Dowell Loggains is new OC | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dowell Loggains is new OC

This is the entire problem with the NFL, screw interviewing people just bring in your boys. Even the top coaches do this but it is a reason that minority coaches are well in the minority of coaching positions in the NFL.

This is the entire problem with the NFL, screw interviewing people just bring in your boys. Even the top coaches do this but it is a reason that minority coaches are well in the minority of coaching positions in the NFL.

It has worked for the pats for years...how many of the coaches that have left became something special.

Good coaches tend to pick assistants that work/lead in the systems they want. We’ll see with Gase.

It has worked for the pats for years...how many of the coaches that have left became something special.

Good coaches tend to pick assistants that work/lead in the systems they want. We’ll see with Gase.

When GAse does anything like BB get back to me. Show me any examples of BB hiring an OC that has not had success anywhere and is now on their third stint.

When GAse does anything like BB get back to me. Show me any examples of BB hiring an OC that has not had success anywhere and is now on their third stint.

Yeah, because BB didn't hire Weis who he worked with in NY or Josh McDaniel who had been a long time New England assistant. This is how football works, you hire who you know and trust.

He has never developed anybody at qb and has not done a great job of even keeping an OC job. We are stint number 3 and he isn't even 40 lol

Jake Locker, who played well when he was there.

Yeah, because BB didn't hire Weis who he worked with in NY or Josh McDaniel who had been a long time New England assistant. This is how football works, you hire who you know and trust.

Worked out quite well for Loggins other coaches that hired him as OC. Maybe it works out but this is not some great hire, he is in his third OC job for a reason. Who knows he may be the first OC fired three times before he is 40, that is an accomplishment I guess

You do realize both players you named did not bounce around the league getting coaches fired until they just happened to be scooped up by BB, BB developed Mcdanials and Wiess followed parcells and BB.
Quite a different scenario

While bringing in people you know makes hiring easier and promises to bring chemistry. It inherently makes it more difficult to correct bad habits and fire.

For all of the positives in hiring people you know, there are more negatives that prevent good business/management practices.

This is not a scheme discussion. This is an education in good management. Never manage family or friends.

While bringing in people you know makes hiring easier and promises to bring chemistry. It inherently makes it more difficult to correct bad habits and fire.

For all of the positives in hiring people you know, there are more negatives that prevent good business/management practices.

This is not a scheme discussion. This is an education in good management. Never manage family or friends.

The problem with the offense has been the front office and the horrible play calling this year

Next season has the potential to be toxic. Gase keeps hiring his unproductive, unproven buddies and not holding them accountable while him and his buddies take no issue with throwing players under the bus.

Next season has the potential to be toxic. Gase keeps hiring his unproductive, unproven buddies and not holding them accountable while him and his buddies take no issue with throwing players under the bus.
I respect your opinion bro, but I respectfully disagree. I am pretty sure this was brought to his attention already. Let's see what the new influx of coaches can do with the existing next year.

I think people were hoping Gase was lying when he said he wouldn’t give up play calling, and he would have hired someone who has had success where ever he went. Instead we got a guy who has been part of utter failures in his two other chances as an OC.

For better or worse this is Adams team. I’m glad he got his guy. I hope it is exactly what he needs and leads him to a drastic improvement. I, from the bottom of my heart, want Adam to be the best coach, and be a great success. Intellectually I think next year our HC, GM, and president gets fired after another 6-10 season.

I can feel your pain

I respect your opinion bro, but I respectfully disagree. I am pretty sure this was brought to his attention already. Let's see what the new influx of coaches can do with the existing next year.

I hope i'm wrong too but this looks like turmoil from the outside looking in. The state of the team press conference wasn't exactly encouraging and shifting around the offensive staff isn't a good sign either. The wide 9 defense is way too inconsistent and yet we're not making any adjustments to that staff or scheme. Gase has a tendency to blame his players not named Cutler or Tannehill without holding anyone on his staff responsible for their mishaps. Its a recipe for losing a team.

I hope i'm wrong too but this looks like turmoil from the outside looking in. The state of the team press conference wasn't exactly encouraging and shifting around the offensive staff isn't a good sign either. The wide 9 defense is way too inconsistent and yet we're not making any adjustments to that staff or scheme. Gase has a tendency to blame his players not named Cutler or Tannehill without holding anyone on his staff responsible for their mishaps. Its a recipe for losing a team.
I think Coach Gase took the heat so long for his players and then the frustration came out in the press rather than staying in the locker room. I think you are seeing him holding the staff accountable by changing coaches. I don't think the changes are done just quite yet. When you are a leader as I am speaking from a management background the only way you get better is to learn from your mistakes to which you become a stronger leader for them. I am hoping Coach Gase learns from what went well and what needs improvement. Have a great weekend!

Back
Top Bottom