Don't Want A Rookie On the 2014 OL | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Don't Want A Rookie On the 2014 OL

All very fair points. I still think you can plug him in and not worry about Pass Pro. On the field they're very comparable (AC and Fat Al). Collins played 389 passing snaps, allowed just 13 hurries and 1 QB hit. That's not even over a full season since he was getting shifted in and out. By comparison Albert was in protection for 555 snaps, yield 16 hurries, 6 hits and 4 sacks. If you average Collins' #'s over 555 snaps you get 18 hurries, 1 QB hit and 0 sacks.

Thats not really a fair comparison because 166 snaps could break you down and there is also more predictability of pass which calls for more pass rush. if the snaps were closer i would accept the stats.

All very fair points. I still think you can plug him in and not worry about Pass Pro. On the field they're very comparable (AC and Fat Al). Collins played 389 passing snaps, allowed just 13 hurries and 1 QB hit. That's not even over a full season since he was getting shifted in and out. By comparison Albert was in protection for 555 snaps, yield 16 hurries, 6 hits and 4 sacks. If you average Collins' #'s over 555 snaps you get 18 hurries, 1 QB hit and 0 sacks.

Agreed but, I also believe that if you put Clabo or Martin on KC that they would not have been anywhere near as bad. If any D knows you cannot run, and pins their ears back to go after the QB, there are few guys on the OL who can hold their own. Run blocking is beyond any semblance of defense of the OL.

Thats not really a fair comparison because 166 snaps could break you down and there is also more predictability of pass which calls for more pass rush. if the snaps were closer i would accept the stats.

It was more to illustrate that they both excel there. I don't really get what your saying about "there is also more predictability of pass which calls for more pass rush". Don't see how that makes any sense in this situation. I also don't think a guy is very likely to break down over another 166 snaps with a low snap count, sure he could get injured but that a what if scenario. If you want you could always tack on his 89 in pass pro from 2012 and 21 from 2013. That gets him up to 499 snaps. That would leave him at 16 hurries, 1 QB hit, no sacks. So for his career he's played similar snaps to Albert and is yet to yield a sack. I urge you to rewatch a game, key in on each one and see how big a difference you see.

Agreed but, I also believe that if you put Clabo or Martin on KC that they would not have been anywhere near as bad. If any D knows you cannot run, and pins their ears back to go after the QB, there are few guys on the OL who can hold their own. Run blocking is beyond any semblance of defense of the OL.

This is true but at the same time maybe KC doesnt have to running game they have with clabo or martin in their. The holes werent there half the time so its not all the runner

It was more to illustrate that they both excel there. I don't really get what your saying about "there is also more predictability of pass which calls for more pass rush". Don't see how that makes any sense in this situation. I also don't think a guy is very likely to break down over another 166 snaps with a low snap count, sure he could get injured but that a what if scenario. If you want you could always tack on his 89 in pass pro from 2012 and 21 from 2013. That gets him up to 499 snaps. That would leave him at 16 hurries, 1 QB hit, no sacks. So for his career he's played similar snaps to Albert and is yet to yield a sack. I urge you to rewatch a game, key in on each one and see how big a difference you see.

I must not be understanding what you mean. I meant that when a guy is dropping back 555 times your more likely to send more pressure than if you have a guy who is dropping back 389.

I must not be understanding what you mean. I meant that when a guy is dropping back 555 times your more likely to send more pressure than if you have a guy who is dropping back 389.

Collins has a smaller snap count cause he was a backup start of the year, and shuffled in and out quite a bit when they were figuring how to make their OL work. Bengals definitely passed the ball on average more than the Chiefs, so if anything his snaps probably had more rushers.

Collins has a smaller snap count cause he was a backup start of the year, and shuffled in and out quite a bit when they were figuring how to make their OL work. Bengals definitely passed the ball on average more than the Chiefs, so if anything his snaps probably had more rushers.

Ok i was not aware collins was a backup. makes sense for the lower snap count.

Back
Top Bottom