Draft Day Two Thread | Page 95 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Day Two Thread

Sure in his underwear 4.32. But with pads…much closer to 4.40.

Nice to have an extra weapon

But just saying..
Could be true, but likely most people who run a 4.4 in shorts run a 4.5 in pads. Also running a 4.3 or 4.4 in one or two sprints is different from running 4.3 in the 4th quarter of a game after you've been running and getting hit for the prior two hours. That said, I still think Achane will be one of the fastest rbs in the league and a threat running and catching the ball.

Anybody moaning. See..Ross. I know I do. He's cost the team a potential and probable 1st day starter.

Can he run that fast into a wall though? Let's hope he gets into space. Could be a weapon.
Watch the highlight film. He was able to turn what would have been a loss for most RB's into a gain. Shifty little bugger who has a nose for the first down marker. He can catch really well too. He's going to be a huge uplift for the running and passing game. Teams will struggle to cover him out of the backfield. How many LBers are going to be able to run with him step for step? Not many, if any at all... :shrug:

But just saying..
Stop saying. You compared this player to Salvon Ahmed and John Avery before we drafted him and are now trying to act like his literal laser-timed speed isn’t an accurate reflection of his speed. You were wrong. McDaniel watched the film and loves the player you hated. Take the L.

I do kind of feel bad for Salvon Ahmed. He always makes the most of his limited opportunities, and he just got pushed back down to 4th on the depth chart.
I've always preferred him over Gaskin, especially now in McDaniel's system. In their U of W days together, Gaskin was the better player.

So I'll say it this way for Miami for Day 2.

If you want to talk strictly talent? A+ draft for Miami. Cam Smith is a first round talent on a lot of boards and Archane was a top 60 player for a lot of people. So talent wise? Absolutely be stoked.

Need wise? There were Rumblings Miami still wanted CB but I stopped looking after resigning everybody, and I've been pretty vocal about punting on a RB this year. With how the draft fell I get not going OL, and with TE I know the guys Miami really liked were off the board but they didn't want to reach.

I'll say this we did have 2 guys for need Miami really liked that were drafted within the vicinity of our picks that chanced the choices from need to BPA

Stop saying. You compared this player to Salvon Ahmed and John Avery before we drafted him and are now trying to act like his literal laser-timed speed isn’t an accurate reflection of his speed. You were wrong. McDaniel watched the film and loves the player you hated. Take the L.

I did and you don’t get to say I was wrong.

But just saying..
I wasn’t aware that the players at the combine were running the 40 in their underwear. That’s what I love about this forum. I learn something new every time I sign on to this forum.

I assume since everyone was running around in their underwear, he was still faster than everyone else, underwear or not.

So I'll say it this way for Miami for Day 2.

If you want to talk strictly talent? A+ draft for Miami. Cam Smith is a first round talent on a lot of boards and Archane was a top 60 player for a lot of people. So talent wise? Absolutely be stoked.

Need wise? There were Rumblings Miami still wanted CB but I stopped looking after resigning everybody, and I've been pretty vocal about punting on a RB this year. With how the draft fell I get not going OL, and with TE I know the guys Miami really liked were off the board but they didn't want to reach.

I'll say this we did have 2 guys for need Miami really liked that were drafted within the vicinity of our picks that chanced the choices from need to BPA
Fantastic post brother. Thank you.

Lol..not saying it isn’t true. But I recall something similar said about Iggy when we drafted him in the 1st round.

They are not close to the same thing. Iggy was 90% potential and Smith is 90% production. Iggy was a Project and everyone knew it. Smith is a guy who could probably start for a team like the Lions from jump street. And I have always rooted for Iggy. But Smith is that guy. IMO

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom