Dorail Green-Beckham | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dorail Green-Beckham

This is high risk high reward, but I remember a former regime passing on a fellow by the name of Randy Moss. I'd be in favor of rolling the dice if he's there.

Due diligence is kind of a cop out in this situation. There is already A LOT there . . . stuff that people choose to ignore because of measureables. Even if he interviews well and "nothing else" pops up . . . it's a risk based on how raw he is and the type of WR he'd be for the Miami Dolphins and Ryan Tannehill. I just look at Kevin White and I see a guy who isn't as tall, but is a better route runner, has better hands, tremendous ball skills and is a better fit for Ryan Tannehill.

I'll say this, if we selected him at 14, I'd feel good about it, because it means we worked him out, sat with him, and all things on the table we felt good about drafting him at 14. That's my team making a decision on a great talent . . . . but projecting it now, I don't see that being the case. Definitely not at 14.

Thats what I meant about due diligence....you fully investigate the situations.....and evaluate him mentally, physically etc etc etc

Obviously if they come away feeling he is a punk.....pass.

DGB is certainly talented, I don't think anybody is denying that. But there are A LOT of hurdles, lack of film and experience . . . and my goodness is he raw. He is not really a "fit" for this offense to begin with . . . guys like this usually take 'a few' years to take off and reach their higher potential levels, if they ever do. You combine all that, with the character issues . . . . it's not a "smart decision" at 14.
"Far less talented" . . . I think at this stage, especially when talking Cooper, DGB and White, there is no such thing as "far less talented".

More than likely White & Cooper will be off the board.....if not then yes I would take them as safer versions...but they will be gone.

More than likely White & Cooper will be off the board.....if not then yes I would take them as safer versions...but they will be gone.

Yep, after today, there is no shot for those guys . . . and even Parker is in question. Jalean Strong is in the mix for top 20 consideration.

This is high risk high reward, but I remember a former regime passing on a fellow by the name of Randy Moss. I'd be in favor of rolling the dice if he's there.

And Randy was drafted 21st . . . in comparison, passing on DGB in round 2 would be a better comparison. In round 1 it shouldn't enter into the thought process.

The name dropping in this thread must be flattering to DGB though. First Megatron, the greatest WR prospect of all time and then Randy Moss, arguably the greatest overall talent at WR of all time.

Why do people keep saying this . . . the off the field stuff isn't going to disappear . . . it's there. Who is taking him top 10? Maybe Al Davis (RIP) but his 40 time probably isn't fast enough for that.

Seriously, the guy is very RAW and reasonable expectations give him 2 years minimum to put it all together.

NFL Network did a great comparison . . . Vincent Jackson. Took VJax season 4 to put it all together, with Rivers/Brees throwing him passes. Raw former basketball players, even more impressive measureables than DGB and a clean background with Army parents. He went 61st overall.

Top 10 talk is just insane and just over dramatic at this point.

Its simple...you either become comfortable that he has learned and matured from his mistakes made as a young man....or you don't.

Part of that is due diligence in interviewing everyone in his sphere of influence...and formulating an an opinion of where his head is at.

And Randy was drafted 21st . . . in comparison, passing on DGB in round 2 would be a better comparison. In round 1 it shouldn't enter into the thought process.

The name dropping in this thread must be flattering to DGB though. First Megatron, the greatest WR prospect of all time and then Randy Moss, arguably the greatest overall talent at WR of all time.

If you'd like I could also name drop on some busts with similar measurables, potential and off-field issues. Charles Rogers and Matt Jones come to mind pretty quickly. But don't tell me that 15 GM's wouldn't have drafted Moss ahead of the Vikings if they could see the future. Of course it's a risk, otherwise we'd be penning him to go to the Raiders or Jets near the top of the draft instead of this thread. I'm just saying that if his workouts and interviews go well (especially the interviews) and he's there at 14, especially if guys we may have targeted like White and Parker are gone, he may be worth the flyer. If he does fall to the second round (which I find doubtful....someone will roll the dice before then) I hope we don't hesitate.

They also did with Dez Bryant. There are certain moments where the reward outweighs the risk with Moss and Bryant being examples and this could be one of them. At some point you have to make a pick that could change the landscape of your franchise. DGB could be that. Playing it safe all the time, and shying away from mistakes made by college kids, is a recipe for being 7-9 and 8-8. Oh wait.......

I'm catching up on the combine.... missed it all and really havent found replays yet of the gauntlet and other WR drills.... does anyone know where I can watch or find???

also can anyone tell me how DGB did in the gauntlet and WR drills... compared to other WRs as well.... thanks for the help

DGB looked really good. Looked smooth out there…plucked the ball out of the air..showed strong hands. I thought he showed some crisp routes…fluid looking which was impressive.

Maybe I'm blind but I saw a nice player, not anything special. DGB didn't have much suddeness and certainly can't run that many routes. His combine results were average based on broad jump vertical. Pass at 14, don't get caught in the hype, Strong is better.

Last edited by a moderator:
baby sitting 101 he can play but need stay out club in s florida... red flag

How can people say the Fins will take guys off the board that have a "history"? Damien Williams and Walt Aikens did. They are about to sign Pouncey longterm.

DGB is incredible talent that IF he seems to have grown up and comes into this thing in great shape, he could be an absolute difference maker at WR.

People are confusing character issues off the field with players that might challenge the HC and his authority. The latter are the ones that need not apply.

Plus we have Wilson who went to jail for murder

Ozzy rules!!

I don't know if we should draft Beckham or not but we need to take a WR in the first 2 rounds. This class of WRs is as good as last year's and we need one of them to pair with Landry. Don't get shout out of at least 1. I'd like for 1 of the top 3 at 14 but if they're all gone I'd try to move down and get onevthere or in round 2. The NFL is a passing league and we need alk the weapons we can get for Tannehill

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom