Draft Comparisons...Wolf vs Mueller vs Ruskell vs Savage (WARNING BIG) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Comparisons...Wolf vs Mueller vs Ruskell vs Savage (WARNING BIG)

Every year under dave, they have slipped further and further away from the playoffs, and this is all because they cant beat the good teams. theyve always had the talent, but they are just not prepared.

Right on! I have been trying to say that for a while now, just could never spit out the right words! However, we are stuck with Wanny for at least another year. Hopefully the new GM gets fed up with him and axes his rear!

yes the new GM could ax dave.. but unfortunatly i think the new GM is going to be speilman. not that speilman would do a bad job, but its the same combination that has been unsuccessful the past few seasons. wanny is the one who brought speilman here, so i doubt speilman will double cross him after the next two seasons and give him the ax. this GM hiring is a big illusion with fog and mirrors by wayne, trying to elude miami fans into thinking hes making a significant change, when all he is doing is moving a couple pieces around on the chess board.
dolphin fans should hope that wayne hires mueller. he is the only that will shake things up around here.

I'm really impressed with Savage, those first round picks include the best defensive player in the NFL and the best running back in the NFL. Add Todd Heap, Duane Starks, Ogden, Boulware and Mcalister and you have the building blocks for a competitve team for many years to come

While I have a heap of opinions about the diffferent players drafted by these guys, I just have to hand it to Mr. Parrot Head - great stuff. Perhaps will induce some serious paralysis by analyssis, but the journey to that point will be fun all the same. Much appreciated - good research.

CK, you've done it again....great post..I didn't find myself disagreeing with some of where you classified the players in in each's potiential GM's draft.

People here keeps talking about our 1st pick being bad....Under Wanny...I can only remember Flect being a #1. Other than that, we've had no #1. And the trades for our #1, I can't disagree with. So I'm not sure what people are talking about. As far as good teams we can't beat, this year was the first that Tenn and Indy has beat us, and the first that the Pats swepted us. We should have beat the pats in the 1st game..team was in position. Kicker missed (twice) is that Wanny's fault? Bad play from O in NE this year. not wanny..get over it, he's here another year..

LeCharles Bentley is no Larry Allen and thats what it would take to get him a purple rating, sorry man. And as for Chester Taylor come on dude, he's hardly ever played. If anything I'd have to give just an incomplete grade on him.

The guys I gave purple ratings to are for the most part super dominant players. Jonathon Ogden, Ray Lewis, Derrick Brooks, Warren Sapp, and Walter Jones we're talkin some of the premier guys at their position and they have been the premier guys at their position for a matter of years. Ronde Barber, Darren Sharper, and Ed Reed, definitely the near the same thing I mean Reed this year showed me he has really taken his place as a premier guy a super human missile at the safety position...and he's dominated more than I would say Bentley has at guard in their two years. Barber and Sharper, they are on the cusp but I gave them the purple instead of blue cuz they have both done it so long and are getting a lot of money etc...I mean in the end I can't put Shawn Springs as a green in the same category as like Mike McKenzie...but I can't put Ronde Barber and Shawn Springs in the same blue category either....not in good concience.

CK it's kind of not too fair though that Wolf quit such a while back because his picks have all developed. Gotta keep that in mind.

I still don't think that Meuller ran the 2002 draft for the Saints. I think he was fired right before it.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
LeCharles Bentley is no Larry Allen and thats what it would take to get him a purple rating, sorry man. And as for Chester Taylor come on dude, he's hardly ever played. If anything I'd have to give just an incomplete grade on him.

The guys I gave purple ratings to are for the most part super dominant players. Jonathon Ogden, Ray Lewis, Derrick Brooks, Warren Sapp, and Walter Jones we're talkin some of the premier guys at their position and they have been the premier guys at their position for a matter of years. Ronde Barber, Darren Sharper, and Ed Reed, definitely the near the same thing I mean Reed this year showed me he has really taken his place as a premier guy a super human missile at the safety position...and he's dominated more than I would say Bentley has at guard in their two years. Barber and Sharper, they are on the cusp but I gave them the purple instead of blue cuz they have both done it so long and are getting a lot of money etc...I mean in the end I can't put Shawn Springs as a green in the same category as like Mike McKenzie...but I can't put Ronde Barber and Shawn Springs in the same blue category either....not in good concience.

I see your point. But Larry Allen is on the decline, he's not what he's used to be. I've watched a few Cowboys games with a close friend of mine that is a die hard Cowboys fan. He doesn't miss any Cowboys game and he's always talking about Larry Allen not playing to level he used to play. That's what I've based my opinion on.

LeCharles Bentley is a beast, I believe he made it to the Pro Bowl last season as a rookie and he hasn't given up a sack in his pro career yet.

I live in the Philly/Baltimore region, so I get to watch the Eagles and Ravens games too. I haven't missed a Fins game in five years thanks to DirecTv, but I do check out the local teams a lot as well. Chester Taylor runs the ball extremely well when relieving Jamal Lewis, so he is definitely not a "loser" pick. But since he hasn't had a considerable amount of playing time, giving him an "incomplete" is fair enough to me. :cool: But I know for sure they wouldn't release him and let another team pick him up.

But like I said before CK. This was an excellent post man. Great job, I just had some opinions that differ on a few players. :)

I still say Wayne doesn't hit gold till he brings in CK for a chance at the GM job. :D

:allhail:

Maybe Take Some of the Money from the Defense this Tear?

Originally posted by Jnaledu3

The dolphin defense has been great the past 4 years. yes. and your right jay sucks as well.
but have you ever looked at the dolphins record against teams with a final record over .500? I did the math one time, and the winning percentage was something like .389 (about 39 percent). That sucks. Look at even this year. The only teams they beat that finished over .500 was dallas and baltimore. Both lost in the first round of the playoffs.
Every year under dave, they have slipped further and further away from the playoffs, and this is all because they cant beat the good teams. theyve always had the talent, but they are just not prepared.

So far our talented defense has not score enough points to help us beat those teams with winning records.

You have the right idea, but we seem to overlook that maybe... just maybe, take a slice of that defensive money and add it to our offense, so then maybe... just maybe, we will beat the majority of those teams with winning records this year.

We know that DW has been paying the price for keeping that D for the last 4 years, by putting in more money to keep our talented players.

He still needs to fill in some holes in the OL (FA or draft), a QB (FA or draft) and WR (FA or draft) ,we will maybe... just maybe take this team past the regular season next year.

IMO, if Mark Dixon would have played this year, maybe...just maybe, we would have been playing this weekend.

GOOO FIIINZ

:cooldude:

Last edited by a moderator:
good read... even better looking at it now that Mueller is our GM.

Not the greatest at uncovering talent in lower rounds but can pick the best of the best.

Back
Top Bottom