LuckyMinkah: "I'm Minkah ... I'm lucky"
Dolphpool: "That's not a superpower, and it's not very cinematic"
LuckyMinkah: "Yes it is."
Dolphpool: "Let's meet in the middle and say no its not."
LuckyMinkah: "OK, but just so you know ... I always win."

Round 2
Dolphpool: "What in the azzcicle are you?"
CableGesicki: "I'm CableGesicki, and I'm here for the football. Move or die."
Dolphpool: "That's a little dark, are you sure you're not from the NFC universe?"

Round 3
Dolphpool: "ColossusBaker, I know you can hear me. See, there's this rookie ... and he needs our help"
ColossusBaker: "Wade, why you play Air Supply at my window? NegasonicKelenBallage laugh at me."
Dolphpool: "Mostly because she's hot ... but I also need your help ... and her friend makes my costume tingle."

Round 4
Dolphpool: "So what is your superpower?"
DurhamSmythe: "I don't have one ... I just saw the ad"
Dolphpool: " ... you're in."

Welcome to Miami Rookies ... now get to grinding!

Someone told Tbum to sit in the back of the room and keep his mouth shut. Imagine if he was allowed to do the drafting. He might have traded away the entire draft for one of the QBs.
At the very least our first next year and this drafts 1 ,2 and 4.

Wish we had 4 5 more rookies just to improve the odds. I will be adding in the 5th, 4th and 6 th trade into the evaluation also.

PFF rated Fitzpatrick at 84.8

(190) DeShon Elliott, S, Texas, 85.5
(93) Ronnie Harrison, S, Alabama, 84.8
(164) Natrell Jamerson, S, Wisconsin, 87.3
(189) Kamrin Moore, S, Boston College, 85.1
(95) Tarvarius Moore, S, Southern Miss, 88.6

I can't say what I want about PFF
without getting put in a permanent time out

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-all-32-nfl-teams-2018-nfl-draft-grades

Dolphpool: "We're gonna make a super-duper-F'in-group"
Fins: "Time to get back on NFL Network"

NFL Draft, rounds 1 and 2 complete

Dolphpool: "Our draft lives up to the hype .. Plus Plus!"
Fins: "Hell, they probably won't even make a sequal."
Dolphpool: "Why would they, stop now, you killed it!"

NFL Draft, rounds 3 through 7

Dolphpool: "We're gonna rebuild our team as Dolphins Force"
Flippette: "Weren't those picks a little derivative?"
Dolphpool: "You're absolutely right!"

Interviewing draftees

Round 1
Dolphpool: "Who are you?
LuckyMinkah: "I'm Minkah ... I'm lucky"
Dolphpool: "That's not a superpower, and it's not very cinematic"
LuckyMinkah: "Yes it is."
Dolphpool: "Let's meet in the middle and say no its not."
LuckyMinkah: "OK, but just so you know ... I always win."

Round 2
Dolphpool: "What in the azzcicle are you?"
CableGesicki: "I'm CableGesicki, and I'm here for the football. Move or die."
Dolphpool: "That's a little dark, are you sure you're not from the NFC universe?"

Round 3
Dolphpool: "ColossusBaker, I know you can hear me. See, there's this rookie ... and he needs our help"
ColossusBaker: "Wade, why you play Air Supply at my window? NegasonicKelenBallage laugh at me."
Dolphpool: "Mostly because she's hot ... but I also need your help ... and her friend makes my costume tingle."

Round 4
Dolphpool: "So what is your superpower?"
DurhamSmythe: "I don't have one ... I just saw the ad"
Dolphpool: " ... you're in."

Welcome to Miami Rookies ... now get to grinding!
A+ for creativity. Well done!

It’s a fine draft and the guys we got are solid, hopefully, But, I’d give it a B- or so, based on what I was thinking as I was watching the draft unfold in real time.

Reasoning:

1. Love Minkah. James is obviously good too but I like Minkah overall for our particular situation.
2. I liked Goedert over Gesicki. Gase likes to split the TE wide in isolation and Gesicki might fit that to a tee. I don’t see bust or anything, as I think he will be productive on jump balls and in packages where he’d be split out in isolation. But, I see Goedert as having a better feel in the middle of the field and as a tougher kid. Gesicki is a workout machine. I admit, maybe I’m just fixated on Goedert but I suspect he’s going to be rugged and crafty in the middle of the field on say 3rd and 8. I think he may be a more willing blocker too. The nice thing is Gesicki can improve quite a bit and apparently impressed in interviews, something we can’t see. The hope with Gesicki is he improves and with his raw tools, who knows? It may be frustrating though if Goedert is converting third and longs in prime time on national TV while Gesicki is a jump ball guy in anonymity in 1 pm games no one is watching except local fans.
3. I get that we need speed and coverage at LB, but Baker looks like a positional reach. Perhaps we could have traded down here in terms of value. That was a pretty high third round pick. I think he’s got potential in sub packages. I liked Shaq Griffin as a high end athlete and addition to the locker room. Hopefully Baker gets stronger over the next couple of years and helps erase running backs in coverage and helps defend the middle of the field.
4. I would have taken Mo Hurst in the fourth. Would have filled a major need. Michigan has dealt with the heart and the Raiders have a plan. He would have made this draft a potential A plus. He’s exactly what we need at DT. What an immense missed opportunity. Worst mistake of the draft here. This team isn’t stopping the run this year.
5. I liked Lauletta and Falk. Maybe we didn’t have the ammo to get Lauletta but you’d think we could have found a way on Falk. I don’t know how many options we had to trade down in the third and fourth, but a couple of moves down may have netted us more of our needs.
6. Kicker. I was fixated on Pineiro. I’m just going off stats but the kid we got seems inconsistent. Rizzi hand picked our guy. We don’t have any idea how they interviewed. Rizzi should be nailing this.

Overall, the draft is not terrible but imagine a draft where we got
Minkah
Goedert
Shaq Griffin
Mo Hurst
Falk.
Pineiro
Fumagalli (if we traded down and didn’t get Smythe)

That’d be a draft I’d give an A plus. We didn’t take an aggressive stance or just take the best overall football players after the first. We got enamored with certain skill sets instead of just drafting the best damn players.

Who knows, perhaps my draft won’t age well but those were my opinions.

Gesicki is the perfect y-iso player.

You know what, just listen to CK's podcast and get back to us...

I feel like a lot of analysts are bring our draft grade down because we didn't grab a QB in the 1st round, like that somehow diminishes how great of a pick Minkah Fitzpatrick is.

In the immortal words of Jim Irsay, "who the h*!! is Mel Kiper anyway"? Miami has been ESPN's whipping boy for awhile now. I like this draft. Old school was, you build up the middle on D. We now have Phillips (?) Rakwon, and Minka, to go with R Jones. Decent corners, potential pass rushers, and more speed, that bodes well for our D.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-all-32-nfl-teams-2018-nfl-draft-grades
Just shows you how weak PFF is and how analytics can only take you so far

Not true at all. A lot of people call PFF total crap on here.

I think the bulk of the critical responses come when people ONLY rely on PFF. PFF is only PART of an overall assessment of player analytics and nothing more.

Anyone that has us below a B, is not looking a our draft, but at all offseason moves, or not getting Tanny's replacement. We got a top 5 talent at pick 11, and a much needed TE pass catching talent at #2, by most of their own words. Rest of the draft was solid.

I've seen some grades where they butcher Buffalo for giving up too much to get their QB, and then complain about us not drafting up right after. Nonsense.

I'll go with a B.

First two picks were home runs. It's been discussed. I agree with the general concensus.

3rd rounder was tough because I wanted Rudolph (like many others) and we got a LB I was kind of meh on. I would've snatched Jefferson up there if it was LB or bust. They both project at Will in a 4-3 too. Blurg. Their careers will be followed and compared to Baker's. We'll see. My track record is way better than the fins, for anyone who cares.

I was also expecting a lot out of the 4th rounders because that's what we got (I think) for Ajayi and Landry. Ballage and Smythe for 2 of our best players. Yikes. There were obviously other players I wanted here ... too many to list, really. Ballage gets a pass from me but I don't see the upside with Smythe ... at all. You don't need to spend 4th round picks on blocking tight ends ... that's what I call getting opposite value.

Elliott went before our pick in the 6th and that depressed me even further. How'd he drop that far? Crazytown. I like the corner they got there so that made up for it.

7th ... whatever.

Pretty good job I'd say. Hit on the first two - most important - but fell asleep at the wheel a little bit after that. That's two solid drafts in a row from this bunch. Not amazing but good enough. Who is making these picks? Is Grier somehow competent? I'd like to know ... maybe I can start cutting Tbum some slack. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Evaluating a draft before everyone gets on the field is like saying the food is great without tasting it! On Paper our draft was a B+. It addressed 4 big needs. FS was a huge need and we addressed it, Lb was a top Need and we addressed it, TE was a top Need and we addressed it and finally overall Speed on D was a big Need. We Addressed that too. We wont know how all of this pans out till training camp and beyond but I for one am happy with the way things went despite thinking we needed a QB to develop and a DT to plug into the rotation!

Back
Top Bottom