Draft baker mayfield otherwise go grab a "2nd tier qb" later on..... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft baker mayfield otherwise go grab a "2nd tier qb" later on.....

You only take a QB, if it's in the 1st and your moving on from RT. That's not happening. Which makes the draft a QB later advocating, silly.

Why invest in a late round QB, with absolutely no place for him on the team? But with that said, Tannenbaum never ceases to amaze me with his stupidity, so I guess it's possible.
I agree lated rd is waste of time he will never see field. with new coach he would be easy cut

Ah, the ever revolving door which is the Dolphins 1st round pick. The build up and expectations of the fans normally created by multiple 'sources' only to be dashed by the eventual pick made by the front office whom often seem to have a board a 'talent' chart from another planet.

Aside from Jake Long, I fail to recount when the Dolphins front office have ever gone with the reported sources mock draft pick in the first round. In fact our most recent 1st round picks have been so left field the front office have done a great job in disguising them leading up to the draft – or is it simply because other teams simply weren’t interested or value our 1st round players talent wise? :)

So as much it pains for me to say this I would be highly surprised if the Dolphins were to select Baker Mayfield with our 1st round pick. Nothing in the structure of the Dolphins front office suggests to me they will diverge away from what they have been doing in previous years. They really should and for once go with the majority & see how that turns on for once. At least it would give the fans something exciting to cling on to which we have been starved for years. i.e. Charles Harris, Laremy Tunsil, DeVante Parker, Ja’Wuan James, Dion Jordan, Ryan Tannehill, Mike Pouncey, Jared Odrick…common guys you can’t tell me you were all overly excited at the time when we first drafted these guys. Most of these guys were either known for being a solid pick or with ‘enormous’ upside potential. How has that fared for us.

I live in hope, but am prepared for disappointment as per usual. The only glimmer of hope I’ve read is the Dolphins did request a private workout with Mayfield. Some say its smoke & mirrors, but requesting a private workout does seem rather unprofessional & waste of time & resources for both parties if there wasn’t a genuine interest from the Dolphins in drafting Mayfield. Also it does seem a rather strange strategy to play in showing interest where we don’t hold a great deal of leverage & hardly sitting on a gold mine draft pick position.

Dolphins were highly linked to Parker and wound up drafting him. I think their interest in Mayfield is legit...it just has to be at the right price.

Think we wind up with Smith and I would be happy with that.

baker mayfield, lmao. c'mon man. and wtf does 'taking bpa' even mean anyway? how do you know who the best player is? everyone is guessing. everyone!

So, just to clarify...everyone is guessing, except you, who knows that Baker Mayfield is laughable?

To me the quarterbacks rate in this order: Josh Rosen, Lamar Jackson, Baker Mayfield, Josh Allen, Sam Darnold, Luke Falk. I think Cleveland shocks the world and takes Sequan Barkley first and Lamar Jackson with the fourth pick unless they can buffalo (LOL) some team into trading there. Imagine the Browns with that tandem for starters in this draft and getting even more picks? So I am thinking Darnold will be there when Miami picks and not sure we would take him over Vita Vea, Roquan Smith or Tremain Edmunds. There’s even a chance Chubb slips a couple spots and is there. BPA in that spot would be hard to decide on there. Lamar Jackson is going to light it up for at least a couple of seasons until they figure him out and it’s going to be a fun ride for somebody.

There is a bit of a sheep mentality here so respect to you for having Jackson as #2 qb.

Jackson followed by Mayfield/James would be the pick I would be most excited about in the entire draft.

Yeah Jackson could be a bust- but most of our first rounders have been underwhelming. He is the ultimate high risk high reward. Imagine if even half of what he did in college translates to the nfl...If it doesnt the risk might be mitigated by him playing wr.

I will flip **** if we draft a O-lineman or DT with the #11, is it a need? Yes, is it more of a need than LB? Honestly we have so many holes we could really draft Best player available. The only one id be interested or OK with is Nelson if he's really the can't miss prospect they say he is.

So, just to clarify...everyone is guessing, except you, who knows that Baker Mayfield is laughable?
he’s a short goofy qb, they’ve invested heavily in tannehill and we have other dire needs. you can still calculate risks even if ultimately you’re guessing.

Ah, the ever revolving door which is the Dolphins 1st round pick. The build up and expectations of the fans normally created by multiple 'sources' only to be dashed by the eventual pick made by the front office whom often seem to have a board a 'talent' chart from another planet.

Aside from Jake Long, I fail to recount when the Dolphins front office have ever gone with the reported sources mock draft pick in the first round. In fact our most recent 1st round picks have been so left field the front office have done a great job in disguising them leading up to the draft – or is it simply because other teams simply weren’t interested or value our 1st round players talent wise? :)

So as much it pains for me to say this I would be highly surprised if the Dolphins were to select Baker Mayfield with our 1st round pick. Nothing in the structure of the Dolphins front office suggests to me they will diverge away from what they have been doing in previous years. They really should and for once go with the majority & see how that turns on for once. At least it would give the fans something exciting to cling on to which we have been starved for years. i.e. Charles Harris, Laremy Tunsil, DeVante Parker, Ja’Wuan James, Dion Jordan, Ryan Tannehill, Mike Pouncey, Jared Odrick…common guys you can’t tell me you were all overly excited at the time when we first drafted these guys. Most of these guys were either known for being a solid pick or with ‘enormous’ upside potential. How has that fared for us.

I live in hope, but am prepared for disappointment as per usual. The only glimmer of hope I’ve read is the Dolphins did request a private workout with Mayfield. Some say its smoke & mirrors, but requesting a private workout does seem rather unprofessional & waste of time & resources for both parties if there wasn’t a genuine interest from the Dolphins in drafting Mayfield. Also it does seem a rather strange strategy to play in showing interest where we don’t hold a great deal of leverage & hardly sitting on a gold mine draft pick position.

Davis, Pouncey, Tannehill, James, and Parker were all mocked to us by a lot of people .Those weren't even close to surprise picks. All of those came after Jake Long. Only real surprised were Dion Jordan and Tunsil's imo. Both shockers for different reasons lol

I was honestly damn happy they drafted Tannehill at 8 I’m not going to lie, I was also happy with the Parker pick. The others not so much, maybe Tunsil also because he was a highly rated tackle who fell.

Back
Top Bottom