• D-Like 2 picks

Votes: 6 3.1%
  • F-Like 1 pick

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • 0-Like 0 picks

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
DonShula84 said:
Roth and Crowder will still see a lot of playing time, and have potential to be starters.

The mascot has potential to start.....neither Roth nor Crowder will become full starters....and like most rookies will play when needed....perhaps in special teams play.

fishypete said:
The mascot has potential to start.....neither Roth nor Crowder will become full starters....and like most rookies will play when needed....perhaps in special teams play.

How are you so sure of this?

DolfanDaveInATX said:
A+. I think all six of these guys make our team. Brown and Daniels will start immediately, while Roth and Crowder will play regularly this year and become starters when we finally convert to a full-time 3-4. Alebi will probably spend this year on the inactive list working on his technique and then be ready to contribute next season. Vickerson is insurance if/when Tim Bowens has to retire.

when did you get the idea that Miami is going to convert to a full time 3-4?

I voted A. The only pick that bugs me is the 3rd rounder. I hate injury history as a knock against a player when it is big a concern as it is with CC. I really hope it works out, of course.

My true draft grade is a B, though. I don't think liking all but one pick makes the draft an A. This was a very solid effort, but Nick has ample room for improvement in future years. I have to save B+ through A+ in case he steps it up.

Jimi said:
How are you so sure of this?

The nature of the business....is Crowder ready to take over for Zack...I don't think so....right now...he couldn't tie Zacks shoes....and then there's always fear he'll get injured again. Can Roth beat out Taylor...I don't think he'll beat out anyone....thats not why Saban picked him....Saban is going to use Roth as a part-time DE and OLB...when he switch's defense scheme's. He'll be perfect for that. Perhaps in a year or two when Taylor and Zack are gone...one way or the other...then Roth and perhaps Crowder will have proved they can take over.

Jimmy James said:
I voted A. The only pick that bugs me is the 3rd rounder. I hate injury history as a knock against a player when it is big a concern as it is with CC. I really hope it works out, of course.

My true draft grade is a B, though. I don't think liking all but one pick makes the draft an A. This was a very solid effort, but Nick has ample room for improvement in future years. I have to save B+ through A+ in case he steps it up.

Hey Jimmy....how about them Chiefs....I told you Derrick Johnson was their target....even thou the way they acquired him wasn't the full plan....they just stepped in it...so to speak. Their gain...our loss.

Lol I can't believe anyone voted C or D, incredible.

fishypete said:
B....at best the only starters from the players selected will be Ronnie Brown and Daniels....Roth and Crowder will be nothing more than situational players and Alabi and Vickerson are projects with potential....years away if ever from being good enough to taken over a starting job.

Come on man..you cant be serious...Roth and Crowder only situational players? COME ON PEOPLE!

fishypete said:
Hey Jimmy....how about them Chiefs....I told you Derrick Johnson was their target....even thou the way they acquired him wasn't the full plan....they just stepped in it...so to speak. Their gain...our loss.

The Chiefs wanted a defender in the first? Imagine that. Don't try to take that line of bull you were floating about a trade between 9 and 15 and try to distill it down to you being right about Johnson. Plenty of mocks I saw before draft day had him going that low or lower.

finz99 said:
Come on man..you cant be serious...Roth and Crowder only situational players? COME ON PEOPLE!

Most rookies are....you have to prove you are the best by playing the best...and that takes time...like I said, perhaps in a yera or two...when major changes are made...both will be able to take over.

Obviously Saban knows more about us. People are dissapointed that the "big name" players weren't picked just because those are recognizable players. I trust the coach who knows a hell of alot more than us. I give him an A.

Overall at least a B+ but Ronnie Brown is an 'A'. Crowder needs to be healthy to have an impact and we need to see Daniels play slot CB this year at least to give the overall draft an 'A'.

Back
Top Bottom