Down the road: Winslow Jr to Miami? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Down the road: Winslow Jr to Miami?

Winslow's got a better chance of landing with the Cards or the Raiders. He would round out outstanding rec. corps those teams have, and give them both a much needed presence in the middle.

Another nut case, that's just what the Dolphins need.:confused:

We can only hope not.:shakeno:

I would much rather sign McMichael to a long term contract than have a player on this team that is as injury prone as Winslow. I do agree that he is a great talent, but not worth the risk due to injuries IMO.

Agua said:
It really isn't that far fetched. McMike is gonna be looking for beauxcoup bucks about the time Winslow may be humbled such that a Boston type contract is all he can get and mandates he finally gets his head on straight.

I understand the strong feeling Dolfans have not wanting him here, but I dont think its a stretch to say he could end up here at some point.

I can't undersatnd how this post still has life.....

One of the worst topics that I've ever seen open for discussion here in a long time. No offense Mike, but what the hell were you thinking???....

Winslow in a punk, and a very overrated player too. We've already got two TE's on the roster who are better than he is. Why would we, let alone anyone in the NFL be interested in adding Winslow???...

PHINZ RULE!!!

BLITZKRIEG said:

One of the worst topics that I've ever seen open for discussion here in a long time. No offense Mike, but what the hell were you thinking???....

Winslow in a punk, and a very overrated player too. We've already got two TE's on the roster who are better than he is. Why would we, let alone anyone in the NFL be interested in adding Winslow???...

PHINZ RULE!!!
How do you really feel?

I suppose the post is still alive because people have some pretty strong feelings about Winslow Jr. He is a high pick that has flaundered and his arrogant behavior brings out some strong opinion. As I mentioned earlier, I wondered what the response would be about this idea. He clearly has turned off NFL fans with his nonsense.

BTW- I'm curious to hear why Winslow Jr was so highly rated across the board in last years draft? If you say he's over-rated what do you base that on? I understood him to be a sure top 10 selection and the best in a long time at his position. Are you saying he wasn't as productive in college as our current TE's? I had the understanding that he had been very productive at the U of Miami???

BLITZKRIEG said:

PHINZ RULE!!!
I think a lot of us agree.

I dont want a F'in soldier.

Motorcycle: 1
Fawkinsoldier: 0

This topic isn't even worth discussion IMO. It's nothing personal, it's just not worth wasting time on IMO....

I watched Winslow at UM all the time, and to be quite honest, I knew he'd be a joke at the NFL level. His attitude, arrogance, and ego were all he really showcased at UM IMO. Any TE in college could have done well in that offense, and just because his last name is Winslow, he gets his *** kissed by every talent scout in the NFL....

He's a joke compared to McMicheal or Lee IMO. Why would we even consider this guy coming to Miami, just because he played college here??? That's not a very convincing reason IMO. You can call him what you want, I'll call him a bust....

PHINZ RULE!!!

I would much rather have Sean Taylor.

BLITZKRIEG said:
This topic isn't even worth discussion IMO. It's nothing personal, it's just not worth wasting time on IMO....

I watched Winslow at UM all the time, and to be quite honest, I knew he'd be a joke at the NFL level. His attitude, arrogance, and ego were all he really showcased at UM IMO. Any TE in college could have done well in that offense, and just because his last name is Winslow, he gets his *** kissed by every talent scout in the NFL....

He's a joke compared to McMicheal or Lee IMO. Why would we even consider this guy coming to Miami, just because he played college here??? That's not a very convincing reason IMO. You can call him what you want, I'll call him a bust....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Kellen only started two years at miami, and the last season he didn't even put up good numbers. He has so much talent, that's why his *** was kissed by every NFL scout. I'm sure if you watched a highlight reel of kellen, you'd change your mind.

gofins said:
I would much rather have Sean Taylor.
Funny too because didnt Winslow Jr and S. Taylor clash big time at the U of M and it came out nationally during draft week last year? If I recall correctly, they hate each other and both wanted to be drafted first by Washington and Taylor won out?

BLITZKRIEG said:

PHINZ RULE!!!
So you think Donald Lee is a great player? I must be missing something because I've seen him fumble after the catch in tight games, drop passes when he was wide open, and really not stand out at all so far. But I do hope he makes the roster this year and improves. I think our Rookie TE Holmes from USC will be our #2 TE this year when its all said and done. I'd take a healthy Winslow jr over Donald Lee in a hearbeat. Headcase or not he's a much better player IMO. Jerk or not I think its important to see past that and look at playmaking ability. Winslow Jr has made more plays than Lee.
His latest hardships will humble that guy too. He's already starting to sign the I'm so sorry song to the Browns fans. He's having humble pie all this season.

DOLFANMIKE said:
So you think Donald Lee is a great player? I must be missing something becasue I've seen him fumble after the catch in tight games, drop passes when he was wide open, and really not stand out at all so far. But I do hope he makes the roster this year and improves.

I don't think Lee is a great TE, but he's certainly better than Winslow. At least he's smart enough to stay healthy, and be able to contribute once the season gets started. That's a player. Winslow has yet to even play a single down after two straight years of season ending injuries. The latter being out of nothing more than his own typical, ego driven stupidity....

If I had to choose, I would take Lee over Winslow any day of the week. Lee has the potential to be very dangerous, and he reminds me very much of McMicheal. The two of them together at TE are just fine with me....

PHINZ RULE!!!

BLITZKRIEG said:
I don't think Lee is a great TE, but he's certainly better than Winslow. At least he's smart enough to stay healthy, and be able to contribute once the season gets started. That's a player. Winslow has yet to even play a single down after two straight years of season ending injuries. The latter being out of nothing more than his own typical, ego driven stupidity....

If I had to choose, I would take Lee over Winslow any day of the week. Lee has the potential to be very dangerous, and he reminds me very much of McMicheal. The two of them together at TE are just fine with me....

PHINZ RULE!!!
I can respect that, but why then do you think Winslow Jr was such a highly regarded player by scouts across the board on Draft day? He clearly wasnt slipping out of the top 10 by any means. Of course now we have the ability to look back and see his failings and laugh at him for being an arrogant fool, but the guy made some amazing plays at Miami.

Back
Top Bottom