Don’t rush to buy a Miami Dolphins Jarvis Landry jersey just yet | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Don’t rush to buy a Miami Dolphins Jarvis Landry jersey just yet

He plays with heart and passion if everyone else did we wouldn't suck. I'd take a whole team of Landry's. He isn't out there to make friends it's football a violent sport half these fans think he is supposed to act like it's a tea party
That's not heart and passion, it's stupidity.

Landry hurt his chances for top 5 money by acting like an asshat those last two games.

That said, I want him back. He’s still very young and is our best player w the ball in his hands.

Some of you crack me up wanting our best player gone starting a fight. This is football. Not a golf game... Yall ridiculous.. Landry will be a Dolphin next year. Book it

Some of you crack me up wanting our best player gone starting a fight. This is football. Not a golf game... Yall ridiculous.. Landry will be a Dolphin next year. Book it

I don't know, it feels like they're headed for a divorce here.

I could be wrong.

I really soured on Landry after what I saw the last 2 weeks of the season. Just when the news broke of contract talks, he goes off on a hissy fit. No class. I love his passion and determination, but man, he’s a loose cannon. That was embarrassing to watch, seeing what transpired during the Bills game. I’d understand if they let him walk.

You do realize that he was only ejected for saying something to the official. Drake was the one who chucked the helmet and that was because he was being choked by the guy on the other team.

Just about every other time Laundry gets hit, he gets up acting like a fool. He is a good player, but he needs to grow up. I don't see it happening. He is as bad as his buddy in NY, who acts like a complete jackass also.

Fighting is part of football, it is much LESS a part of football today than it used to be.

Running the WRONG routes and not knowing the correct plays and having to be told where to line up is a MUCH bigger problem.

The WHOLE team lacks what they call, 'situational awareness' which reflects on the coaching staff.

They don't need an expensive slot WR along with a super expensive DT.

The plays that he is used on can be run by plenty of other guys.

Look at what the Patriots have done with that position.

He’s stupid. There’s no way around that simple obvious fact. He makes great plays, but he’s just moving the chains. Nothing players aren’t expected to do. And then the very stupid things players are not supposed to do. He’s better than Davon Bess, but not really by that much.

All this talk about moving Landry seems crazy to me. Want to know the real reason he was acting like that? Because it was a losing season and an overall disappointing one. It wasn’t until we were mathematically eliminated from the playoffs that he stared acting out. It doesn’t excuse his behavior but if the team was winning, do you think it all still plays out the same?

Remember early in the year when we were, what, 4-2...he was the one GETTING us 15 yards, not causing them. That kind of passion is a double edged sword and if the team is clicking on all cylinders, there’s no value you can put on it.

It seems to me that Parker is the one that needs to get shopped. Someone earlier stated that all Landry does is move the chains. Well yeah, of course! That’s what he’s built for! And he’s doing it better than just about anyone in the league! The reason that’s all he’s doing, though, is becaue Parker has yet to pull his own weight and stretch the field the way HE is built for. Imagine what Landry can bring the team when he’s not the defense’s biggest worry.

Keep him, find a way to win, and let natural maturity take its course. Even the roudiest of players eventually settle down and they learn to control their emotions. The best way to see what we have in Landry is imagining him wearing another jersey and helping that team. How many times, as a Fins fan, have we seen former Dolphin lighting it up and thinking “we let another one go”. Hell, remember Reshard Mathews? What’s he up to these days? Not much, just leading his team in receptions and in the divisional round of the playoffs.

yeah if you aren't keeping him you should have traded him at the deadline

don't look past this could all be just posturing...

Not only kept him, apparantely he wasn't on the trade block period (Certainly compensation can make him available in a hurry).

A ton of posturing going on, nobody should taking anything out of these pressers as far as "roster management" goes.

I think if the Dolphins took a "most popular player" poll . . . Jarvis wins and rather easily at that. 2 million AAV (say 12 to 14 million) won't keep this deal from happening. Ross knows Jarvis is marketable and has been a real solid community guy. Gase knows how much Jarvis means to the offense and Ryan Tannehill in general . . . .this deal gets done.

I still think Parker could be the guy that they look to seek offers on. Certainly the offense's highest potential would have him on the team but I am not certain how good that relationship is with him and Gase. Miami will certainly test the water here to at least check the temperature.

The Dolphins will re-sign Landy and look to move Kenny Stills.

The west coast kid will have a lot of suitors much closer to his San Diego home town.

Go right up the coast until you hit Seattle, every one of those teams, Chargers, Rams, Niners, Raiders and Seahawks could use Kenny Stills. All those teams have their franchise QB and even though Rivers might have 1 season left you know they need to go all out.

With Jakeem Grant looking like Tyreek Hill every so often we need to explore that more. I've appreciated what Stills has brought, if we can make the $$ work on a trade and clear what we can now, it needs to happen.

Expected compensation, swapping a 4th for a 3rd seems fair, depending on the team/slotting.

Edit: I edited this post to correct the spelling of Tyreek Hill's name from Tyreke.....It looks stupid either way you spell it.

I think it would be a mistake to think Grant can replace Kenny. Grant needs to be used just like they did late in the season.

He plays with heart and passion if everyone else did we wouldn't suck. I'd take a whole team of Landry's. He isn't out there to make friends it's football a violent sport half these fans think he is supposed to act like it's a tea party
Head butting and pointing upfield after every positive play isn't passion. There are plenty of classy fiery players not built like Landry. I'll take what the team is sold on.
He's a talented player but he isn't a must have.

Some teams have the privilege to let go of star players who have minor issues. We are not one of those teams. This board highly underestimates how important Jarvis is to this team, low YPC and penalties or not.

I personally dont think his ejection the other day is a minor issue!!, and that behavior is getting more and more frequent!

Landry hurt his chances for top 5 money by acting like an asshat those last two games.

That said, I want him back. He’s still very young and is our best player w the ball in his hands.

4 fumbles...2nd most in the nfl by WR(Stills was the worst.). Not really indicative of the best player with the ball in his hands. He is completely invisible when his route is greater than < 5 yards. That isn’t a characteristic that you look for in a WR.

I am a huge Jarvis fan, and I already have the jersey, but I don’t want Miami to sign him. I would love to have him for what he is worth, but I think that is about half of what is he asking. His only elite stat is receptions, and that is inflated by screen passes. Every other stat line is average or worse. I honestly would rather Grant take his place then us to spend top dollar for Jarvis.

Back
Top Bottom