Down the road: Winslow Jr to Miami? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Down the road: Winslow Jr to Miami?

DOLFANMIKE said:
Something I've thought about since his rocky road began in Cleveland is that Winslow Jr may get run out of Cleveland soon. He's mouthed off, done some pretty stupid things, and come off in a way that has rubbed alot of his teammates the wrong way. Now after the latest motorcycle debachle he's violated a clause in his contract and injured himself in the process to the point that he will again miss the season. Now he and the team are about to go to war over his money as they want to recoup some of his bonus money.

I wont be surprised if the Browns dump him at some point soon and from there he goes to San Diego (due to his fathers past there) or back home to Miami. He is the poster boy now for bad transitions into the NFL.

:hide:

Yeah, sure, he'll be here in Miami...but it'll be visiting the Canes...won't be here...he may not even play ball again..and even if he can return...will he be the same guy ?? Not very likely...Just say NO to rugs and KWII !!!!

ckparrothead said:
I'm with you DOLFANMIKE. You have done a good job identifying a situation that could affect Miami somewhere down the road.

My BEST GUESS for what is going to happen to Randy McMichael, is he will play out this year and have himself a career year, Miami will slap the franchise tag on him, and then trade him to collect a fairly high draft pick (I'm not sure if it will be a 1st rounder, but it would definitely be a 2nd rounder after McMike has the kind of year he's in store for this year).

In the NFL you just don't pay tight ends the kind of money he wants unless his name is Antonio Gates or Tony Gonzales.

Some time down the road, possibly in 2006, but more likely in 2007, Kellen Jr. will likely cut ties with the Browns. He will be at the bottom of the barrel so everyone that is worried about making any kind of commitment to Kellen, please don't worry. Nobody that picks up Kellen at that point will have him as their "Option A" and that includes especially the Dolphins.

But, if Kellen grows up and gets healthy, yes he's a special talent at the tight end position waiting to happen. He's also damaged goods right now, so the best expectation for him is that he has a one or two season revival with some team that he ends up with, and that team very well could be Miami because I believe Miami would be the FIRST team he looks at, especially with Saban here...and he will also look at how McMichael had a career year in this offense and turned that into a big money contract with whatever team ends up trading for him, and that will be very attractive to Winslow in 2007.

We're predicting way far out, but I have to hand it to DOLFANMIKE, this is a very plausible possibility.

Exactly. Think down the road, people. Obviously we aren't dumping Randy this year for Kellen. Think what might happen in 2 years. Great post.

enigmatics said:
You're drawing a random assocation from the fact the the Dolphins are from Miami and he played at a university named Miami. Other than that there's absolutely no correlation. But if we're going to focus that deep into the future, there's going to be better options to come. The only reason we'd want him anyways is if he ever kicked his shmuck attitude and put up great numbers. At that point, if he were to achieve that, he'd be too expensive which would make the point of us signing him ridiculous, especially if we're not gonna pay McMichael good money.

C'mon guys. Seriously. Nothin' to this one. Kellen Winslow stands a .03% chance of ever being a Dolphin. Please O' please can the regular season get going already so this kind of stuff doesn't get made up!?!? :shakeno:

I don't think anyone is predicting this will happen. Just saying it is a possibility. Stranger things have happened. And it's not like we aren't making a history of reclaimation projects with issues.

Where do they come up with this stuff.. This guy never plays here we already have a pro bowl type TE.. Randy!

Winslow is damaged goods physically and mentally, he would be a good fit if he would let some one coaches him.

DOLFANMIKE said:
Something I've thought about since his rocky road began in Cleveland is that Winslow Jr may get run out of Cleveland soon. He's mouthed off, done some pretty stupid things, and come off in a way that has rubbed alot of his teammates the wrong way. Now after the latest motorcycle debachle he's violated a clause in his contract and injured himself in the process to the point that he will again miss the season. Now he and the team are about to go to war over his money as they want to recoup some of his bonus money.

I wont be surprised if the Browns dump him at some point soon and from there he goes to San Diego (due to his fathers past there) or back home to Miami. He is the poster boy now for bad transitions into the NFL.

:hide:

Pure speculation. Not allowed around here.

(or at least isn't that what you believe)

phinphan11 said:
I, for one don't care for him or his arrogance.
He is nothing like his dad, the way his dad carried himself with class, and so much respect for the game. I don't want him in a Dolphin uniform either.

enigmatics said:
You're drawing a random assocation from the fact the the Dolphins are from Miami and he played at a university named Miami. Other than that there's absolutely no correlation. But if we're going to focus that deep into the future, there's going to be better options to come. The only reason we'd want him anyways is if he ever kicked his shmuck attitude and put up great numbers. At that point, if he were to achieve that, he'd be too expensive which would make the point of us signing him ridiculous, especially if we're not gonna pay McMichael good money.

C'mon guys. Seriously. Nothin' to this one. Kellen Winslow stands a .03% chance of ever being a Dolphin. Please O' please can the regular season get going already so this kind of stuff doesn't get made up!?!? :shakeno:
The Miami connection is that he already has a fan base from the U of Miami crowd. Thus he has some support here.

Big question isn't what NFL team he might play for, but will he ever play in the NFL? Are these Yatil Green type injuries he's suffered?

MikeO said:
Pure speculation. Not allowed around here.

(or at least isn't that what you believe)
Mike. Again, since this is about the 5th time you've posted this garbage,....

SPECULATION wasnt your problem. Your problem was that you were placing blame on a specific individual with a lack of knowledge of the true situation. Men dont do that Mike O. In fact, based on the PM's I got after calling you out saying "way to go for calling him out" its obvious others agreed with me!

Notice the difference. I'm not placing any blame here on anyone. I'm not saying that I have a secret inside media source. I'm not saying anything other than a player on another team may end up here some day based on a lose association to Miami.

Obviously calling you out on your behavior really must have hit a nerve since you are making it your lifes objective to post the same misinformation on every speculative post I make. Behavior like this from you is likely why your Miami Dolphins website died and why you are back here at Finheaven, the best board on the net!

Kellen Winslow Jr. is a tremendous athlete and could've started out his career great if it wasn't injuries and bad luck. The guy looks irresponsible and immature after they showed the video of him in the parking lot on his motorcycle. By no means if he an All Pro TE, but he has the potential to be... and this is just hurting him even more by not being out on the field. The injury he had last year was bad enough and took a long a$$ time to heal and now he's injured again and will miss the entire season. Bad luck and immaturity has hurt him and his career may be in jeopardy if he's not able to get back on track. I don't see why there's any reason to believe he could be coming to Miami and even if there was any, it would be too early to know. I think if Randy McMichael has a good season he'll be signed long term and will have a long successfuol career here in Miami. We also have a young talented TE in Alex Holmes who I think could possibly make the team for us this year and be a good servicable back-up. I don't think Winslow will be headed to Miami and I don't know what Cleveland is going to do with him. My guess is keep him and give him one more chance, but if he has a season ending injury next year, his career may be over.

Back
Top Bottom