Don't Let Tua Injury Distract From Fact Coach McDaniel Was Awful vs Bengals | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Don't Let Tua Injury Distract From Fact Coach McDaniel Was Awful vs Bengals

Dolphins were Perfectly Positioned to win the game. No Reason to even call the play that led to the game-sealing int.!
Yeah, but to expect Bridgewater to come in and win the game would be a storybook ending. You are making it seem as though it was a bone-headed play when it wasn't, there was clearly a miscommunication on the play with Gesecki and he doesn't get enough snaps to get gain some rapport with the receivers. Also, factoring this happened to him last year against the same team last season.

Yeah, but to expect Bridgewater to come in and win the game would be a storybook ending. You are making it seem as though it was a bone-headed play when it wasn't, there was clearly a miscommunication on the play with Gesecki and he doesn't get enough snaps to get gain some rapport with the receivers. Also, factoring this happened to him last year against the same team last season.

That looked as bad if not worse then Tua did.

Maybe it was the prime time night game, maybe the pressure and hype of being 3-0? Maybe the negative press of what really was the Tua injury last week vs Buffalo weighing on him, or maybe he's just a rookie coach and things finally caught up with him as they usually do in this league for inexperienced young head coaches.

IMO, McDaniel was out of it right from the coin toss! I'm sorry, but it is a WEAK/POOR decision to DEFER when you win the coin toss. You need to start quick and clean as the saying goes, march down and score some points on your opponent. Especially when you are in their building, it is good to get things going on offense right off the bat and dictate the game. Also, your D was still exhausted from the battle with Buffalo, so why throw them on the field right away? You need to minimize that. So that's a fail in itself by coach.

His game plan was off as well from the start. It got better, but then the Tua injury affected him too emotionally. He's got to be tougher and stronger emotionally to carry on and be strong about it. Next man up, that's it. Save emotions for after game. You have to adjust and figure things out quickly. He simply did not do this and the team played discombobulated just like McDaniel was. This was a LEADERSHIP MOMENT for him and he failed miserably at it.

Settling for short FG's is always a recipe for disaster. When you see your team making 20-27 yd FG's that shows lack of balls/guts going for it on 4th and short for the TD. (inside the 5 or 10 yd line) You are that close, you got to go for the TD, you may never get back to that spot. Twice, he settled for FG's when everyone knew they needed a TD. Bill Belichek, Sean McDermott, those guys go for it in those spots. That's a successful coach move.

Yes it's 1 game and this game was set up for the Dolphins to lose no matter what. The Tua injury and everything surrounding it sting bad. We'll see what McDaniel is made off now, with the 10 day break (much needed). I am hopeful he comes out of it ok and builds off of this. It is almost like it was NEEDED sadly enough. Do we go up from here or is this the beginning of the disaster?

Your opinion SUCKS and has nothing to do with fact. I hear the Jets are looking for fans like you.

How many goddamn times are you going to say the stupid phrase “ill-prepared for contact”?

jim carrey falling GIF
;-)

Maybe it was the prime time night game, maybe the pressure and hype of being 3-0? Maybe the negative press of what really was the Tua injury last week vs Buffalo weighing on him, or maybe he's just a rookie coach and things finally caught up with him as they usually do in this league for inexperienced young head coaches.

IMO, McDaniel was out of it right from the coin toss! I'm sorry, but it is a WEAK/POOR decision to DEFER when you win the coin toss. You need to start quick and clean as the saying goes, march down and score some points on your opponent. Especially when you are in their building, it is good to get things going on offense right off the bat and dictate the game. Also, your D was still exhausted from the battle with Buffalo, so why throw them on the field right away? You need to minimize that. So that's a fail in itself by coach.

His game plan was off as well from the start. It got better, but then the Tua injury affected him too emotionally. He's got to be tougher and stronger emotionally to carry on and be strong about it. Next man up, that's it. Save emotions for after game. You have to adjust and figure things out quickly. He simply did not do this and the team played discombobulated just like McDaniel was. This was a LEADERSHIP MOMENT for him and he failed miserably at it.

Settling for short FG's is always a recipe for disaster. When you see your team making 20-27 yd FG's that shows lack of balls/guts going for it on 4th and short for the TD. (inside the 5 or 10 yd line) You are that close, you got to go for the TD, you may never get back to that spot. Twice, he settled for FG's when everyone knew they needed a TD. Bill Belichek, Sean McDermott, those guys go for it in those spots. That's a successful coach move.

Yes it's 1 game and this game was set up for the Dolphins to lose no matter what. The Tua injury and everything surrounding it sting bad. We'll see what McDaniel is made off now, with the 10 day break (much needed). I am hopeful he comes out of it ok and builds off of this. It is almost like it was NEEDED sadly enough. Do we go up from here or is this the beginning of the disaster?
I was gonna give this a chance. Then you started with the coin toss and decision to defer. Like you know anything behind that decision. Do better! Can’t even read this garbage

I will agree with the OP that the team was a little off. That opening drive where Edmunds dropped a perfectly thrown pass that would have been a touchdown was just the start.

I came away feeling that Miami lost this game more than Cincinnati won it. If that makes sense.

I was a little amazed that, as poorly as the Dolphins played, they trailed 20-15 late and were driving for a potential winning score.

Just too many mistakes in this game, but not sure how much of it was McDaniel or just being so banged up on a short week.

I do hate when teams defer, although that's by the numbers and most teams do that.

I'm okay with that FG late to take the 15-14 lead. I think McDaniel goes for it there with Tua

That third and inches play, where Edmunds was stuffed, really hurt. Maybe you go for it there?

Totally agree-You said it best!
I'll go out on a limb and just throw this caveat out there, Bridgewater looked shaky right from the start last night and that may have affected the calls from McDaniel. I cannot be specific just a thought. After Tua's unfortunate sack I could hardly pay attention to the game I was in a funk the rest of the night and into this morning.

I'll go out on a limb and just throw this caveat out there, Bridgewater looked shaky right from the start last night and that may have affected the calls from McDaniel. I cannot be specific just a thought. After Tua's unfortunate sack I could hardly pay attention to the game I was in a funk the rest of the night and into this morning.
Yep agree-I'm in major football depression. I don't care to watch another game right now. I know it's "only" football, but to finally have a shot at the brass ring and then have the rug pulled out from you is a tough pill to swallow. Fins were finally relevant. Now it's back to obscurity and having the team being a laughingstock yet again---unless of course Tua can get well and rise from the ashes!!! Because Teddy ain't steady and Sky ain't ready!

Back
Top Bottom