Draft Day One. Who dya want? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Day One. Who dya want?

Excellent first three rounds if that's the way we go.

Decent, however unlikely.

You're insane.

This is what I hope to see us get. 100% agreement. We pick up a franchise QB, snag us our new superstar kicker, and find a replacement for Randy McMichael's lazy ***. Would be nice if we could get rid of Randy for a pick as well. However I wouldn't be against keeping him for a year or two with some competition, maybe a fire under his *** will turn him into the stud he SHOULD be.

What is the cap hit if trade McMichael for a pick???? Oakland is considering TE in the second round. Is it possible????

Round 1: Adrian Peterson, if hes still there, if not gaines adams from clemson
Round 2: Brandon Merriweather
Round 3: Anthony Gonzalez

Great late round sleeper: Ryan Moore. Everyone thought he would be a stud after his freshman year but hes had problems. Hes big enough that he could play tight end too.
I have not seen worse. Why don't we pick a DE and a MLB while we are at it.

Round One. 9th overall - Alan Branch, DT, Michigan
Miami's interior defensive line is aging and an injection of youth is vital. Branch is the standout DT and is the elite prospect to propel the Phins defense forward for the future. Branch would be able to tie up the line and be able to stuff the run. If Branch is off the board, then Okoye would be the pick.

Round Two. 41st pick - Ryan Kalil, C, USC
The middle of the Miami offensive line is soft. Hadnot and McKinney arent the answer. Kalil's smarts and technique would be a good addition to the Phins offense.

Round Three. 71st pick - Earl Everett, OLB, Florida
Everett's selection here would be upgrading the LB spot next to Thomas and Crowder. Excellent athleticism and speed would bring fresh impetus to an aging defense.

I'm not thrilled about going defense with our first pick in the draft but those are 3 players with a ton of potential each taking care of major needs.

Solid 3 rounds IMO.

Round One- Brady Quinn/ Reggie Nelson

Round Two- Brandon Siler/ Buster Davis

Round Three- OL

i could be dreaming about the second round but whatever

I have not seen worse. Why don't we pick a DE and a MLB while we are at it.

I don't know about you brotha but I get all tingly at the thought of Peterson possibly falling to Miami at 9. I think the phone will be ringing off the hook with major trade possibilities if the top RB in the draft falls to us.

If no one wants to bite, draft the guy. Someone will offer gold sooner or later. If not, we'll have the most potent backfield in all of the NFL with Brown, Williams, and Peterson.

We go:
1)Adrian Peterson RB 6'2 / 218 / 4.45
2)Robert Meachem WR 6'3 / 210 / 4.45
3)Samson Satele C 6'3 / 311 / 5.20

Pick up FA:
Eric Steinbach
Kris Dielman

Talk about securing the offense.

Would like in order and according to reasonable availability:

1) Brady Quinn/Dwayne Jarrett/Levi Brown

2) Ryan Kalil/Sydney Rice/

3) Aundrae Ellison/Ben Grubbs

I don't know about you brotha but I get all tingly at the thought of Peterson possibly falling to Miami at 9. I think the phone will be ringing off the hook with major trade possibilities if the top RB in the draft falls to us.

If no one wants to bite, draft the guy. Someone will offer gold sooner or later. If not, we'll have the most potent backfield in all of the NFL with Brown, Williams, and Peterson.

We go:
1)Adrian Peterson RB 6'2 / 218 / 4.45
2)Robert Meachem WR 6'3 / 210 / 4.45
3)Samson Satele C 6'3 / 211 / 5.20

Pick up FA:
Eric Steinbach
Kris Dielman

Talk about securing the offense.

Love your picks but can Meachem start his rookie year? The thing about RB is waiting to see what happens in FA. And Ricky isn't a done deal, Mueller might not want him. We really only have 1 RB under conatract. We might really need Peterson.
I really,really like the Satele pick.
We defintely need to make some trades to save money and pick up draft picks.

Love your picks but can Meachem start his rookie year? The thing about RB is waiting to see what happens in FA. And Ricky isn't a done deal, Mueller might not want him. We really only have 1 RB under conatract. We might really need Peterson.
I really,really like the Satele pick.
We defintely need to make some trades to save money and pick up draft picks.

I don't think Meachem will start but he'll definitely see time in the rotation. Who knows though? It wouldn't take much to out-preform Welker and Hagan in camp. As much as I love Welker and his heart, the physical attributes lack. Hagan drops a plethora of footballs.

I'd much rather shop Peterson around than keep him but if teams actually tried to call our bluff I'd draft the guy in a heart beat. As you said, Williams is no where near guaranteed and Minor, Morris, and Eckel are all FA's.

So much can happen in that situation. I can imagine a Ricky Williams/Duece McAllister situation where we would either trade Peterson or Brown down the line for two first rounders. Wow, how sweet would that be? How ironic would it be for the man who broke Miami's back(Mueller) be the same person to save it in the same exact fashion?

Or Brown and Peterson could become Larry Johnson and Priest Holmes when those two were at their pinnacle.

The more I think about the prospect of Peterson the more chills I get.

Round One. 9th overall - Alan Branch, DT, Michigan
Miami's interior defensive line is aging and an injection of youth is vital. Branch is the standout DT and is the elite prospect to propel the Phins defense forward for the future. Branch would be able to tie up the line and be able to stuff the run. If Branch is off the board, then Okoye would be the pick.

Round Two. 41st pick - Ryan Kalil, C, USC
The middle of the Miami offensive line is soft. Hadnot and McKinney arent the answer. Kalil's smarts and technique would be a good addition to the Phins offense.

Round Three. 71st pick - Earl Everett, OLB, Florida
Everett's selection here would be upgrading the LB spot next to Thomas and Crowder. Excellent athleticism and speed would bring fresh impetus to an aging defense.

Nice, realistic mock.
Heres my changes
Rd 1. Branch as 1st option, Levi Brown as second.
Rd 2. Jarret as 1st option, Kalil as 2nd option.
Rd 3. Kalil(if he falls) 1st option, Edwards (QB from Stanford) as 2nd option. Best LB available.

Back
Top Bottom