Draft Grade Summary | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Grade Summary

To hell with what some of those coaches and GMs think, we drafted well. FS, TE, LB and RB were all needs for this team , big time needs as a matter of fact and we filled those beautifully. The Dolphins were smart, discipline and patient resulting in a good draft, no crazy trades were made, Tbaum was handcuffed and gagged allowing Gase and Grier to do their job, what more could we fans ask for?

After reflecting and reading the “experts” and posts here I think a fair sum up is:
1. Fitz was a 5 we got at 11.
2. We now have two playable TEs with Giesicki a likely starter (chain moving and red zone improvement).
3. We did not trade up, losing picks this year or next, for our draftees.
4. Will Baker’s speed and pass coverage skills be worth a 3rd round instead of Something else? Time will tell.
The lower rounds? Who knows. Nice letter from Amendola to UDFAs that likely applies to late rounds as well.

I'll go with a B.

First two picks were home runs. It's been discussed. I agree with the general concensus.

3rd rounder was tough because I wanted Rudolph (like many others) and we got a LB I was kind of meh on. I would've snatched Jefferson up there if it was LB or bust. They both project at Will in a 4-3 too. Blurg. Their careers will be followed and compared to Baker's. We'll see. My track record is way better than the fins, for anyone who cares.

I was also expecting a lot out of the 4th rounders because that's what we got (I think) for Ajayi and Landry. Ballage and Smythe for 2 of our best players. Yikes. There were obviously other players I wanted here ... too many to list, really. Ballage gets a pass from me but I don't see the upside with Smythe ... at all. You don't need to spend 4th round picks on blocking tight ends ... that's what I call getting opposite value.

Elliott went before our pick in the 6th and that depressed me even further. How'd he drop that far? Crazytown. I like the corner they got there so that made up for it.

7th ... whatever.

Pretty good job I'd say. Hit on the first two - most important - but fell asleep at the wheel a little bit after that. That's two solid drafts in a row from this bunch. Not amazing but good enough. Who is making these picks? Is Grier somehow competent? I'd like to know ... maybe I can start cutting Tbum some slack. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Rumor: Adam Gase has assumed more and more personnel control and input over the past two seasons. This is something that we were hearing BEFORE the draft last year and again before the draft this year.

Truth to it? I don't know. But this doesn't feel like Tbum.

I know that I've been pretty happy with the Fins' draft for 3 years in a row now. Thats a nice change...

On the basis that your 1st round pick is so much more important than the 2nd, and the 2nd than the 3rd and so on clearly your first 2 picks are critical. To get a home run in the 1st round and a player with outstanding potential in the 2nd was amazing, as a result it has to be an A for me.

Rumor: Adam Gase has assumed more and more personnel control and input over the past two seasons. This is something that we were hearing BEFORE the draft last year and again before the draft this year.

This is basically what Mrs Branch told me when I met her last week. That Gase is driving the personnel decisions.

Seems reasonable that the coach should have input into what type player (position, attitude, and intelligence). I assume he listens to Greer and T Baum. Maybe even Ross?

If the Phins needed a left tackle and picked a 6'2" Asaiah Wynn the front office would have been roasted alive! Meanwhile the Pats are praised and received B+ - A grades! We all know this grading business is a bunch of grade A crap!!!

**** the Patriots and Steelers. That's all I have to say. They get high grades every year regardless of who they draft. These grades should have a disclaimer.

Back
Top Bottom