Draft Comparisons...Wolf vs Mueller vs Ruskell vs Savage (WARNING BIG) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Comparisons...Wolf vs Mueller vs Ruskell vs Savage (WARNING BIG)

Really great job CK, have to hand it to you, it took a great deal of effort but its info that is worth it.

GOOO FIIINZ

:cooldude:

As everyone has already stated but I'll say it anyway in my Thurston Howell the 3rd voice "Braaaaaavo my boy" Now can you build us a team and get us off this Island (of missing the playoffs)

Yeah ya got a good point about Ruskell not drafting good offense...but then again you could go back to the whole working together with Wannstedt thing.

What is it that Wannstedt has been able to do since he's been with us? Well, I think he's been able to find some real diamonds in the rough on OFFENSE. Chris Chambers and Todd Wade both in the 2nd round, both set to get very high contracts as if they were bonafied first round blue chip players (though I don't think Wade is worth it personally). Randy McMichael in the 4th round he's one of the best TEs in the league. Wade Smith in the 3rd round, a lot of people agree that he will become a top flight LT within a year or two. He traded two firsts for Ricky Williams, who turned out to be a heck of a lot better than he looked in New Orleans. Heck even Donald Lee IMO is a heck of a lot better than a 5th round grade. The only guys that he seems to have missed on a bit in the draft were Travis Minor (who contributes well enough anyway), and Taylor Whitley who we haven't really seen enough of.

But on defense...for the most part we've fallen on our faces and failed to supplement the players Jimmy Johnson drafted and signed for us with substantially good other players. There's Jamar Fletcher, Ben Kelly, and Omare Lowe at CB...Morlon Greenwood, Eddie Moore, and Rick Crowell at LB...Otis Leverette at DE, Arturo Freeman played one season but wasn't even good enough to attract teams to sign him in return for a 5th round pick.

I mean we've really hit on our offensive guys to an extent and flopped on our defensive guys except for the undrafted free agents (Ogun mainly). So maybe a guy like Ruskell comes in and gives us some rejuvenation on Defense, while Wannstedt's (and Spielman's?) input helps us pick Offense.

Great initial post

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Yeah ya got a good point about Ruskell not drafting good offense...but then again you could go back to the whole working together with Wannstedt thing.

What is it that Wannstedt has been able to do since he's been with us? Well, I think he's been able to find some real diamonds in the rough on OFFENSE. Chris Chambers and Todd Wade both in the 2nd round, both set to get very high contracts as if they were bonafied first round blue chip players (though I don't think Wade is worth it personally). Randy McMichael in the 4th round he's one of the best TEs in the league. Wade Smith in the 3rd round, a lot of people agree that he will become a top flight LT within a year or two. He traded two firsts for Ricky Williams, who turned out to be a heck of a lot better than he looked in New Orleans. Heck even Donald Lee IMO is a heck of a lot better than a 5th round grade. The only guys that he seems to have missed on a bit in the draft were Travis Minor (who contributes well enough anyway), and Taylor Whitley who we haven't really seen enough of.

But on defense...for the most part we've fallen on our faces and failed to supplement the players Jimmy Johnson drafted and signed for us with substantially good other players. There's Jamar Fletcher, Ben Kelly, and Omare Lowe at CB...Morlon Greenwood, Eddie Moore, and Rick Crowell at LB...Otis Leverette at DE, Arturo Freeman played one season but wasn't even good enough to attract teams to sign him in return for a 5th round pick.

I mean we've really hit on our offensive guys to an extent and flopped on our defensive guys except for the undrafted free agents (Ogun mainly). So maybe a guy like Ruskell comes in and gives us some rejuvenation on Defense, while Wannstedt's (and Spielman's?) input helps us pick Offense.

You forgot Lenord Henry, whom we've only seen in preseason but have been offered trades several times for him. With him being a 7th round pick that isn't bad.

on the flipside, you also have the Brandon winey and glut of late round qb fodder he's picked. All in all, though Wanny isn't bad at all when picking offense, the question remains was those gems a result of RS advice or Wanny's. that's my only reservation.

Good job CK. But, what were the selections for the round 1 guys for Savage? I know some of those guys were high picks (Ogden), but not all.

Karsten Bailey in the 3rd round as a bust? Come on CK. How can you label the man who has nailed Tara Reid, Jennifer Love Hewitt and hosted TRL for years as a bust? :lol: OH different guy? my bad...

Wolf learned his football working for Al Davis, and Wolf's draft picks were always late(and successful). These other GM's had bad teams/seasons to build with. This being said, Sherman probably has a lot of WOLF's scouts so there may be a slight dropoff. :cool:
The Saints GM traded Ricky, then comes in to help Ricky's team. I don't see it. This fan thinks Ricky has a found a great football home and is a better person to behold a grudge, but no front office of class would allow such without Ricky's word and being highly discreet about it in all regards. Not great odds... :shakeno:
Wolf has an eye for the QB. Favre, Brooks, etc. And he has high draft pick success from being a winner so good years would not damage his upward curve. Most of the others have seen limited or moderate results after the first day picks. WOLF is across the board.
The Ravens man has an eye for talent for a system. He could keep the D rejuvenated, look at where you want to be 3 years from now. Zach and Junior? Older DB or linemen in a brutal sport? He has seen some moderate LB aquisition success too. This guy could get midround value to learn from these greats and be ready to assume the same level of play it would appear. :samurai:
He learned a lot about the cap after Ravens; losing Priest and Sharpe and Dilfer. Billik's Grbac mistake prevented him from securing a skill player dynasty. Perhaps he has learned how to secure those deals with incentive/conditional deals that allow leeway for renegs when needs dictate.
great post CK! Great comment T-Bone, and sweeeet sig pic rh!

Great work, really gives the a guy like me who doesn't have all the info a better idea on the GM's we are thinking of bringing in. Bravo

:hail:

Nice Job. There is only one problem.. It doesnt really matter how good a GM can draft, when all his good players are inevitably being sent to be coached by .. Wanny!
Its like putting synthetic oil in an engine that doesnt run.
Or serving a prime rib dinner with all the fixins to a group of people with bulimia..hurl...
Or wearing your brand new shoes to walk in dog poo..
Or buying 1000 shares of Kmart..
Or putting mayonaisse all over your 'jared approved' subway sandwich.
so on and so on

If Dave is such a terrible coach, then how is it that in his four years, the Dolphins defense has been in the top 4 of the NFL in scoring defense three times?

The only thing that has hurt Dave from getting an offense capable of being a Superbowl offense is his insistence on sticking with Jay Fiedler as the starting quarterback.

This is a great post CK. I see you did a lot of work on it.....Good Job!

The only two names I feel should be upgraded are:

LeCharles Bentley should be purple and not blue. He is definitely one of the most dominate guards in the NFL right now.

Chester Taylor should not be labeled as a "loser" pick. He is the backup to Jamal Lewis and has run extremely well when relieving Jamal. He can stay at green, but should not be labeled as a "loser" pick.

Originally posted by KBISBACK
If Dave is such a terrible coach, then how is it that in his four years, the Dolphins defense has been in the top 4 of the NFL in scoring defense three times?

The only thing that has hurt Dave from getting an offense capable of being a Superbowl offense is his insistence on sticking with Jay Fiedler as the starting quarterback.

The dolphin defense has been great the past 4 years. yes. and your right jay sucks as well.
but have you ever looked at the dolphins record against teams with a final record over .500? I did the math one time, and the winning percentage was something like .389 (about 39 percent). That sucks. Look at even this year. The only teams they beat that finished over .500 was dallas and baltimore. Both lost in the first round of the playoffs.
Every year under dave, they have slipped further and further away from the playoffs, and this is all because they cant beat the good teams. theyve always had the talent, but they are just not prepared.

Great job CK...

All in all, though Wanny isn't bad at all when picking offense, the question remains was those gems a result of RS advice or Wanny's. that's my only reservation.

I really have to agree with that. I personally think it was probably RS... sadly I wonder if he will stay around once we hire a new GM. He may feel slighted and he is good and will probably get a job elsewhere. =(

Back
Top Bottom