Draft baker mayfield otherwise go grab a "2nd tier qb" later on..... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft baker mayfield otherwise go grab a "2nd tier qb" later on.....

"With the 11th pick in the 2018 NFL draft, the Miami Dolphins select: Baker Mayfield QB Oklahoma"

Ryan Tannehill hears the news:
DZucmGOV4AA07LJ.jpg

Edmunds or Fitzpatrick are the only ones worth it at 11. However, I'm just not a big Mayfield guy.

Drop if none are available.

Said this before, but we’re in great position to trade out and get best TE available 1st round and then have 2 seconds , and can fill holes.

QBs are typically ready to go in year one now. Even someone like Watson who people said was raw came in on a tear in 2017. If Gase's guy isn't on the board at #11, then I wouldn't prioritize QB later. I don't want to pick a QB just to pick a QB. I'd just wait until it's time to move on from Tannehill and draft a QB in the first round that year.

The only QBs in this draft that I like for the Dolphins are Mayfield and Rosen.

let be real
if you draft qb and started him day one. we would still won 6 to 8 games. in 2018
if thill17 is started and we won less than 9 game you are better off with rookie.
og would be nice if he can start day one.
olb need be starter

To me the quarterbacks rate in this order: Josh Rosen, Lamar Jackson, Baker Mayfield, Josh Allen, Sam Darnold, Luke Falk. I think Cleveland shocks the world and takes Sequan Barkley first and Lamar Jackson with the fourth pick unless they can buffalo (LOL) some team into trading there. Imagine the Browns with that tandem for starters in this draft and getting even more picks? So I am thinking Darnold will be there when Miami picks and not sure we would take him over Vita Vea, Roquan Smith or Tremain Edmunds. There’s even a chance Chubb slips a couple spots and is there. BPA in that spot would be hard to decide on there. Lamar Jackson is going to light it up for at least a couple of seasons until they figure him out and it’s going to be a fun ride for somebody.

To me the quarterbacks rate in this order: Josh Rosen, Lamar Jackson, Baker Mayfield, Josh Allen, Sam Darnold, Luke Falk. I think Cleveland shocks the world and takes Sequan Barkley first and Lamar Jackson with the fourth pick unless they can buffalo (LOL) some team into trading there. Imagine the Browns with that tandem for starters in this draft and getting even more picks? So I am thinking Darnold will be there when Miami picks and not sure we would take him over Vita Vea, Roquan Smith or Tremain Edmunds. There’s even a chance Chubb slips a couple spots and is there. BPA in that spot would be hard to decide on there. Lamar Jackson is going to light it up for at least a couple of seasons until they figure him out and it’s going to be a fun ride for somebody.
Dude, you're describing RGIII Part Deux. Who'd want that? I sure don't. Not saying anything against JACKSON, just your "floor" for him isn't what I'd want out of our 1st round QB, whomever that is.

tenor.gif

Because I hate the jets so much, I really, really, really , really, really, REALLY hope they are STUPID enough to waste their high QB pick on shill homie wannabe "athlete" masquerading-as- QB lamar jackson.

It could not happen to a better team.

dolphins are not drafting a qb they are talking about it to much

You only take a QB, if it's in the 1st and your moving on from RT. That's not happening. Which makes the draft a QB later advocating, silly.

Why invest in a late round QB, with absolutely no place for him on the team? But with that said, Tannenbaum never ceases to amaze me with his stupidity, so I guess it's possible.

baker mayfield, lmao. c'mon man. and wtf does 'taking bpa' even mean anyway? how do you know who the best player is? everyone is guessing. everyone!

Back
Top Bottom