finally step up because, without Ol' Reliable, everyone involved is forced to elevate themselves for this thing to work. They have no choice but to make themselves accountable.

Remember guys, we've still got an excellent defense. We've still got two outstanding WRs, a dangerous TE, a solid FB, and an OL that can't possibly be as bad as last year's. Plus, our QB play is also very likely to improve immediately. Competition breeds better play. And having a QB coach (and a good one at that) also helps.

GREAT post!:) If a few key players step up, we'll be just fine! Don't forget we finally have a nice schedule for a change! :cooldude:

InMyChambers said:
you people are all insane if you think we are in ANY way better off.

Just Remember, the Texas Rangers are better off today without A Rod. It happens all the time. But to make it happen, i think we need to run the WCO and Trestman needs to step into a bigger role even if he isnt the OC. I am now hoping the Fred Russell ends up being the next #28 from Philly, i forget his name temporarily.

Muck said:

Exactly, Muck. As I was telling my dad this morning, if this team is affected like I am, it would definitely light a fire under their asses and they'd be even more determined to play 110% every down. I have different expectations now, but I"m still equally as excited for this new season.

finfan54 said:
Just Remember, the Texas Rangers are better off today without A Rod. It happens all the time. But to make it happen, i think we need to run the WCO and Trestman needs to step into a bigger role even if he isnt the OC. I am now hoping the Fred Russell ends up being the next #28 from Philly, i forget his name temporarily.

that's a weak point. it's not like they lost a-rod for nothing.

Back
Top Bottom