Draft Day Two Thread | Page 97 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Day Two Thread

Can any of our resident draftniks tell us whether Achane is a willing and able pass blocker? Curious how much of a tell he might be on certain down & distances…
He's a willing pass blocker, but he's not very good at it. He was credited with allowing 9 hurries last season and I don't recall seeing him in pass pro all that often. (If anyone has how many pass pro snaps he had in 2022, that would be helpful). He's good at the cut block, but that's it. He's not gonna stone a pass rushing LB.

But I'm not sure I'd be all that worried about it being a tell. He's probably not going to stay in as a pass blocker, but he's definitely a threat to release out of the backfield or get the ball on a draw. That will make the pass rush hesitate. And if he can be used on a screen then defense really has to worry. (Screens are some of my favorite football plays. When done right they just feel like what football is supposed to look like). IMO getting our screen game down would be a huge complimentary weapon to add to this offense.

My problem with drafting Achane is, we already have plenty of speed.

It's 4th and 1, the game is on the line and we need that yard, who are we giving the ball to?
Probably Ingold or Lovett. We have also used Smythe on that QB sneak play.

My problem with drafting Achane is, we already have plenty of speed.

It's 4th and 1, the game is on the line and we need that yard, who are we giving the ball to?
Put in ball in Tua’s hands and have him drop back and pass the ball to Hill or Waddle.

Not sure where this notion that we have so many RB's comes from. We've got two NFL caliber backs who are on short term deals and are significantly injury prone. Every other back on the roster would be out of the league if they weren't on the Dolphins.

DB's - you're playing 5 or 6 most downs and by end of last year we had two starting caliber DB's - one was playing hurt and whiffed on plays he normally makes and another was a second year safety who largely failed to make plays like he made his rookie year with depth around him.
I’m still not counting out Dalvin.

The head coach is extremely happy with the picks but some posters aren’t. I choose to go with the head coach and Grier. It’s their jobs on the line if the players they draft, sign in free agency or trade for don’t work out.

No one on here is going to lose their job if these players don’t work out for the Dolphins.
Did you say that when our HC and GM were ecstatic about Kenyan Drake and Leonte Caroo? Asking for a friend.

Back
Top Bottom